Author Topic: Nahas in Trouble  (Read 7603 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nahas in Trouble
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
Agree Nahas's forward pressure was very good yesterday as was his leads. When he ran literally 100metres to spoil that was fantastic. His speed is his main asset as well as his tackling. Needs to use his speed more often to the advantage of the team

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
Nahas at his best is better than Edwards. Edwards at his best is a pretty good player. Normally both of them are average players and Nahas gets pushed off the ball way too easily like Tigra said. It would be good if Mitch Morton had a defensive side. he would be a gun half forward if he did. but we are stuck with pygmies

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
Nahas at his best is better than Edwards. Edwards at his best is a pretty good player. Normally both of them are average players and Nahas gets pushed off the ball way too easily like Tigra said. It would be good if Mitch Morton had a defensive side. he would be a gun half forward if he did. but we are stuck with pygmies

WTF has Mitch got to do with anything?

:huh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 05:24:46 PM »

WTF has Mitch got to do with anything?

:huh

You're not very smart. This discussion is about undersized forwards. You are aware that Mitch Morton played a lot of football for the Richmond football club? You are aware that he's 185cm tall and 80+ kgs? I'm saying it's a shame he doesn't have a defensive side. If he did then he'd be playing some good footy for us right now.

Do you understand that, guy?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 05:30:32 PM »

Since when have you become an expert?

You're (or is that your) just a punter like the rest of us.

Tell me, have you actually coached a team?

:bow

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »

I'm not an expert but I reckon my comments are not fair off the mark here, 65'. What problem do you have with my post? Morton was a good forward. His goal kicking record proves that. What he lacked was a defensive side to his game. Now I would have thought that if he had a defensive side he would be a quite a good player. It would be a pleasant change from blokes like Nahas & Edwards offering very little in the air and when it comes to competing for the hard ball.
Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree then state why. It's called debating. Although it seems you're not capable of serious football discussion most of the time.

Why should we listen to a bloke that thinks Brett Deledio can't play midfield?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 05:42:11 PM »
I like Nahas when he gets busy.
And I'm not talking downtown either  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »

I'm not an expert but I reckon my comments are not fair off the mark here, 65'. What problem do you have with my post? Morton was a good forward. His goal kicking record proves that. What he lacked was a defensive side to his game. Now I would have thought that if he had a defensive side he would be a quite a good player. It would be a pleasant change from blokes like Nahas & Edwards offering very little in the air and when it comes to competing for the hard ball.
Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree then state why. It's called debating. Although it seems you're not capable of serious football discussion most of the time.

Once again WTF has Morton got to do with anything?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 05:46:28 PM »

Once again WTF has Morton got to do with anything?

Classic, 65'. Can't debate the point. Pop in over at the Collins/Grigg thread and ask everyone what Collins has to do with anything. Make sure a former player never gets mentioned in any other thread too.

Cheers!
The Coach

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »

so we traded Morton for Nahas and Edwards??

:wallywink

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »

Did we trade Jay Schulz for Brad Miller? The longer this goes on the worse it looks for you, dude.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 05:52:11 PM »

Did we trade Jay Schulz for Brad Miller? The longer this goes on the worse it looks for you, dude.

Once again, WTF?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
I thought Nahas' pressure in the forward 50 was excellent yesterday.

Don't be silly......trade him..... :whistle, no good at all apparently..go figure.

Honestly, apparently he is no good but we should trade him, Edwards is no good either but untradeable.....go figure... ::)
Some people believe it better to trade a player who has currency, hence the 'trade Nahas' calls. Some people believe a player who has no currency is not worth trading, hence the 'don't trade' Edwards calls.
IMO, keep Nahas and Edwards. There are few more on our list that will go or need to go before them two. That is not a ringing endorsement of those two but an illustration of our lack depth.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »

Once again, WTF?

How come you're not telling everyone that Wallace has nothing to do with Richmond in the Vickery thread? Your inconsistency is your downfall, 65'. Please stop this.

How come you think Deledio is a poor player?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 05:57:33 PM »
I thought Nahas' pressure in the forward 50 was excellent yesterday.

Don't be silly......trade him..... :whistle, no good at all apparently..go figure.

Honestly, apparently he is no good but we should trade him, Edwards is no good either but untradeable.....go figure... ::)
Some people believe it better to trade a player who has currency, hence the 'trade Nahas' calls. Some people believe a player who has no currency is not worth trading, hence the 'don't trade' Edwards calls.
IMO, keep Nahas and Edwards. There are few more on our list that will go or need to go before them two. That is not a ringing endorsement of those two but an illustration of our lack depth.

Don't try to have a blew with me GR12 just cause CD and 65 are at it.... :lol.. ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"