Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117786 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Cloke??
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »

I believe he'll stay at Collingwood too. But I was reading today on BF in the Freo forum that in some paper that Melbourne are trying to get him for $1.1million and 6 years. If that even happened then they would be paying around 20% of their total salary cap on two players. Good luck holding their young players in a few years if that were the case. Anything can happen when Schwab holds the cheque book.

that had me laughing so hard i fell out of my chair, and yes i believe the dees would do that too!

Put goddard in anyday, although he will be dumb/ loyal enuf to sign with saints

Peter Moore and Kelvin Templeton anyone.

With Barassi as coach.

When will they learn.  :lol :rollin :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »
Would prefer chasing a KP forward more around our core age group.

If we throw 900k at Cloke, think it could be far better spent on getting a Josh Kennedy back to Victoria. Or any other KP forward under 26 years of age - Hawkins, Hurley.

Unlikely getting them though.

Kennedy is a sandgroper

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »
He's shizen and we don't need him.

Would pay him 600k a year max. Any more and he can get suffed. He's too old now anyway.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »
Lol wtf. The rat was in the middle of talking about Cloke and Freo on he footy show... Then was cut out by an ad break

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
He's shizen and we don't need him.

Would pay him 600k a year max. Any more and he can get suffed. He's too old now anyway.

ditto

one great year and a good one last year. Back to the usual Cloke this year.

His overated

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »
Lol wtf. The rat was in the middle of talking about Cloke and Freo on he footy show... Then was cut out by an ad break

Yeah saw that, they came on quickly to apologise
Brayshaw said freo have now upped the offer to cloke, according to ratboy
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »
They're offering 5 years too aren't they?

So it's:

5 years @ Melbourne ~$1million a season = lose every week
5 years @ Fremantle ~$1million a season = kick 4 goals a fortnight

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »

So it's:

At least at Freo they'll win at home and every two weeks he'll get abused away. No different than the fans at Collingwood it seems. He's overrated at Collingwood and will be even more so at Freo. Can't see why he can't go west. :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »

So it's:

At least at Freo they'll win at home and every two weeks he'll get abused away. No different than the fans at Collingwood it seems. He's overrated at Collingwood and will be even more so at Freo. Can't see why he can't go west. :thumbsup

Freo can't seem to go east though... ho ho ho  :rollin

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2012, 01:05:05 AM »

So it's:

Would rather be a hobo and eating other peoples toenails than play for Melbourne.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2012, 02:29:18 AM »
David Cloke, who played 114 games for Collingwood and 219 for Richmond, refused to comment when questioned about the possible interest of the Tigers in acquiring the services of his powerful offspring.

All the way along the only comment I have made … is: (A) we’re talking with Collingwood about his contract, and (B) we’ve never at any stage had an offer from Western Sydney.

All the other bits and pieces I’ve said no comment to.

Moments earlier on the same station, Richmond CEO Brendon Gale indicated Cloke may be on the radar at Punt Road Oval.

"The fighting Tiger fund was about giving us the capacity not just to reward and retain our existing players but to secure new players, to build the depth of our list.

"And I’m sure that if our list management department formed the view that Travis could add value to our club, at the right price and it was consistent with the salary cap structure we have in place I’m sure we’d have a look at it."

Gale said that five-year deals were a matter of "horses for courses", admitting they involved a "a bit of guesswork" as well as knowing they capabilities of the player in question.

http://www.barossaherald.com.au/news/national/national/sport/clokes-open-on-fiveyear-deal/2583366.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:03 AM »
Asked specifically about Collingwood free agent Cloke on radio yesterday, Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale said, if he added value to the club, the list management group would have a look at it.

But club insiders do not believe Cloke will leave Collingwood, and will not make contact with his management despite him sharing representation with Dustin Martin.

Herald-Sun link

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2012, 05:12:34 AM »

Moments earlier on the same station, Richmond CEO Brendon Gale indicated Cloke may be on the radar at Punt Road Oval.

"The fighting Tiger fund was about giving us the capacity not just to reward and retain our existing players but to secure new players, to build the depth of our list.

"And I’m sure that if our list management department formed the view that Travis could add value to our club, at the right price and it was consistent with the salary cap structure we have in place I’m sure we’d have a look at it."

He did nothing of the sort you lying tossbag.  And they wonder why journo's are held in the same high esteem as politicians.   :wallywink   :banghead

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2012, 06:45:42 AM »
Don't want Cloke besides Collingwood are in the front runnung to retain his services

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2012, 08:41:39 AM »
wtf is this poo name from a treacherous family with that pedo moustache wearing deluded wanna be bidness guru even being entertained on a Richmond forum?  I just cannot believe it.  Him and his spawn are peanut ridden stools bobbing round the sewer that is Collingwood and it is quite fitting inmho.
Lots of people name their swords......