Author Topic: Changes next week for the Melbourne game?  (Read 18622 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes next week for the Melbourne game?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »

We still have that pathetic week minded thought process!!

Who are you talking about WAT - players, coaches or supporters?  Because I can mount much much more of a case for it being many of our supporters rather than the players or coaches.  Unreasonable expectations are a prime indicator of a weak minded thought process.

30 years smokey....30 stuffing years of watching insipid performances from week minded players. The pressure got to them, the crowd got to them, the lead thy had played on their minds......week, just week!

When the bloody hell after 30 years do YOU expect our week minded approach and playing style to change...Let's give them another 30 eh mate....ffs. Give me a break!

It's 30 years for us WAT but it's not 30 years for the coaches and players, they have only been living the 'dream' for a couple of years and in that time they have done a fantastic job already, turning around the biggest basket case of a list and club culture that the AFL has probably ever seen to a point where they have allowed us 30 year+ supporters to have these expectations.  The mistake many of our supporters are making is assuming or expecting that the success will come quickly and without setback because they compare our rebuild to that of other clubs who had a restart point so much further advanced that it is like comparing apples to oranges.

Gigantor

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »
one other thing i forgot...i think daniel connors is so unfit.watching him yesterday suck it in just confirmed this

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »
one other thing i forgot...i think daniel connors is so unfit.watching him yesterday suck it in just confirmed this

If only he hadn't consumed all that grog over the last couple of years!

Would be a gun footballer if it were the early 90's.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Gigantor

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
and if it was the 70s i reckon he would be all australian  and a triple brownlow medallist..My how times change.and if it was the 40s jack dyer would have taken out the back of Punt road and beaten the living suitcases out of him for his indescretions

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »

Who are you talking about WAT - players, coaches or supporters?  Because I can mount much much more of a case for it being many of our supporters rather than the players or coaches.  Unreasonable expectations are a prime indicator of a weak minded thought process.

30 years smokey....30 stuffing years of watching insipid performances from week minded players. The pressure got to them, the crowd got to them, the lead thy had played on their minds......week, just week!

When the bloody hell after 30 years do YOU expect our week minded approach and playing style to change...Let's give them another 30 eh mate....ffs. Give me a break!

It's 30 years for us WAT but it's not 30 years for the coaches and players, they have only been living the 'dream' for a couple of years and in that time they have done a fantastic job already, turning around the biggest basket case of a list and club culture that the AFL has probably ever seen to a point where they have allowed us 30 year+ supporters to have these expectations.  The mistake many of our supporters are making is assuming or expecting that the success will come quickly and without setback because they compare our rebuild to that of other clubs who had a restart point so much further advanced that it is like comparing apples to oranges.

I don't think our apples and oranges are any different to the Bombers, Hawks, Eagles, Crows etc... And they are a mile ahead of us because they believe in themselves.

Even North, the Dogs, Freo.....are mentally stronger than us with a better culture...

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »

Is it unreasonable to expect a win when you are 33points up? it unreasonable to believe you will win when you are kicking with a 3 goal breeze in the final quarter with a 14 day break behind you as opposed to your opponents short break?

That post TM encapsulates the mood. More questions than answers being raised. I haven't felt as hollow after a loss as I have felt for this one. WIth the others I could find something this one is just one of those losses we get every season that sticks a dagger into your heart.

But we must press on.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »

You sure the crowd got to them. Didn't hear much in the first quarter.

The day we replace blokes like Miller Connors gets a right foot or gets delisted.
Jako cleanly gets a ball and doesn't delay when he kicks it or gets delisted just to name a few.

As I said yesterday alot of other reasons why we lost but the one that started the chain of events that followed was Miller's about face and kick into traffic when dawdling into an open goal. Remove that and we might be posting something different today.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
Out: Hardwick

In: Malthouse/Roos

Back to the crap again torch.

Funny you haven't posted this poo in months.

Nice to see you out of hibernation.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »

If only he hadn't consumed all that grog over the last couple of years!

Would be a gun footballer if it were the early 90's.

If he had a right foot we might have won that game. Memo our seventh point late in the third.
He didn't need fitness if he had a right foot just stand there and kick it.

tony_montana

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »

Is it unreasonable to expect a win when you are 33points up? it unreasonable to believe you will win when you are kicking with a 3 goal breeze in the final quarter with a 14 day break behind you as opposed to your opponents short break?

No it's not but to judge our season and future under the current regime on that game is totally unreasonable, just like Geelong found out with Thompson when his team of kids was riding the same bumpy road our kids currently are.  And as far as the 14 day break goes, more sides coming off that break have lost rather than won so form says the break only helps after a game back.  At this stage of our renaissance, unreasonable expectations cause a desire to blame and sack everyone and everything in sight as soon as a result doesn't go our way - reasonable expectations allow for just how hard it is and long it takes to rebuild a complete AFL list from scratch, to teach every single player on that list how to play and win, and consequently understand that the losses, while they might be galling and frustrating, are also necessary and unavoidable.  Reasonable expectations will allow you to sleep a lot easier at night too.   ;D

That's the thing smokey, I'm not judging on that game only, I'm judging on 6 losses this season which in essence have been eerily similar. Of course you can't win them all, but by the same token you shouldn't lose them all. A young developing side should show an inclination to learn and get better from it, we have shown we are not learning as we continue to lose in the same fashion.

We have built a competitive list, we have shown we are no longer an uncompetitive afl side probably quicker than I thought tbh, however there's a difference between being competitive and losing honorably vs literally choking and throwing away wins.

I mentioned somewhere else that the losses against Geelong, wce, freo and yesterday were unacceptable. We lost in close ones against the bombers, Carl and pies as well but those losses i can accept. Geelong we had the wind and the lead, wce were playing with no bench and had a witches hat out on field in the final qtr, yet we still couldn't get over the line, against freo in melbourne u should never lose end of story and u shouldn't lose games when you are so dominant and up by 6 goals like yesterday, not to mention have the breeze. Thats what I am now judging this team on, they are chokers and have thrown away a golden opportunity to play finals football in 2012 and I'm stuffing peeed  ;D

the claw

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »

here here well said the current journey was never going to be a three yr journey more like an 8 yr one to get the ultimate prize.

with nothing else involved at all,  lets say we turned over 10 players every yr for 5 yrs.  if we found 6 players each yr that would be a fantastic result. thats 5 yrs to find 30 players and that is at an accelerated pace. it doesnt even take into account the time it takes to develop injuries retirements and any set back you may have ie go home factors attitude etc. it also ignores compromised drafts and massive concessions to new teams.

hardwick has about 15 players left from the wallace days and i can tell ya it is highly likely in the short term at least half of them will not be there. the rebuild is a massive task when coming from such a low base and quite frankly 5 yrs is not long enougfh.

we are on the right path but it is still only early days imo.

at the end of this yr with a reasonable base of sorts a new 5 yr plan to win a gf would be reasonable that may mean no finals for two yrs.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
8 stuffing years, are you kidding Claw...8 years, OMFG...this is the sort of typical Tiger supporter rubbish that I can't believe. Bloody hell...8 years...?????

Why can other teams turn it around in under 3 years but we need 8..... Geezus stuffing Geez!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
Claw is speaking poo and I don't even need to read his post. 8 years, what a wank. We'll play finals next year. Maybe even this year. We should win our next 3 games with ease. Over to you, Damien and players.

Gigantor

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
if WW2 can be fought and won in 6 years,surely it shouldnt take a football club 8 years to rebuild...i reckon 3 years is enough rebuilding after that youd want to see results(finals) and pronto too

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »
Claw is speaking poo and I don't even need to read his post. 8 years, what a wank. We'll play finals next year. Maybe even this year. We should win our next 3 games with ease. Over to you, Damien and players.

Loving your work today Coach, you old freak.