Author Topic: Daniel Jackson on SEN  (Read 1399 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Daniel Jackson on SEN
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »
I caught some of Jacko's interview on SEN around 12.30pm ...

* Sherbecks (Tigers man too) told Jacko now that the Tigers are up and about you'll be playing in front of good crowds every week (minimum 30-40k). Jacko said hopefully the rest of the AFL appreciates Richmond. He did a players clinic the day after the St Kilda and plenty of non-Tiger and non-Saint supporters came up to him telling him what a great game it was. It is a really good feeling but we have a long way to go.

* Lose a couple games and you're back in the proverbial. If we stick to our process and structures will be fine. Coaches have been and are fantastic.

* Freo still playing some good footy although they'll be disappointed having lost the last couple. With Ross Lyon they'll play lock-down footy so we need to be prepared for that. Hopefully we can use the cold wet weather in Melbourne to our advantage as Freo would be use to playing in warmer conditions. One thing for sure is we can't rest on our laurels.

* Asked about how he handled personal criticism (Robbo nailed him in that article a few weeks back)? Jacko said he's got use to it. It's a part of footy. Had got my own battles as a tagger but got squeezed out of there and now needed to play on a wing and elsewhere. Admitted he's not a great kick or decision maker (they don't come naturally to him) but believes he's hitting more targets now. Tucky came up to Jacko and told him the same thing happened to him (re: public criticism) a couple of years ago and how people had written him off. You've just got to get on with it and Jacko believes it helps make you want to get better and work on your weaknesses.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Jackson on SEN
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
Here's the audio of Jackson's interview ...

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Tiger-Dan-Jackson/4839

Jacko also said Dimma is the one leading the way as far as keeping a lid on things. Used the cliche 'taking one week at a time' and sticking to our processes and structures. The bonus in matching and beating the top sides is it gives you the believe in what you're doing and to stick to those processes and structures that are working.

the claw

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »
is a dud and a liability always has been always will be. not a great kick or decision maker and hes playing thru midfield i really do wonder what happened to that mantra  yet again i wonder what happened to a few of the mantras.

may have been one of few bigger bodies at the club two or three seasons ago that was the only reason we had for keeping the dud  that excuse is not relevant today.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
 :sleep

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »

the claw

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
wake up bud you may learn something. yet again maybe we should let you sleep as a lost cause. ;)

the claw

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »

:sleep :sleep
ah another of the head in the sand brigade who ignore the obvious.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
Jacko is becoming a weak link. I expect Dimma will upgrade him soon enough when personnel is available.

the claw

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »
Jacko is becoming a weak link. I expect Dimma will upgrade him soon enough when personnel is available.
is becoming lol has always been a hack.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
STFU and pull your head in, claw. Read the thread title - Daniel Jackson on SEN. READ IT. It's not "Is Daniel Jackson any good?"....it is "DANIEL JACKSON ON SEN"

You don't need to hijack every stuffing thread with your 'Richmond are poo and will never be any good until insert player is gone' act. It's bloody tiring. And this is coming from someone who would like to see Jackson replaced so don't even try, guy.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »
yes he does, in the same way as a shark needs to keep swimming
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
STFU and pull your head in, claw. Read the thread title - Daniel Jackson on SEN. READ IT. It's not "Is Daniel Jackson any good?"....it is "DANIEL JACKSON ON SEN"

You don't need to hijack every stuffing thread with your 'Richmond are poo and will never be any good until insert player is gone' act. It's bloody tiring. And this is coming from someone who would like to see Jackson replaced so don't even try, guy.
:sleep :sleep

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
seesh talk about a sheesh sheesh, how many times do we need to sheesh sheesh

gerkin greg

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 05:04:58 PM »
sheesh kebab

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »
is a dud and a liability always has been always will be. not a great kick or decision maker and hes playing thru midfield i really do wonder what happened to that mantra  yet again i wonder what happened to a few of the mantras.

may have been one of few bigger bodies at the club two or three seasons ago that was the only reason we had for keeping the dud  that excuse is not relevant today.

Do you have to derail every thread?

I'm getting pretty sick of wading through semi-relevant opinion pieces and off-topic crap  :banghead