Author Topic: Changes next week for the Saints game?  (Read 15254 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Changes next week for the Saints game?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »
Claw, the team won by 10 goals and you want to drop King who kicked 3 goals in the first 3 quarters,

Vickery who at least gives Maric a rest in the ruck in the d50 or fwd 50

You and I both know Jako won't get dropped thought I agree totally with you why drop Ellis when he has done everything asked of him.

Surely Maric for Batch is the answer.

I agree with you on alot of things Claw but our list unfortunantely still has flaws and until we draft or trade to fill these deficiencies staples such as Jako and smalls like Nahas King and Mini Maric will unfortunantely be part of the landscape but leave that for another time.  I guess for now we pick the best 22 available.
For me I can't wait for a fit Astbury to come into the side and straighten us right up.

the claw

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 07:38:06 PM »
Claw, the team won by 10 goals and you want to drop King who kicked 3 goals in the first 3 quarters,

Vickery who at least gives Maric a rest in the ruck in the d50 or fwd 50

You and I both know Jako won't get dropped thought I agree totally with you why drop Ellis when he has done everything asked of him.

Surely Maric for Batch is the answer.

I agree with you on alot of things Claw but our list unfortunantely still has flaws and until we draft or trade to fill these deficiencies staples such as Jako and smalls like Nahas King and Mini Maric will unfortunantely be part of the landscape but leave that for another time.  I guess for now we pick the best 22 available.
For me I can't wait for a fit Astbury to come into the side and straighten us right up.
i think i named 4 players who were ordinary imo.
what i have said is to allow batchelor to come back in rather than drop a kid who is performing consistently above expectations,  we should target one of those 4 who have been mostly poor all yr and didnt have great games. how about we try and take some of the load of those who are currently carruing us atm.

hmm the way i read it ben griffiths did not deserve a game he didnt earn it thats for sure. vickery was pathetic no other way to say it. 6 posessions no goals the odd hit out and little else he certainly does not deserve a game why not do what we did with griffiths and give a bloke like post a game or see what derickx can offer at the level. why must we continully reward utter mediocrity which is what vickerys whole season to date has been terribly mediocre.

me id be giving post a game and batchelor would be back in nahas would be one out if we keep vickery as the back up ruck one of king or jackson would be the other.

its so funny vickery has played 7 games this yr and he would be very close to our worst player in all 7 of them and no one wants to see him dropped. we dont have to tolerate this we do have options. my attitude is we could play tom derickx and not lose because he could hardly perform worse than what vickery has offered up to date.

it wont happen there are clearly favorites who can just walk into the team without doing a thing. and there are clearly favorites who stay in the team without doing a thing.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 07:54:35 PM »
Vickery will not be dropped after one game returning from injury. Dimma stated it himself that Vickery is crucial to our structure and he is playing his role well. What he is not doing is giving us additional scoreboard pressure but this also has to do with the limited opportunities he has been given. Our midfield has become a little Jack-centric over the summer and this has continued to be amplified with Vickery's lack of confidence. Dimma again was quoted that there has been many times over the early games this year that Vickery has been in better position and been overlooked by the midfield.

I watched the replay again today and Vickery played a much better game than his stats suggested. He was highly competitive in the ruck, presented all day as a forward forcing space and attention away from Jack. His ability to compete in the ruck also allowed Maric to go forward. At the bare minimum Vickery is a threat which can not be ignored either in the F50 or ruck which helps both Jack and Maric.

I'm looking forward to when he can thread a few through but he is going absolutely nowhere in the short term if he can continue to play his role.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »
You said a novel idea in dropping someone who has been poor for most of the year and whilst that is fine the team had contributors all across the park yesterday and you just can't drop someone either of King or Nahas who kicked 5 between them yesterday or Edwards who was creative and although yes Vickery was not all that great he does give us that extra option of allowing Maric to rest in fwd or def 50. That option negates itself by including Graham, Browne or Derickx.

I feel with what's available right now and given our effort yesterday team balance whilst not perfect is good however and rather than keeping a small in Maric who hasn't set the world on fire in the seniors would make way for a more combative and defensive minded player in Batch.

As I have mentioned in previous posts on other threads when Astbury is fit and ready he plays at CHF with Vickery as a third tall. Right now Vickery is struggling as Miller is offering squat with the third tall defender(yes I know Miller didn't play yesterday) and Jack taking the big monster defender and Vicks the second defender. Astbury straightens us up in the forward half and as mentioned Vickery goes in the ruck when we rest Maric either in D50 or on the bench because we'll have the extra talls in Griff and Astbury.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 08:17:14 PM »
Batch will more than likely come in for Maric or Ellis though then this means someone such as Conca, King or Dea would become the sub. Butterfly effect  :shh

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »
Batch will more than likely come in for Maric or Ellis though then this means someone such as Conca, King or Dea would become the sub. Butterfly effect  :shh

Agree totally
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 09:14:43 PM »
i  have a novel idea. rather than drop a kid who is doing everything asked of him why dont we actually target someone who has been ordinary in most games.
vickery was a witches hat again. nahas was pathetic and has been in numerous games so far. king popped up with 3 goals but did stuff all else and jackson kicked two that made his game almost passable.
shane edwards has had two decent weeks as a small forward/mid for the life of me why do we need both king and nahas as well.

Nahas was far from pathetic, he ran rings around his opponent...that lounge room seat gives a fairly narrow perspective im afraid :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 09:33:48 PM »
I thought both Nahas and King played well. Forward pressure was solid from both, which i believe is just as important as impacting the scoreboard.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
Drop 4 guys after a 10 goal win to bring in a guy who was playing VFL reserves 2 weeks ago plus a guy who did Actualy play round one and proved he is a total spud! Then to throw in a couple of untried guys just for good measure is delusional at best.
Claw, all your posts are full of fancifull crap that only shows you have completely no idea how a footy team or it's staff operate :lol :rollin but thanks for the humor anyway, without your posts I wouldn't be able to pee myself laughing on a daily basis :lol :lol
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:53:52 PM by Tiger-from-Tas »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 11:28:07 PM »
Who proved he is a total spud?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 11:52:26 PM »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »
I thought Vicks was ok. He is good in the ruck and vitally important to our structure. There is no worthy replacement anyway but he needs to stay in the team.

Have some mail. Guthrie getting very close  ;)

I just think we can't go in with 3 smalls in Nahas KIng and Maric next week Stripes.

For me if Batch is fit he plays at Mini Maric expense.

Bugger it. Give Nahas a run in the magoos and let's see what Maric can do STARTING on the field. But congratulations to Robbie  :clapping Kicked on his left for the first time yesterday  :clapping it went 9 metres  :clapping
:lol  Noticed that.  At least he tried.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
Batchelor for Nahas, give Mini Maric a run in place of Nahas.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »
By chance I was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and I caught the Blooze vs Aints game on the Monday night.  I thought the Aints midfielders did a great job running in both directions and on the spread from the contests.  Their three smaill forwards capitalised on the job their mids did.  Too many times the ball came over the back of the Blooze' press.

The leader of the Aint's mids seemed to Jack Steven.  Although there are not so many wraps on his kicking, he got the ball a lot and did a lot of hard running both ways.  He was reasonably good by hand.  The Aint's talls weren't the ones who won that game for them, it was their smalls.

Reckon we'll have to shut down the normal suspects and Steven on Friday night.

the claw

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 02:12:30 PM »
Vickery will not be dropped after one game returning from injury. Dimma stated it himself that Vickery is crucial to our structure and he is playing his role well. What he is not doing is giving us additional scoreboard pressure but this also has to do with the limited opportunities he has been given. Our midfield has become a little Jack-centric over the summer and this has continued to be amplified with Vickery's lack of confidence. Dimma again was quoted that there has been many times over the early games this year that Vickery has been in better position and been overlooked by the midfield.

I watched the replay again today and Vickery played a much better game than his stats suggested. He was highly competitive in the ruck, presented all day as a forward forcing space and attention away from Jack. His ability to compete in the ruck also allowed Maric to go forward. At the bare minimum Vickery is a threat which can not be ignored either in the F50 or ruck which helps both Jack and Maric.

I'm looking forward to when he can thread a few through but he is going absolutely nowhere in the short term if he can continue to play his role.
what role that of a witches hat pathetic in 7 out of 7 games. we can ask elton or derickx to stand in the forward line and be a statue if thats important to structure i will go heave.it would be impossoble to get much less out of a player for so long.there is absolutely no justification for keeping vickery in the team. if we have no other option that means we are poo when it comes to depth. if we have noone worth trying ie derickx who can be just as good for the structure  and be a statue too then we are on the verge of another false dawn because nothing will be sustainable.
oh i know dimma said so and every single thing dimma says and does is correct. i suppose if you play him long enough he will have a good game but atm hes being gifted games  again big time.

people think we are going all right atm how much better could we be if we didnt have so many passengers. how many could we have won this yr if we did not have so many passengers. we lost close ones for a reason to much left to too few.