Author Topic: Vickery out for season / Grimes out for a month (afl site)  (Read 11478 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Vickery out for season / Grimes out for a month (afl site)
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »
Has jack apologised yet publicly to him for bagging an injured kid who was trying to give his best whilst injured?

So whats your point.
players are soft these days.
Remember Francis Bourke playing with a broken leg.
Jeff Hogg when Captain played with a broken Eye Socket held together with a plate one week after it happned.
What its worth, have watched training many times this year. Watched Vickery, he is soft !
Every player plays with injuries, run out on match day
there are NO EXCUSES

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »
Morris has a similiar issue all season
'He pushes through the pain
Hasnt stopped him charging into packs

the claw

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »
Morris has a similiar issue all season
'He pushes through the pain
Hasnt stopped him charging into packs
i agree on the soft issues. its not as if its only been this yr that vickery has played scared.

we are very much in development yet we play a bloke for half a yr  who clearly cant cope with injuries instead of trying someone else. if anyone should apologise its the club for slowing up another players development.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »
piffle but hey it makes for
great reading to lets all
get on board and bag our player. :lol

dwaino

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:44 PM »
Duds delist.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »
Has jack apologised yet publicly to him for bagging an injured kid who was trying to give his best whilst injured?

So whats your point.
Jeff Hogg when Captain played with a broken Eye Socket held together with a plate one week after it happned.
What its worth, have watched training many times this year. Watched Vickery, he is soft !
there are NO EXCUSES

You were quiet in 2011 when he was injury free and kickn butt

the claw

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »
piffle but hey it makes for
great reading to lets all
get on board and bag our player. :lol
not bagging him at all just pointing out what has gone on. even last yr the  so called yr that made him a good player he was pulling out of contests. i know a few real good judges of players who have written him off as a ruckman. some of his rucking efforts have been down right disgraceful.

i have three key criticisms of him and they are not just from this yr. just my opinion but 36 goals hid a lot of cracks in his game last yr.
i will continue to criticise him not bag. especially the weak efforts the lack of work rate the lack of contested marks even last yr, the lack of physicality both with ball and without.

this bloke kicks a few goals in a season and everyone proclaims him a top notch afl player. well jack kicks lots of goals every yr and he is poo at times. the bottom line is they both have areas of their games that must be improved upon.
 stating what one thinks they are poor at  is not bagging but merely being critical of aspects of their games. i dont see any writing him off or demanding he be cut from the list. i dont see anyone saying he has no talent.  good on jack for sticking to his guns hes not the only one who has been critical of the soft issues.

if we are to look for blame for the situation vickery is now in surely the club has to take some heat for it. i mean to say vickery wasnt just poor for half of this yr he was bloody awful.
it is a reasonable question to ask why did they persevere with him for so long.  why not try someone else other than for those in charge a badly out of form riewoldt an even more out of form vickery and to top it off a very ordinary miller.one or two of us was asking for him to be dropped way back at about rnd 3 for  a youinger guy or a change to the structure. to me its been an opportunity lost to get games into a player or find out a bit more about others.

if calling a player who is clearly soft soft, is bagging him then i put my hand up. 

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »
no one cares about your ramblings dude

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »

So whats your point.
there are NO EXCUSES

You have this wrong Chucky. Jack has had it in for Vickery since the second he got drafted and has been a consistent critic of his since. From memory, Jack is a believer that if his father was not a conditioning coach; he would not have been drafted by us. So, in short, Ty never stood a chance.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »

So whats your point.
there are NO EXCUSES

You have this wrong Chucky. Jack has had it in for Vickery since the second he got drafted and has been a consistent critic of his since. From memory, Jack is a believer that if his father was not a conditioning coach; he would not have been drafted by us. So, in short, Ty never stood a chance.

Fair enough so he was just waiting for him to fail/get injured

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 06:17:53 AM »

So whats your point.
there are NO EXCUSES

All I said was this
I watched Ty at TAC level
By memory he missed alot of footy through injury .knee I think
On what I seen at the time .i would not of picked him up
End of story
And yes.i think he is very soft !
Thought the same as Patto as well and where is he these days ?
Some of you are too easily pleased

Ruanaidh

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 06:40:39 AM »
Ty is not an Ivan Maric or a Jonathon Brown, so in that respect Vickery is softer than your garden variety Ruckman or Key Forward. I can't see anything wrong in saying that.....but he shouldn't be written off and he can still play a role ala 2011. So in effect no-one in this conversation should take the 'high ground'.   

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »
Why play a marking forward with a shoulder injury? Obviously effected his marking and performance. Now it effects the team even further. Would have rather seen another player in his spot rather than wait until round 13/14 before they make decision to pack him up for the year. Not sure about this decision and whether it was player or club driven.

Really bad news about Grimes - has the sort of guts and determination that heralds the new tiger spirit! Really hope this kid gets back and his hammy problems are resolved!

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »
Still very young for ruckman. Most big blokes dont hit their straps until around 23.
I still think Ty will be a good player for us.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »
Why play a marking forward with a shoulder injury? Obviously effected his marking and performance. Now it effects the team even further. Would have rather seen another player in his spot rather than wait until round 13/14 before they make decision to pack him up for the year. Not sure about this decision and whether it was player or club driven.

Why because we had no alternative, FFS no club respects Miller and Griff hasn't made it as a CHF.

Ty's rep from last year even if he is doing nothing is better at taking heat off Jack than Miller