Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117683 times)

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Cloke??
« Reply #330 on: July 26, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
i'm a bit partial to cloke, my mate went to school with him and calls him "cabbage". I like calling him "cabbage".
But on the flipside, if it keeps miller in the 2's, gives jack the 2nd best defender and we dont sacrifice too much in getting him then i see it as a big positive. How is his record with regards to injuries and off-field behaviour?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: July 26, 2012, 10:46:37 AM »
Dokic. Please

The old man made a point of not letting any of his sons come to punt rd now we should return the favour and tell him to shove his 800k a year up his date

One good year and he demands 800k plus

Get over it.

Old man Cloke is a two time RFC premiership player who finished out his career with us.

He's a Tiger alright.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #332 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »
Neroli Meadows ‏@Neroli_Meadows twitter

"@Richmond_FC coach Damien Hardwick says Tigers are interested in out of contract @Collingwood_FC forward Travis Cloke @FOXSPORTS_NEWS

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #333 on: July 26, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
http://Old man also ditched us
Forget the animals
More thieves at me centre
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

the claw

« Reply #334 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:32 PM »
Don't worry, we'd be right into him, as would Carlton, Melbourne etc.

Nobody wants to do it as publicly as Geelong did with Boak.
if  malthouse is as good as carltons coach for next yr and the rmour mill is strong on that one,   then id say juffa is right and  cloke is going to join his old coach at that mercenary club.
when one thinks about it they are made for each other and the pieces of the puzzle sort of fall into place.

there is nothing to be gained by dragging this out if he was staying at collingwood.  the only possible reason imo is hes got an offer and  with malthouse going there  hes going to join his old coach at carlton.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #335 on: July 26, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »
if  malthouse is as good as carltons coach for next yr and the rmour mill is strong on that one,   then id say juffa is right and  cloke is going to join his old coach at that mercenary club.
when one thinks about it they are made for each other and the pieces of the puzzle sort of fall into place.

there is nothing to be gained by dragging this out if he was staying at collingwood.  the only possible reason imo is hes got an offer and  with malthouse going there  hes going to join his old coach at carlton.

Sounds like you are a bit of a Malthouse hater Claw.  Might explain your motive for downplaying our list so much.

Its more likely that Malthouse has an offer to come to Richmond and Cloke is following him there.  Craig Cameron was deliberately vague in his responses to Bartlett.  Its not something you would advertise until the end of the season and until the deal was done out of respect for all parties.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »

Sounds like you are a bit of a Malthouse hater Claw.  Might explain your motive for downplaying our list so much.

Its more likely that Malthouse has an offer to come to Richmond and Cloke is following him there.  Craig Cameron was deliberately vague in his responses to Bartlett.  Its not something you would advertise until the end of the season and until the deal was done out of respect for all parties.

TROLL?

:lol

Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

the claw

« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »

im actually a malthouse admirer. wasnt having a go at mick but cloke and carlton. this is exactly how carlton go about it remember judd?  and the clokes it seems.cartlon would be the mercenary club in the afl and cloke is being mercenary a good fit they probably deserve each other.

im just connecting the rumour dots and the facts.
ratten is out iof contract come seasons end hardwick has signed a two yr extension and done nothing wrong to suggest it wasnt warranted.i feel for ratten as i have never thought they had great depth either and injuries have really hurt them.

i dont down play down our list i give an honest assesment of where it is at imo. trouble is people dont like to hear that players they like are no good or only average at best or have to be moved on at some stage.

cmon do you really think they will sack hardwick to get mick. no way in the world.  hardwick has actually done a good job to date with the cattle hes had at his disposal. we as a club have worked damn hard to dispell the notion that we sack our coaches willy nilly and hardwick has done nothing wrong to deserve sacking.

if i listened to a lot of posters on here id believe hardwick is a dud and everything hes done is a failure.

the simple truth is the vast majority of things hes done hes got pretty much right, but there are some things hes got wrong and its these things that people  focus on.which okay to do but you have to look at the overall  picture to actually judge him.
 as a rookie coach in just his 3rd yr a reasonable person would expect lots of mistakes as he goes along and learns.  it seems most arent that reasonable on here.any mistake is a reason to sack him lol.
i think he has a contract till the end of 2014 i fully expect him to be there until then.
if malthouse had got the job in 09 i doubt very much if the list would be advanced any more than it is now.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »
Malthouse will not be anywhere near Carlton in 2013. For good measure . . .  ;)

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
im actually a malthouse admirer. wasnt having a go at mick but cloke and carlton. this is exactly how carlton go about it remember judd?  and the clokes it seems.cartlon would be the mercenary club in the afl and cloke is being mercenary a good fit they probably deserve each other.

Thanks for clarifying that.  Can't argue with Carlton being mercenaries.  Collingwood haven't looked after the Cloke family.  Unfortunately for the Clokes, Richmond has been such a basket case that we haven't been able to offer an alternative.  We should have had a Cloke at Richmond before now.

It would be fair to say off field, we have done enough to change that.  On field we haven't.  But we are developing an elite midfield with Maric, Deledio, Cotchin, Martin and a spine with Riewoldt and Rance.  Malthouse would tip the balance on field to getting him to Richmond.  With Hardwick at the helm.  Not much chance.  Thats the kind of difference Malthouse would bring to Richmond.  Instant fear and respect.

As to the troll.  Get back under your bridge.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Key Richmond figures at odds over whether Tigers should make play for Collingwood star Travis Cloke

By staff writers
    FOX SPORTS
    July 26, 2012

The Richmond hierarchy appears to be at odds over whether the club should make a play for Collingwood forward Travis Cloke.

With contract negotiations between Cloke and the Magpies on hold, the Tigers have been regarded as one of the key suitors for the power forward, who becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

Richmond head of football Craig Cameron on Tuesday night said the club was "duty bound to investigate all options" in regards to Cloke, but president Gary March says a tilt at securing the premiership player and Copeland Trophy winner would go against the club's development policy.

In an exclusive interview with FOX FOOTY's Eddie McGuire, March said the Tigers aren't interested in landing a "big fish".

"Our key focus has been on  re-signing our own stars and not going out and trying to get them from other clubs," March said.

"We've put a lot of time and effort into developing the Cotchins, the Deledios, the Martins, the Riewoldts, the Vickerys ... and pleasingly, we've kept all of those.

"We're not about going and getting a big fish from another club. We're about developing our own big fish.

"Unless you keep your group together, you're not going to win anything."

Tigers legend Kevin Bartlett urged Richmond to join the race for Cloke.

"I think they've definitely got to go for Travis Cloke," Bartlett told Fox Sports News.

"Could you imagine Travis Cloke on the forward line along with Jack Riewoldt? And you've got Cotchin, Deledio and Martin in midfield.

"The Tigers have lost five games this year by 12 points or less and I think most people understand they're a club on the rise and they've got very good young players.

"Cloke coming in at 25 years of age and playing as a key power forward gives Richmond and opportunity to take a big step."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/key-richmond-figures-at-odds-over-whether-tigers-should-make-play-for-collingwood-star-travis-cloke/story-e6frf3e3-1226435589238

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »
There is a reason why Gary March has no input into these sorts of things, but I guess that doesn't stop him from talking rubbish.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »

Ox

« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »
what a load of crap.

We need a strong,Tall forward and Cloke is one.
He's 25 and experienced.

Whats all the banter ??

Two big Croations is good,stuffin!!!!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
geez they all want a piece
of the Cloke pie.

old Shady Sheedy getting
in on the act. :lol