Author Topic: Richmond could climb into the finals at the expense of Carlton (Herald-Sun)  (Read 13328 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
With Brisbane in the mix now, we have four 8-point games on the run home. So destiny is in our own hands.

Geelong (8-5)      St Kilda (6-7)    Carlton (6-7)     Richmond (6-7)     Fremantle (6-7)         North (7-6)            Brisbane (6-7)

R15  Gold Coast (away)    Essendon       Collingwood        Melbourne               Bulldogs           West Coast (Hobart)     Sydney (away)
R16   Collingwood         Brisbane (away)    North          Gold Coast (Cairns)  Melbourne (away)       Carlton                    St Kilda
R17    Essendon           Sydney (away)     Bulldogs            North                     GWS                    Richmond                Gold Coast (away)
R18     Adelaide (KP)        Bulldogs          Richmond          Carlton                 Port (away)             Melbourne                West Coast (away)
R19    Hawthorn            Collingwood         Sydney         Brisbane (away)      West Coast               Bulldogs                  Richmond
R20 West Coast (away)   Melbourne         Brisbane           Bulldogs             Adelaide (away)          Essendon                Carlton (away)
R21    St Kilda                 Geelong           Essendon       Fremantle (away)      Richmond              Collingwood               Adelaide
R22    Bulldogs (KP)          GWS       Gold Coast (away)   Essendon             North(away)             Fremantle                 Port Adelaide (away)
R23    Sydney (KP)          Carlton             St Kilda             Port                    Melbourne               GWS (away)              Bulldogs

vs top 6          6                3                     3                     1                          2                          3                            3
8-pointers       1                3                     4                     4                          2                          3                            3
vs bottom 5    2                3                     2                     4                          5                          3                            3

Ruanaidh

They are constantly talking about 'blocks of 4' at the club. Well in this block we need two 10 goal plus wins against Melb an GC. Then we must win by any margin against North and Carlton.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Freo will be 11-7.

We can't afford to be upset by any of the bottom 4 sides. Brisbane and Nought I would have pencilled in for wins, but they have both hit some form. We should smack Carlton in their current form, especially if they lose the next 2, they will be pretty down and out. Freo away could be tricky, the Bumbers might have packed up for the season if they have locked away a top 4, or can only finish 5-8 by the time they play us.

They're all winnable, but I can't see us winning 9 straight.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Should win enough games to make the 8 with that run home. Starts this week, we win (like we should) and we will be in the 8 and won't fall back out.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Freo will be 11-7.

We can't afford to be upset by any of the bottom 4 sides. Brisbane and Nought I would have pencilled in for wins, but they have both hit some form. We should smack Carlton in their current form, especially if they lose the next 2, they will be pretty down and out. Freo away could be tricky, the Bumbers might have packed up for the season if they have locked away a top 4, or can only finish 5-8 by the time they play us.

If we win 9 straight (this year) I will donate one of my cars to the club  :shh word!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Freo will be 11-7.

If we win 9 straight (this year) I will donate one of my cars to the club  :shh word!

Does that include the 1975 purple Valiant?
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From Mark Stevens' article in today's Herald-Sun...

THE "REAL" LADDER

Teams still in contention for the finals and their record against teams currently in the top eight

1. Collingwood 4-1
2. Sydney 4-1
3. West Coast 3-2
4. Hawthorn 3-3
5. Essendon 2-2
6. Adelaide 2-3
7. North Melbourne 2-4
8. Richmond 2-5

9. Geelong 1-4
10. St Kilda 1-4
11. Carlton 1-5
12. Brisbane Lions 1-5
13. Fremantle 1-6

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert-opinion/geelongs-poor-record-against-top-sides-exposed-in-ladder-that-matters/story-fncqi979-1226417097939

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Carlton now have a percentage of 108.7 (+102 pts) compared to our 106.2 (+72 pts). So first of all we need to win today to get to 7 wins. If we win by 6 goals or more we'll still be able to jump ahead of the Blues.

tony_montana

This is why some of us 'sook' about dropping very winnable games and not boosting percentage against the leagues whipping boys, other teams like Carlton start getting some unexpected wins, north are also 20pts ahead of the eagles ::) so to all those ppl who were calmly saying after the Adelaide game, big deal, next week we'll be in the 8 bc everyone will lose and we will win, stuff off :wallywink

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy

Dubstep Dookie

This is why some of us 'sook' about dropping very winnable games and not boosting percentage against the leagues whipping boys, other teams like Carlton start getting some unexpected wins, north are also 20pts ahead of the eagles ::) so to all those ppl who were calmly saying after the Adelaide game, big deal, next week we'll be in the 8 bc everyone will lose and we will win, stuff off :wallywink

:clapping

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020

:clapping
:clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

10 FLAGS

Carlton still 8th and we are 9th again. Wasted a million opportunities today. A shocking performance only slightly abated by the fact we picked up the win.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
If we kicked straight we would have won by 50+ and been in the 8 tonight.

Blew our chance.

Imagine if it was round 23 and we missed the finals like this.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I've said this before and will say it again

Forget about finals. If it by some small chance great rejoice, but this is reality and the best we can hope is denying the Bombers a top 4 and blues a top 8 spot

Today was a rubbish win. Writing was on the wall in the GWS game but the Ao called experts blamed the weather.

Newman another game which supports the argument for Cotch being captain

He has become a liability. Maybe he can be a real leader and give it Cotch now

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.