Author Topic: Changes For Next Week  (Read 9304 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Changes For Next Week
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »
gee was Batch a bit down  :shh
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:01:38 AM by gerks »

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
It says subdued, not subbed
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »
nice one gerks  :wallywink

thanks wayne  ;D

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
nice one gerks  :wallywink

thanks wayne  ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
 :lol
nice edit :thumbsup
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2012, 10:21:34 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2012, 11:17:15 PM »
The Footy Show had six ins in a squad of 28. In: Graham, Miller, King, Connors, Foley & White. No outs and Jack was named.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
Hardwick today said pretty confident Jack will play

the claw

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »
injuries permitting id go like this. did this on another board.

b/ morris - rance - newman
hb/ dea - griffiths - batchelor.
c/ grigg - tuck - deledio
hf ohanlon - post - edwards
f/ i maric - riewoldt - king
r/ graham - cotchin - foley.
int/ martin - ellis - a maric - conca/jackson

ins post - foley - king - graham
outs houli - vickery - nahas - jackson.

graham for vickery has to be a better ruck option play ivan in a pocket he did perform this role at adelaide at times. best of both worlds ivan gets a break of sorts we reward grahams good form and we drop a badly out of form player.

drop nahas and keep ohanlon just have to play this kid. in nahas place go tall with a permanent marking player in post. the postman gives us flexability as well.

drop houli soft insipid performances should not be tolerated at any time. keep a maric give him a block of 4 games he must think everytime he makes a mistake hes gone give him a chance to gell in. bring in king for houli at the very least king will tackle and commit his body.

finally foley for jackson chalk and cheese in performance and quality.

i reckon newman batchelor and conca a real lucky if we had a agile tall defender ie grimes moore to come in one of these would be in the gun.

Amazed you dont want to drop Edwards, that must be a 1st..  Post wont play forward in front of Vickery..  Post doesnt play to the structures well enough yet and lacks a yard of pace on Vickery..

There will be minimal changes this week.. Push up back in for A. Maric and if Jacko is outed. which i dont think he will, but i'd bring in Arnot for him as the sub..  O'Hanlon did ok and should keep his spot.
have acknowledged edwards has had a decent 4 weeks in a row. gotta give credit where its due.  thats not to say i think edwardss is a good player. seen enough to quite frankly not rate him.

if he can gather 18 possesions use em well and kick two goals every week in the forward line i will gladly continue to pick him.

with most of our older players i have always argued they revert to type. they offer up some good games in a row at a level they cant maintain.then they   dramatically drop away back to a sub standard level. we have seen this already lots of times in edwards 6 yr career. we have seen it with so many over the yrs.

mate atm i would play my granny in front of vickery  this week. i didnt pick post for vickery if you took the time to read you would have seen that.

the player i would like to see  take vickerys role forward is big ivan as the forward/ruck.  just lessening his work load and giving him a break of sorts.
post comes in as an extra tall forward as a  genuine kpf who can take a grab.

graham comes in as first ruck against a very young and inexperienced  gws ruck division. in effect this week having big ivan perform vickerys role,  and graham ivans.

way i see it.  big angus gets some reward for being among our best at coburg for weeks on end. surely we have to do this regardless of how we rate players.
ivan gets a lighter week and  and can be called upon if angus gets towelled up.
vickery gets the arse who can argue he shouldt be dropped on form.
post comes in and gives us a needed genuine kpf option to help out jack. if he does enough perhaps jack can have a light week as well. posts one game this yr gave more than vickery has given in any game.
i see nothing but wins by doing this.

finally why drop a maric? when are we going to give him a block of games and say mate just play, your position its safe for a couple of weeks. bloody hell we do it with every other player no wonder this bloke struggles in one week out the next sub one week out the next hes played some blinders at coburg give him a decent go and stop knocking any confidence he may have out of him. he players a role where he will stink or shine on any given day.

i for one am adamant that just vickery and riewoldt one of whom is  the second ruckman is a tall forward short. even if vickery played i would want another tall  ie post to come into the side.