Author Topic: Spear Tackle on Morris  (Read 8448 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Spear Tackle on Morris
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »
Dog act

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
Holding the ball was the correct decision against Morris, the spear tackle was after so not sure if it should be reversed.

That block head Walker should get weeks for that.

Yes its too late for that though, he should have been cited for his actions last week..... but of course no.... ::)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 08:16:27 PM »
In the radio commentary during the game they also mentioned Douglas could be in trouble for front on contact while a Tiger (can't remember who) had his head over the ball?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »
In the radio commentary during the game they also mentioned Douglas could be in trouble for front on contact while a Tiger (can't remember who) had his head over the ball?

Maybe the contact to Rance on the boundary near the interchange gates? Looked bad
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »

Maybe the contact to Rance on the boundary near the interchange gates? Looked bad

Nah not too much in that incident.

Walker should get a couple though

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
Brenton Sanderson says it was a 'fantastic' tackle and if wingnut Walker gets suspended there is something wrong with the game.....  :help
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 08:47:06 PM »
Brenton Sanderson says it was a 'fantastic' tackle and if wingnut Walker gets suspended there is something wrong with the game.....  :help

Wonder if Brenton would think that if Dangerfield or Thompson's head up in the turf while their legs were facing the sky
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »
ADELAIDE coach Brenton Sanderson has suggested it would be a blight on the game if forward Taylor Walker was suspended for his sling tackle on Richmond's Steven Morris.

Walker was awarded a free kick for the tackle, despite replays showing the former West Adelaide player was dumped on his head.

Morris escaped injury and jumped straight up to remonstrate with Walker; the ground softened by weeks of rain.

"I think we will wait and see what happens but just live, I thought [it was a] fantastic tackle," Sanderson said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/139984/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
Just seen it on the halftime report & thats worth 8 weeks l reckon.
Liked Morris reaction but l would have smacked that prick senceless  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »

That's the one WP. I didn't see it but the commentators at the time thought Douglas might be in trouble.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
I saw it too. It would be weeks in the NRL let alone in the AFL. Sanderson living in fairyland if he thought it was a fair tackle. Of course this is coming from a club that dobbed us (Kingy) in last year and then tried to pretend they didn't before being caught out  ::).

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:50 PM »
will get 3 weeks for that early plea

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »
I agree monky.

I can't beleive someone wasn't decked. Worst melee in history not even a proper shirt punch.  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 10:34:44 PM »
ADELAIDE coach Brenton Sanderson has suggested it would be a blight on the game if forward Taylor Walker was suspended for his sling tackle on Richmond's Steven Morris.

Walker was awarded a free kick for the tackle, despite replays showing the former West Adelaide player was dumped on his head.

Morris escaped injury and jumped straight up to remonstrate with Walker; the ground softened by weeks of rain.

"I think we will wait and see what happens but just live, I thought [it was a] fantastic tackle," Sanderson said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/139984/default.aspx

Oh yeah of course my player is going to get weeks but if we turn this into a debate on the right or wrong we'll then get all and sundry giving their two bobs worth and turning this into a farce and thus Walker getting off. Fast forward to an incident like this hapenning where someone from a minnow club does this and I bet the AFL need to follow and address community standards on the way the game should be played because the head and neck are sacrasanct and we are not in the business of injuring players. Skata bourthes matzoonia. ::)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 12:53:14 AM »
The decision was incorrect, was holding the ball but if you tackle incorrectly its not holding the ball, same as if you run someone down but ride their back into the ground or tackle high or sling the tackle.
Had no difference to result as Walker missed the goal anyway.

Walker will get a week, put your house on it. Was very very very lucky Morris wasn't injured, if Morris was concussed Walker would have been given a month off.

Otten got up and played last year and magically had concussion later. Maybe we can put a concussion report in for Morris.   :shh