Author Topic: A New Tiger Dawn? - Terry Wallace  (Read 5846 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: A New Tiger Dawn? - Terry Wallace
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »
Failure as a coach and failure as a journo.

A weathered turd in the fishbowl that is the afl

Nice try dubstep but the plough insults should really be left to Tucker. He owns The Tanned One  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »

Nice try dubstep but the plough insults should really be left to Tucker. He owns The Tanned One  :thumbsup
Yeah Dubstep, How dare you......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »
wasn't Schultz an early draft pick, not traded for  :huh

we were in a 3 way trade with the roos and adelaide i think. we got Johnson and pick 12 (Schulz), Kangas got pick 2 (Wells) and Adelaide got Torney and Carey. I think I have that right ;D

We should have had wells or goddard. We got screwed because carlton are chests?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »

We did, but we were right royally screwed by the AFL.  We actually had choice 4 at the time. I knew people at the club and they felt there were 3 really good players in the draft and the rest you could throw a blanket over. They went to the league and asked if they should get involved with swapping their pick. The league said no worries go ahead. We did. Then at the last moment the league punishes Carlton for breaching the salary cap and suddenly pick 4 becomes pick 2!  We complain to the league and they say bad luck!  The people I knew said to me they NEVER WOULD HAVE TRADED PICK 2.
So by punishing Carlton the AFL also punished us.
The people I knew were very UNHAPPY!

Absolutely correct

when we traded for Johnson we traded pick 4 then weeks later it became pick 2 when the league stripped Carlton of draft picks for salary cheating. The league should have worked out the sanctions against the blues before trade week or delayed trade week ....we were screwed by the league big time
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 08:36:06 PM »
Article on a booking agency website? lolz

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »

Yeah Dubstep, How dare you......

Tucker mustve been posting when I posted that. It was good by the Dubber but Tuck just proved my point :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08:22 PM »

We did, but we were right royally screwed by the AFL.  We actually had choice 4 at the time. I knew people at the club and they felt there were 3 really good players in the draft and the rest you could throw a blanket over. They went to the league and asked if they should get involved with swapping their pick. The league said no worries go ahead. We did. Then at the last moment the league punishes Carlton for breaching the salary cap and suddenly pick 4 becomes pick 2!  We complain to the league and they say bad luck!  The people I knew said to me they NEVER WOULD HAVE TRADED PICK 2.

Absolutely correct

when we traded for Johnson we traded pick 4 then weeks later it became pick 2 when the league stripped Carlton of draft picks for salary cheating. The league should have worked out the sanctions against the blues before trade week or delayed trade week ....we were screwed by the league big time
What a load of rubbish!!!
The club was screwed by the league???? You've got to be joking??
This was the same draft the club in it's wisdom thought it good to actually pick Shultz, Fleming and let's not forget, "the great" Billy Nicholls.
Reality is they were the worst club at selecting good players and even worse at developing players. Even if they had pick 2 they probably wouldve picked up Shultz earlier.
But even if they sneaked over to another clubs table and copied their short list because other clubs had some clue and actually watched the players (they were thinking of drafting) play, they wouldve ruined the career of that player anyway with pee poor development.
So I wouldn't be blaming the AFL for screwing us over but I'd be blaming the club administration and the worst recruiter in the league.
 Thank God for Benny Gale and finally some vision at Richmond.   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »

Absolutely correct

This was the same draft the club in it's wisdom thought it good to actually pick Shultz, Fleming and let's not forget, "the great" Billy Nicholls.
Reality is they were the worst club at selecting good players and even worse at developing players. Even if they had pick 2 they probably wouldve picked up Shultz earlier.
But even if they sneaked over to another clubs table and copied their short list because other clubs had some clue and actually watched the players (they were thinking of drafting) play, they wouldve ruined the career of that player anyway with pee poor development.
So I wouldn't be blaming the AFL for screwing us over but I'd be blaming the club administration and the worst recruiter in the league.

And thank god for our leading goal kicker Brad Miller, our season would be up the creek without him!

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 11:27:11 PM »

And thank god for our leading goal kicker Brad Miller, our season would be up the creek without him!

FFS even Tiger from Tas can see it.  :banghead
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

gerkin greg

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 01:04:19 AM »
Didn't read Mr Tugra's post because it was too long

But I think I agree

The club shouldn't have been trading pick 4 regardless for an injury ravaged HBF

That had to be the worst draft of all time though

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »

So the FACT that when the club traded in good faith what they believed was pick 4 for Johnson and then a month after trade week concluded the AFL decides to stripe Carlton of their picks meaning pick 4 is suddenly pick 2 is the fault of the RFC? To boorw your phrase "What aload of rubbish"

So you think that it is fine that the governing body of the competition, the rule makers that set rules that clubs are foreced to follow can after everyone follows said rules can change them without any warning on something which results in the change of draft positions for ALL clubs is fair, eithical and right ...well good for you....

The rule change mid-stream was wrong and it screwed clubs; ours included
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »
obviously this part
We actually had choice 4 at the time. I knew people at the club and they felt there were 3 really good players in the draft and the rest you could throw a blanket over.

was not read,comprehended or just ignored by Mr T
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »
Funny when we were so called as bad as fitzroy and the media were calling for us to be given charity draft picks the afl or media didnt bring this up but focused only on the fiora/tambling/JON

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »
obviously this part
We actually had choice 4 at the time. I knew people at the club and they felt there were 3 really good players in the draft and the rest you could throw a blanket over.

was not read,comprehended or just ignored by Mr T

Looks like it doesn't it....

I'll choose to ignore the ramblings of Mr Tigra.  He seems to let aggression and emotion get in the way of reasoning.  There is no point arguing with those types as logic and sense are poorly comprehended.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »

So the FACT that when the club traded in good faith what they believed was pick 4 for Johnson and then a month after trade week concluded the AFL decides to stripe Carlton of their picks meaning pick 4 is suddenly pick 2 is the fault of the RFC? To boorw your phrase "What aload of rubbish"

So you think that it is fine that the governing body of the competition, the rule makers that set rules that clubs are foreced to follow can after everyone follows said rules can change them without any warning on something which results in the change of draft positions for ALL clubs is fair, eithical and right ...well good for you....

The rule change mid-stream was wrong and it screwed clubs; ours included
obviously you didn't read my post WP.
You are taking a pot shot at the AFL for making a decision on Carlton after we had already decided to trade our pick. But I'm saying it wouldn't have mattered what pick we had because we were hopeless at picking talent and even worse at developing players.
You can blame the AFL all you want but Richmond has been poo all by itself.
The club that keeps giving.