Author Topic: Spear Tackle on Morris  (Read 8509 times)

Dubstep Dookie

dwaino

Re: Spear Tackle on Morris
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2012, 08:06:37 PM »
Yeah it's a ripper lol. :lol :lol :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
Hahaha love it Gerks
I love the payback

Karma bunnies. stuff em
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »
Nice holiday for walker
Can imagine him getting around the streets of adelaide in his xf falcon in his wife beater and moocies.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

tony_montana

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2012, 09:59:41 PM »
wow just wow at south aussies

dwaino

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2012, 10:12:53 PM »
Got FoxFooty still on in the background while I be a nerd and play some video games, and 360 has come on again and they're up to this topic again. ROFL'ing at the SA callers saying it's a Victorian AFL conspiracy to stop interstate teams winning a flag  :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 11:02:32 PM »
Crows to review Richmond medical report before making call on Taylor Walker's ban

Michelangelo Rucci
    July 02, 2012 7:46PM

ADELAIDE will decide Tuesday morning whether to challenge key forward Taylor Walker's four-game ban by questioning Richmond's medical report.

AFL match review panel chairman Mark Fraser says his group upgraded its report of Walker's sling tackle from "low" to "medium" impact on Richmond defender Steven Morris after reading the Tigers' medical report.

Fraser tonight described Walker's "initial tackle was fine".

"But Walker then lifts Morris in the air and that becomes the potential for a dangerous tackle," said Fraser.

"Taylor then continues in a dangerous fashion and dumps Morris to the ground head-first.

"We regard that conduct as reckless.

"There is high contact.

"And the medical report (from Richmond on Morris' condition) made us increase the loading."

Fraser said while Morris jumped up to remonstrate with Walker, the Tiger medicos' report shows that the defender did suffer from the tackle.

Adelaide football operations chief Phil Harper said the Crows tribunal counsel in Melbourne was tonight reviewing the report.

"We will make a decision (on accepting the penalty or a tribunal challenge) in the morning," said Harper.

The AFL also ruled field umpire Shane McInerney's decision to reward Walker with a free kick during the tackle was wrong.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/crows-to-review-richmond-medical-report-before-making-call-on-taylor-walkers-ban/story-e6frf9jf-1226415005612

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 11:08:25 PM »
Did he cop a 3 game ban or 4?

If they challenge it he will get 5 lol :lol
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2012, 02:35:51 AM »
Lol that our medical report got him extra weeks.  :gotigers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »
This whole concept that the penalty relates to damage or injury caused is totally stuffed.

What walker did can break someones neck and that in itself should bring a hefty penalty, regardless of injury actually caused.
They need to send amessage that this sort of thing is not acceptable, not that it is sort of acceptable, depending on the extent of injury it causes

These buffoons are butt clowns of the highest order
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
I agree Al.  Just because someone was lucky enough not to get injured this time should not dictate or have any impact on the penalty.  The whole idea of a penalty is to deter the player (and others) from doing the same thing in the future and thus prevent any chance of serious injury ever happening.  They should be penalised on the potential for maximum harm, not the actual damage caused.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 09:34:38 AM »

He can take 3 games with an early plea

If they challenge and he loses it becomes 4
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »

He can take 3 games with an early plea

If they challenge and he loses it becomes 4

Hope they don't challenge it.. I still have hopes of Geelong missing the 8 and if they are to miss then the Crows will need Walker to beat them at Kardinia in 4 weeks.

It's all about what's best for the RFC.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
Tiger's pain
By Paul Daffey
Tue 03 Jul, 2012

RICHMOND defender Steven Morris has revealed the extent of his injuries after Adelaide key forward Taylor Walker spear-tackled him during the last quarter of the Crows' victory at AAMI Stadium at the weekend.

Speaking at the announcement of his contract extension, Morris said he suffered neck stiffness and pain down the right hand side of his body after the tackle that dumped him on his shoulder.

"Taylor came up to me after the game and asked if I was OK and I appreciate that and life goes on," Morris said.

Morris had scans on Monday that cleared him of structural damage.

He hopes to train on Thursday to be given the all-clear for Richmond's match against Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday.

Morris went into the game against Adelaide coming off a shoulder injury that had forced him out of the Tigers' previous match, against Greater Western Sydney in round 12.

"I got through the game and hopefully the worst of that's gone by," Morris said.

Richmond's medical report on Morris prompted the Match Review Panel to rate Walker's conduct as reckless with medium impact.

Walker was offered a three-match sanction, which he accepted.

Walker was also suspended for two matches after round seven for a sling tackle on Geelong defender Harry Taylor. The 22-year-old was reprimanded after round five for making front-on contact to Port Adelaide defender Jacob Surjan.

"I was surprised I didn’t get the free kick at the time, but we all make mistakes and I'm looking forward to next week now," Morris said of the Walker spear-tackle.

Walker was paid a free kick for holding the ball.

Morris, 23, who was recruited from West Adelaide before this season, said he was excited by the extension of his contract by 12 months, taking him through to the end of 2014.

He said he's worked mainly on improving his composure since making his debut against Carlton in round one.

"Hopefully I can continue to improve," he said.

Morris - the son of dual Richmond premiership player Kevin Morris - is averaging 15 disposals per game this year.

Morris was speaking after a coaching clinic for schoolchildren at the Sir Henry Olney Oval in Yarra Bend.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140258/default.aspx

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
Bit hypocritical of Adelaide when they supplied medical reports which resulted in Jackson's 2 weeks suspension.