Author Topic: Coburg vs Box Hill - Sat. April 28  (Read 9815 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Box Hill - Sat. April 28
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
I'll be old fashion and use something called a radio ;D.

You mean WIRELESS  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
what about a crystal set?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »
Or an old valve radio?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »
Tigers find Anzac fighting spirit
By Heather Mellican
Coburg Tigers website
April 30, 2012

The Coburg Tigers were able to bring home the Match Cup with a 13-point win against the Box Hill Hawks in their annual Anzac Match.

Willie Wheeler was awarded the Player of the Match Anzac trophy, picking up 31 disposals, five tackles and a goal. Other standouts included Richmond ruckman, Angus Graham registering 32 hitouts, more than Box Hill accumulated for the day, whilst racking up 24 disposals around the ground, as well as Adamm Maric with 32 touches and Matt Arnot, Christian McErlain and Leigh Masters also provided good second efforts around the ground.

Conditions were rough at Highgate Reserve in Craigieburn, with the swirling wind posing problems for both teams early on.

The first goal did not come until the 21 minute mark of the first quarter from Box Hill and Coburg were not able to respond until the first quarter siren, with a quick goal from young recruit from the Calder Cannons, Ozgar Uysal, who threw his body on the line and showed determination throughout the match.

A quick centre clearance at the start of the second quarter, provided a captain’s goal for Nick Carnell, which lifted the momentum in favour of the Tigers as they began to control the play, but were unable to convert their set shots in the challenging conditions.

Box Hill were able to break into the game, with good run and clearances from their midfield, as Coburg struggled to cover their running forward options.

The Hawks also took advantage of the Tigers’ overuse of the ball, causing turnovers.

Box Hill went into the second half with a two-point lead and momentum, scoring a quick goal and taking advantage of all opportunities in their forward line.

Coburg’s determination prevented the game from slipping away and found some Anzac fighting spirit to score four consecutive goals from Wheeler, Thomas, McGuane and 50 gamer, Ben Clifton. Masters was consistently providing second efforts around the ground, picking up nine touches in the third and playing a big part in giving the Tigers a four point lead going into the final quarter.

The Tigers continued to go hard at it, controlling the clearances, 11-5, in the final term, with the midfield providing options all over the ground and running with the ball to create opportunities and McGuane providing a solid target up forward.

When Coburg picked up two quick goals early on from Tom Derickx and Nick Maric, they looked to have sealed the game. However, missed opportunities in front of goal kept the Hawks in with a chance, with the Tigers kicking 11 behinds in the final quarter.

Although Box Hill tried to strike back with two goals, time was on Coburg’s side as they were able to take home the four points.

Coburg Captain Nick Carnell was happy with the win as he accepted the Anzac Match Cup and acknowledged the Hawks for their competitive efforts.

“It’s always a great day for the Anzac Day match.”

“Box Hill fought until the end and our boys really stuck at it to bring home the win.”

Coburg Tigers        1.2.8     4.6.30      9.8.62      11.19.85
Box Hill Hawks       1.4.10   4.8.32      8.10.58     10.12.72

Coburg Tigers
Goal Kickers: N. Carnell 3, L. McGuane 2, T. DERICKX , O. Uysal , N. Thomas , B. Clifton , W. Wheeler , N. Maric
Best Players: W. Wheeler, A. Maric, C. McErlain, A. Graham, L. Masters, J. Post
Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: A. Frank 3, B. Hill 2, D. HUGHES , L. Lowden , C. Young , D. WANGANEEN , M. Hallahan
Best Players: J. Boumann, C. Young, B. Hill, T. Murphy, B. Fagan, C. Bateman

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10471-0-0&sID=56260&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=19114608

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2012, 04:59:34 PM »
Development coach Greg Mellor summary of how each Richmond-listed player at Coburg performed against Box Hill...

Jeromey  Webberly
Played only a half, as he was an emergency for Richmond on Sunday.  Used the ball well and provided the team with good run, picking up 15 possessions in his limited game time.  One of the best players on the ground until he went off.

Matt Arnot
Led our team involvements with 15, including six tackles and five really good chases.  His big chase and tackle effort in the last quarter was a reflection of his competitive nature.  There was a good balance in his game on Sunday, as he impacted both offensively (25 possessions) and defensively.

Jayden Post
Had a good game defensively, although his positioning was out a couple of times, which allowed his opponent to get the ball.  Apart from this, his ability to read the play enabled him to spoil or intercept.  His cover at the back was very good and he set up many rebounding transitions.  His communication to our young defenders was also impressive.

Andrew Browne
Another solid performance.  Took four marks against Box Hill, but had opportunities to take more. His last quarter was very good, with his positioning and ability to help keep the ball centre-forward, a highlight.

Angus Graham
Best four-quarter effort for the year from big Gus. His ruckwork was outstanding and he provided the team’s ‘mids’ with first use of the ball on a consistent basis.  Also particularly pleasing were his efforts to chase and follow up contests.  And, his ability to spread from stoppages, resulted in him being effective in both offensive and defensive transitions.

Tom Derrickx
Took three very strong contested marks and clearly had his hands on a few more, but was unable to hold them.  These are the opportunities he needs to take.  Kicked an important goal and he should feel confident with his goalkicking, as he has been working very hard on this at training.

Ben Darrou
Had a few fumbles early on, but from there he had a good game offensively.  Played the percentages well at a couple of important stages in the second half.  Was much better defensively, too, demonstrating a greater focus on winning one-on-one contests.

Luke McGuane
Playing in an unfamiliar role as a key forward, he had a strong impact on the game kicking 2.5.  Also took three contested marks inside forward-50 and his defensive pressure was outstanding.  Just needs to tidy up his accuracy in front of goals.

Ben Griffiths
Started strongly, but came off the ground with a knock to the head and took no further part in the game after half-time.

Piva Wright
Had a good game.  His defensive set-ups were okay and he was more accountable for his direct opponent. Achieved a much better balance between offense and defence, and his decision-making and skill execution were quite good.

Dan Connors
Was lively early.  Picked up quite a few possessions in a creative first half of football, but then he experienced some leg soreness, which sidelined him for the second half.

Development squad

Steve Verrier
After a quiet first half, his 11 possessions after half-time contributed to getting the side back in the match.  Early on, he was caught between contests, but once he made this adjustment to his game, he was able to have an impact.  It was good to see him learn another role as a midfielder/forward.

Gibson Turner
His best quarter was the second when he spent some time in the midfield. This seemed to free him up to run and create.  As a small forward, he needs to move around at speed and work with intensity to the front of contests.  He is working hard on losing his opponent at stoppages.

Brett O’Hanlon
Had an excellent game.  Although it took him a little while to adjust to the style of Coburg reserves, he quickly imposed himself on the contest, collecting 27 possessions and kicking two goals.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/134607/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2012, 05:04:48 PM »
And here's the video highlights from Coburg's win over Box Hill last Saturday...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/445354/default.aspx

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »
What happened to the report on Addam Maric?????????????????

RFC Official, please explain!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
 :huh

that's easy.
Addam Maric. Another solid game at this level. But unfortunately can't translate this at AFL level.
Is and always will be a Melbourne reject and we as a club have learnt our lesson and will not be recruiting any player delisted by that club ever again.

The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
 :sleep

gerkin greg

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »

that's easy.
Addam Maric. Another solid game at this level. But unfortunately can't translate this at AFL level.
Is and always will be a Melbourne reject and we as a club have learnt our lesson and will not be recruiting any player delisted by that club ever again.

You'd probably be interested in this

Hawthorn director of football and derek Hine from collingwood were asked on 3AW today about recruiting Melbourne rejects Kyle Cheney and Simon Buckley respectively. Both said it was a mistake and despite both players now getting regular games and contributing in their second seasons at top 4 clubs they would both be delisted again at years end because it's a clear mistake to recruit delisted players from struggling clubs. Saints coach rang in and said the same about Polo.

Looks like they have vindicated your opinion Mr Tugra

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »

that's easy.

Hawthorn director of football and derek Hine from collingwood were asked on 3AW today about recruiting Melbourne rejects Kyle Cheney and Simon Buckley respectively. Both said it was a mistake and despite both players now getting regular games and contributing in their second seasons at top 4 clubs they would both be delisted again at years end because it's a clear mistake to recruit delisted players from struggling clubs. Saints coach rang in and said the same about Polo.

Any audio of this or is this just absolute BS?  Cannot imagine this to be true.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »

that's easy.

Any audio of this or is this just absolute BS?  Cannot imagine this to be true.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
Gee whiz :lol :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »
 :rollin

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »
While I agree with Mr Tigra, it may be on the basis that I just skulled a bottle of sparkling Shiraz.
And yes, I am painting my nails with glitter  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”