Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117657 times)

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Cloke??
« Reply #390 on: July 27, 2012, 03:29:11 PM »
We don't have anyone on our list who can fulfill the role of CHF. Recruiiting Cloke is a no brainer.. 

Vickery will never be a big CHF.  Physically and mentally he suffers from Matthew Francis syndrome.  He should be developed as a good second string mobile ruckman like the essendon/west coast models. 

What Collingwood offers Cloke is irrelevant.  What he is worth is based on his market value.  That value is determined by his value to the clubs interested in recruiting him.  To Richmond, his value would be enormous.  It would fill a huge hole in our spine.

Whether the other players on the list like his contract or not is also irrelevant.  Ask our well paid players if they want an extra 100k or they want to play finals consistently in a Richmond jumper.  The club needs be driven by success.  All that is driving it at the moment is the huge shadow of failure.  If the timidity of Craig Cameron's approach is genuine, don't expect anything from the future.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: July 27, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »
What do the current players make of mcgaune jackson and grahsm being on the list?

if cloke leaves collingwood he will go to the highest bidder. to get him we would have  pay way over his worth.

don't forget what effect this would have on current team members. lids signed a five year contract worth what he probably could have got on a three contract on the open market.

bringing in someone like coke on a hugely inflated contract wouldn't sit well amongst the players, IMO
I disagree. The players wouldn't give two stuff's what Cloke was being paid if he kicked 60 goals for the Tigers in 2013 and formed a partnership with JR8 that saw us play finals.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: July 27, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »
What do the current players make of mcgaune jackson and grahsm being on the list?

if cloke leaves collingwood he will go to the highest bidder. to get him we would have  pay way over his worth.

don't forget what effect this would have on current team members. lids signed a five year contract worth what he probably could have got on a three contract on the open market.

bringing in someone like coke on a hugely inflated contract wouldn't sit well amongst the players, IMO
doubt any of those players would be on more money than players like lids and cotch.

are you trying to argue that after signing a long term contract for less they could of got on the free market, there is no way players like lids could feel aggrieved if a mercenary came into the club on a hugely inflated contract?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: July 27, 2012, 03:44:13 PM »

doubt any of those players would be on more money than players like lids and cotch.

are you trying to argue that after signing a long term contract for less they could of got on the free market, there is no way players like lids could feel aggrieved if a mercenary came into the club on a hugely inflated contract?
I would hazard a guess and say Cotch, Lids, Jack and Martin are all well aware that by taking smaller contracts this would ease the load on signing other players long term to the club, whether that be internal or via free agency. I just don't think these guys would care what the other gets paid if they were playing in September as opposed to crawling the streets of Bali.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: July 27, 2012, 03:51:47 PM »
you know them then, do you?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #395 on: July 27, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »
The general opinion seems to be that Cloke is leaving Collingwood because he wants more money.  There was no suggestion of him leaving or wanting to be traded while he was under Malthouse.  The financial clause is trivial.  Could just be that he doesn't like Buckley. Who could blame him.

If the tigers don't compete for a flag in the next few years, the danger wont be disgruntlement over pay.  It will be Ottens all over again with players leaving in search of success.

Ox

« Reply #396 on: July 27, 2012, 03:54:55 PM »
haha

dwaino

« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
1. Move on McG
2. Move Newy to vets list
3. Use saved money to get Cloke
4. ???
5. Profit

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #398 on: July 27, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
1. Move on McG
3. Use saved money to get Cloke
4. ???
5. Profit

6.start winning games ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #399 on: July 27, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »

Seen this suggested a couple times

Newy's already on the vets list
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #400 on: July 27, 2012, 05:38:19 PM »
Wasn't he only moved outside the list and isn't on the wage where only half is counted towards cap yet? I remember there some confusion at the start of the year when it happened to his actual list position. I was under the impression he was moved so he could be put on the vets list any time.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #401 on: July 27, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
Move Big Papi to the vets list  :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2012, 05:41:34 PM »
Move Big Papi to the vets list  :clapping

*Pappi you goose.