Author Topic: Changes next week for the Melbourne game?  (Read 18610 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Changes next week for the Melbourne game?
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »
Am just warming up Cocky, you little bastard.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »

That's the thing smokey, I'm not judging on that game only, I'm judging on 6 losses this season which in essence have been eerily similar. Of course you can't win them all, but by the same token you shouldn't lose them all. A young developing side should show an inclination to learn and get better from it, we have shown we are not learning as we continue to lose in the same fashion.

I would counter that by saying we are learning, that in seasons past we would have thrown the towel in after losing a couple that way and gone on to lose the next couple by heaps.  Not one blowout this year and a much better win loss ratio and percentage to R14 (after a much harder draw) - we are learning heaps but the proof of that will not be immediate.

We have built a competitive list, we have shown we are no longer an uncompetitive afl side probably quicker than I thought tbh, however there's a difference between being competitive and losing honorably vs literally choking and throwing away wins.

I mentioned somewhere else that the losses against Geelong, wce, freo and yesterday were unacceptable. We lost in close ones against the bombers, Carl and pies as well but those losses i can accept. Geelong we had the wind and the lead, wce were playing with no bench and had a witches hat out on field in the final qtr, yet we still couldn't get over the line, against freo in melbourne u should never lose end of story and u shouldn't lose games when you are so dominant and up by 6 goals like yesterday, not to mention have the breeze. Thats what I am now judging this team on, they are chokers and have thrown away a golden opportunity to play finals football in 2012 and I'm stuffing peeed  ;D

They are not chokers, they are kids learning what is required to win regularly at senior AFL level.  There is a huge difference but it suits the agenda of some to disregard where we have come from and what we have had to do in order to just get where we are today.  None of us accept losses but for this season I'm tolerant of the fact that we will have them and the fact that we are having the type of losses we are makes me very confident that we're on the right path.  Teaching our kids to not "choke" will prove to be the easiest task for the coaches to do - the hard yards and basics are in getting them to that point and look at us after only 2 and a half seasons since the lowest point a modern day AFL club has ever sunk to - we are already almost there!  And they haven't thrown away a golden opportunity to play finals football in 2012 - we are still very very much in that race but even if we don't make it this year there is no harm done to the team, only to the supporters who are struggling with the concept of how much is required to succeed in our rebuild.  Not the Hawthorn rebuild, not the Essendon rebuild, not the West Coast rebuild but the Richmond rebuild, the one that no team has ever had to do in the history of the AFL.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »

I don't think our apples and oranges are any different to the Bombers, Hawks, Eagles, Crows etc... And they are a mile ahead of us because they believe in themselves.

Even North, the Dogs, Freo.....are mentally stronger than us with a better culture...

Disagree.  They are slightly ahead of us because they have a better balance of age, strength and experience.  We beat Hawthorn and led all the others into the last quarter - that doesn't scream "mile ahead of us" to me.

And really WAT, North, Dogs and Freo are mentally stronger than us?  That comment makes me laugh to be honest - how mentally strong were the Bulldogs in R3 when they lost to St Kilda by 63 points, or R10 when they lost to the Swans by 92 points, or R13 when they lost to Brisbane by 58 points, or R14 when they lost to Essendon by 86 points?  How mentally strong were North in R8 when they lost to Port by 2 points after leading by 27 points in the last quarter, or R13 when they lost to Hawthorn by 115 points?  How mentally strong were Freo in R2 when they let the Swans get 45 points in front before failing to catch them, or R5 when they let Carlton get 30 points in front before failing to catch them, or R8 when they lost to Hawthorn by 56 points, or R9 when they lost to West Coast by 48 points, or R10 when they lost to Adelaide by 29 points after leading by 3 points in the last quarter (gee, that game has a sense of deja vu about it), or R13 when they lost to Essendon by 24 points after leading at 3/4 time?  Really WAT?  Mentally stronger than us?  Give me a break.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
Eight posts on a foot ground are plenty
Bye Jayden
The last of Terry's little pussies
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

tony_montana

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2012, 11:10:46 PM »

That's the thing smokey, I'm not judging on that game only, I'm judging on 6 losses this season which in essence have been eerily similar. Of course you can't win them all, but by the same token you shouldn't lose them all. A young developing side should show an inclination to learn and get better from it, we have shown we are not learning as we continue to lose in the same fashion.

I would counter that by saying we are learning, that in seasons past we would have thrown the towel in after losing a couple that way and gone on to lose the next couple by heaps.  Not one blowout this year and a much better win loss ratio and percentage to R14 (after a much harder draw) - we are learning heaps but the proof of that will not be immediate.

We have built a competitive list, we have shown we are no longer an uncompetitive afl side probably quicker than I thought tbh, however there's a difference between being competitive and losing honorably vs literally choking and throwing away wins.

I mentioned somewhere else that the losses against Geelong, wce, freo and yesterday were unacceptable. We lost in close ones against the bombers, Carl and pies as well but those losses i can accept. Geelong we had the wind and the lead, wce were playing with no bench and had a witches hat out on field in the final qtr, yet we still couldn't get over the line, against freo in melbourne u should never lose end of story and u shouldn't lose games when you are so dominant and up by 6 goals like yesterday, not to mention have the breeze. Thats what I am now judging this team on, they are chokers and have thrown away a golden opportunity to play finals football in 2012 and I'm stuffing peeed  ;D

They are not chokers, they are kids learning what is required to win regularly at senior AFL level.  There is a huge difference but it suits the agenda of some to disregard where we have come from and what we have had to do in order to just get where we are today.  None of us accept losses but for this season I'm tolerant of the fact that we will have them and the fact that we are having the type of losses we are makes me very confident that we're on the right path.  Teaching our kids to not "choke" will prove to be the easiest task for the coaches to do - the hard yards and basics are in getting them to that point and look at us after only 2 and a half seasons since the lowest point a modern day AFL club has ever sunk to - we are already almost there!  And they haven't thrown away a golden opportunity to play finals football in 2012 - we are still very very much in that race but even if we don't make it this year there is no harm done to the team, only to the supporters who are struggling with the concept of how much is required to succeed in our rebuild.  Not the Hawthorn rebuild, not the Essendon rebuild, not the West Coast rebuild but the Richmond rebuild, the one that no team has ever had to do in the history of the AFL.

We'll agree to disagree then.

I agree we have come from a ridiculously long way back and I commend the club on that but that is now inconsequential, what matters is the now and right now we have shown we are good enough to be in the 8 and have simply blown it. Forget next year and the one after, I'm talking now, too many things can go wrong in any given season to plan meticulously for a specific year, when chances come u must take them, look at the hawks when they pinched it in 2008, the crows in 1997.

I have said several times now several of those losses you couldn't have scripted it better for us to win it, each and every time we didn't have the mental fortitude to go on with it. I personally think that's a clear indication of mental weakness in the group.

the claw

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
b/ morris - rance - grimes
hb/ dea - griffiths newman.
c/ grigg - tuck - deledio
hf/ ohanlon - riewoldt - martin
f/ edwards - elton - i maric.
r/ graham - cotchin - foley
int/ conca - jackson - ellis - houli/connors.

ins ohanlon, foley, conca, graham
outs/  miller, king, nahas, one of houli/connors.

ohanlon for king. foley for nahas. conca for either houli or connors, graham for miller.

the claw

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 12:26:30 AM »
8 stuffing years, are you kidding Claw...8 years, OMFG...this is the sort of typical Tiger supporter rubbish that I can't believe. Bloody hell...8 years...?????

Why can other teams turn it around in under 3 years but we need 8..... Geezus stuffing Geez!
took geelong 7 and thats from a much better base. took hawthorn 7 and some say they were lucky.
carlton have been going for 10 yrs and still dont look like winning one. it took collingwood 7 yrs and that was coming from a gf base in 03. 7 or 8 yrs to win a gf is very realistic.  it is realistic that we may not make finals until hardwicks 5th yr. its all damn realistic if we go by what other sides have done and where they had to come from.wce won it in 06 if they dont make it this yr it will mean at least 7yrs to make another one and thats with a shedload of premiership players still in their side.

look we may make finals this yr we may not. but who in his right mind thinks finals are a monty this yr or next yr when all the kpis are considered.

8 yrs to go from a side in 09 compared to fitzroy at its worst or was that 2010 to a premiership turning over probably 95% of your list in the first 5 yrs yes 8 yrs is totally realistic.
it is very realistic that we may not make the 8 next yr that would mean we wait to hardwicks 5th yr to make it.
im not saying its impossible to make finals next yr or even this yr but even if we do make them the kpis wont change. only time and development will allow them to change along with good recruiting.

you asked for a time frame to success imo i gave you a realistic one basedon  our list and where we are coming from and importantly based on how long other sides have taken and where they had to come from.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »
Out: Hardwick

In: Malthouse/Roos

Back to the crap again torch.

Funny you haven't posted this poo in months.

Nice to see you out of hibernation.

Back to the crap like Richmond.

Nope, still do.

Was starting to slightly believe our coach might have a game plan after the St Kilda match, then the Fremantle match brought us back to this "crap" ...

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
With King and Jacko out it would seem that the likes of Nahas and Miller will survive one more week. White will surely have to come in as will Conca.

Does anyone know what good there was in Conca being the travelling emergency? If he was out of form then surely a run in the magoos would have been the trick as opposed to a plane trip?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
Well with Jackson, Foley and King out our lack of depth will show, don't take too much out of a win against the Dees.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if we lose...and get ready for McGuane!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
McG
...and get ready for McGuane!!

What, is he water boy this week?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
McG[quote

author=PNGQ Tiger link=topic=15953.msg310429#msg310429 date=1341217552]

[/quote]

Could he do any worse than the poo we endured on the weekend??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »
McG[quote

author=PNGQ Tiger link=topic=15953.msg310429#msg310429 date=1341217552]

[/quote]

Probably ;D But in all seriousness, would take him over Miller.

gerkin greg

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »

A lot worse. Show some respect. McG  :cheers

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
In: Post, Foley, Conca
Out: Miller, King, Jackson