Author Topic: Changes next week for the Saints game?  (Read 15266 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes next week for the Saints game?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »
while vickery may not be in flash form at least he has shown he is capable of performing at AFL level.

Derrickx has not even shown he is capable of playing at VFL level.

as for elton, yeah looks to have ability but play him in the ruck at AFl level (which he hasnt even done even at vfl level) and it would be like Bruce Reid in that 12th man tape.

sheesh!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
Vickery will not be dropped after one game returning from injury. Dimma stated it himself that Vickery is crucial to our structure and he is playing his role well. What he is not doing is giving us additional scoreboard pressure but this also has to do with the limited opportunities he has been given. Our midfield has become a little Jack-centric over the summer and this has continued to be amplified with Vickery's lack of confidence. Dimma again was quoted that there has been many times over the early games this year that Vickery has been in better position and been overlooked by the midfield.

I watched the replay again today and Vickery played a much better game than his stats suggested. He was highly competitive in the ruck, presented all day as a forward forcing space and attention away from Jack. His ability to compete in the ruck also allowed Maric to go forward. At the bare minimum Vickery is a threat which can not be ignored either in the F50 or ruck which helps both Jack and Maric.

I'm looking forward to when he can thread a few through but he is going absolutely nowhere in the short term if he can continue to play his role.
what role that of a witches hat pathetic in 7 out of 7 games. we can ask elton or derickx to stand in the forward line and be a statue if thats important to structure i will go heave.it would be impossoble to get much less out of a player for so long.there is absolutely no justification for keeping vickery in the team. if we have no other option that means we are poo when it comes to depth. if we have noone worth trying ie derickx who can be just as good for the structure  and be a statue too then we are on the verge of another false dawn because nothing will be sustainable.
oh i know dimma said so and every single thing dimma says and does is correct. i suppose if you play him long enough he will have a good game but atm hes being gifted games  again big time.

people think we are going all right atm how much better could we be if we didnt have so many passengers. how many could we have won this yr if we did not have so many passengers. we lost close ones for a reason to much left to too few.

Here we go again  :lol :lol You must love making yourself look like a dill :lol Your not happy that supposedly Griffiths was gifted a game this week even though he has clearly been in our best preformed backman for Coburg and at least has been in Coburgs best's twice in his 6 games.

And now you want to drop a second Ruckman and literary gift a game to a guy has has been in the Coburg reserves this season or a skinny kid who is a forward not a Second ruckman :lol :lol  You clearly have no idea about team structures or the way a side operates, in your opinion if all our talls were down on form you would replace them all with midfielders jsts because they were going o.k in the Two's :lol :lol  Look out, If claw has his way we could end up with Mini Maric in the Ruck :lol

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
Vickery wont get dropped but gee he was ordinary once again.
Saints have no ruckman
Interesting the line up next week
Considering the Saints smalls that are doing the damage

Ruanaidh

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »
Saints have no ruckman
Vicks did a lot of work off the ball. Once he held back 2 defenders allowing Jack to goal and on two occasions (Nahas and Jacko) he could have been given a handball which would have resulted in a goal to him. He was 'bullocking' in the packs, ran and led to the right positions and relieved the Mullet with no discernible advantage to the opposition, unlike when Miller went into the Ruck the week before. Furthermore, when Vicks went into the Ruck Ivan was damaging up forward. Vicks, when he is competing, is crucial to our Forward/Ruck set-up.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »
Totally agree. Saw a block he did in the fourth which allowed Jack to take possession

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »
Saints have no ruckman
Vicks did a lot of work off the ball. Once he held back 2 defenders allowing Jack to goal and on two occasions (Nahas and Jacko) he could have been given a handball which would have resulted in a goal to him. He was 'bullocking' in the packs, ran and led to the right positions and relieved the Mullet with no discernible advantage to the opposition, unlike when Miller went into the Ruck the week before. Furthermore, when Vicks went into the Ruck Ivan was damaging up forward. Vicks, when he is competing, is crucial to our Forward set-up.

We're all reading from the same hymn book...well almost  ;D Great post!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »
Vickery needs to get more than 6 possessions a game.end of story

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 05:05:32 PM »

Otherwise what?? We bring in Derickx :lol

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »

:cheers :rollin

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »

What's Post's form been like? Or we could re call Miller  :whistle

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
Pointless discussioning with idiots
I said he wouldn't get dropped, although he needs to get more than 6 possesions
Which part of the English Language don't you understand
You have yet another added to the ignore list, no 9 !! :birthday

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
 :lol :rollin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »
Saints have no ruckman

We'll have our hands full Milera has been good for them.
Templeton from Charlotte's Web, Milera and Saad have kicked 21 golas between them in the last three weeks.

I still think our added toughness will prevail on the night.

Other than Hayes and Goddard if he plays in the middle Dal Santo and Montagna aren't tough nuts

like Cotch Martin Foley and Tuck.

It just depends on whether we get our spread going as well as we did on Saturday.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »
Pointless discussioning with idiots
I said he wouldn't get dropped, although he needs to get more than 6 possesions
Which part of the English Language don't you understand
You have yet another added to the ignore list, no 9 !! :birthday

O.k lets try and work this out. You have said.....A. Vickery wont get dropped. and.....B.He needs to get more than 6 possessions a game. end of story.

So why don't you spit out exactly what your trying to say, actually exactly what ARE you trying to say?? What is the end of the story? please do tell..........