Author Topic: Changes next week for the Saints game?  (Read 15260 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Changes next week for the Saints game?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
Vickery wont get dropped but gee he was ordinary once again.
Saints have no ruckman
Interesting the line up next week
Considering the Saints smalls that are doing the damage

We'll have our hands full Milera has been good for them.
Templeton from Charlotte's Web, Milera and Saad have kicked 21 golas between them in the last three weeks.

I still think our added toughness will prevail on the night.

Other than Hayes and Goddard if he plays in the middle Dal Santo and Montagna aren't tough nuts

like Cotch Martin Foley and Tuck.

It just depends on whether we get our spread going as well as we did on Saturday.

match ups on the night will be of interest, especially there smalls.
Conca go back in defence on Saad ?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
I'm interested too Jack.

Morris to Templeton the rat is a no brainer.

I would think Conca to Milera as both play some of the game in the midfield. Make Milera accountable. Nobody has picked him up this year and I think Conca has him in the contested stakes IMHO.

which leaves possibly Ellis on Saad.

In any event we need to find a match up for the third small, yet IMHO I think we have them covered in the midfield in terms of toughness and with their talls and the ruck. :thumbsup

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »
I'm interested too Jack.

I would think Conca to Milera as both play some of the game in the midfield. Make Milera accountable. Nobody has picked him up this year and I think Conca has him in the contested stakes IMHO.

In any event we need to find a match up for the third small, yet IMHO I think we have them covered in the midfield in terms of toughness and with their talls and the ruck. :thumbsup

Totally agree :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
didnt Dea towel up, or probably more appropriately blanket, Saad in a a VFL game last year?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
would think conca to slow

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 07:59:37 PM »
didnt Dea towel up, or probably more appropriately blanket, Saad in a a VFL game last year?

I think he did. :thumbsup

That provides a solution. :thumbsup

I reckon Dimma will go with that. :thumbsup

Unlike Wallet who on Anzac Day 2006 saw Polo give Buddy a bath in the VFL yet come Round 12 played Ray Hall on him and Buddy kicked 6 in Tassie. :help

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
Footy Barometer - Round 10
    May 22, 2012

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Block? More like dais if you listen to the roars of the Tiger army. You’d think after the best win in Damien Hardwick’s reign changes would be minimal. Vickery was only OK in his return but should stay but Addam Maric could make way after only coming in late and starting as the sub.

ON THE CUSP: Jake Batchelor only missed because he wrong-footed himself in a tram track to dodge a moving car, Richmond footy manager Craig Cameron said on Saturday. You’d think he comes straight back while Jayden Post, who seems to play anywhere and everywhere at Coburg, and speedster Matt White remain in the mix.

SAM LANDSBERGER’S FORECAST: It’s hard not to get excited at the sight of Richmond up and about. While Hawthorn had a stinker on Saturday, the Tigers would’ve beaten most with their tenacious attack on the ball and dynamic forward set up. Finally, after competitive matches against Geelong, West Coast and Collingwood, the dam wall burst in the final quarter on Saturday and it was party time at the MCG. Suddenly St Kilda in the Friday night lights is a 50-50 affair before Fremantle (home) and GWS. The Tiges are coming.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/footy-barometer-round-10/story-fncufbo5-1226369833171

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »
Vickery wont get dropped but gee he was ordinary once again.
Saints have no ruckman
Interesting the line up next week
Considering the Saints smalls that are doing the damage
Vicks did a lot of work off the ball. Once he held back 2 defenders allowing Jack to goal and on two occasions (Nahas and Jacko) he could have been given a handball which would have resulted in a goal to him. He was 'bullocking' in the packs, ran and led to the right positions and relieved the Mullet with no discernible advantage to the opposition, unlike when Miller went into the Ruck the week before. Furthermore, when Vicks went into the Ruck Ivan was damaging up forward. Vicks, when he is competing, is crucial to our Forward/Ruck set-up.

Yep, important observations right there.  Ivan is going to need a serious chop out soon if he is to maintain his output for the remainder of the season (and into September god forbid) and Vickery is the only viable option we have that can do that to a serious level at present.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »
I'm interested too Jack.

Totally agree :thumbsup
Dea will blanket Saad and Conca will make Milera look second rate. Morris to take the annoying twerp Milne and we will leave Kosi and Riewoldt to Griff and Rance. I think we have a good enough backline to compete with their forwards . . . this game will be won and lost in the midfield where Maric and co. will tear them in half!  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix

Jake Batchelor should be available for selection after being a late withdrawal for the match against Hawthorn because of an ankle injury. His replacement as a key defender, Ben Griffiths, performed well enough to keep his spot, so it's up in the air whether Batchelor will return. Ruckman and forward Tyrone Vickery's statistics suggest he's due for demotion but coach Damien Hardwick says he's important for the forward structure. The promotion of any players from the Coburg Tigers line-up is unlikely because every VFL club had a bye while the representative team played Tasmania at the weekend. Coburg also has a bye this weekend.
-Paul Daffey

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/137165/default.aspx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:16 PM »
Batch in obviously. If Coburg was playing this week I could see the coaches wanting to get a full game into Ellis after he's been the sub or being substituted th last few weeks, but given they aren't then you'd think mini Maric will make way although he was pretty good once he came on.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2012, 07:04:24 AM »
Mini Maric probably the logical choice to drop if Batchelor coming in which I believe would mean that Ellis will be the substitute

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »
Pointless discussioning with idiots
I said he wouldn't get dropped, although he needs to get more than 6 possesions
Which part of the English Language don't you understand
You have yet another added to the ignore list, no 9 !! :birthday

O.k lets try and work this out. You have said.....A. Vickery wont get dropped. and.....B.He needs to get more than 6 possessions a game. end of story.

So why don't you spit out exactly what your trying to say, actually exactly what ARE you trying to say?? What is the end of the story? please do tell..........

Dunno but it will end in ...FACT

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »

Hmmm, Deavious Al

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.