Author Topic: Tigers could climb into the 8 at Geelongs expense  (Read 4741 times)

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
Re: Tigers could climb into the 8 at Geelongs expense
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
We'llbe there just be prepared to change your underwear
Eat em up tigers
Tabouli was back to her best this week which is a big positive
 :bow :bow :bow
Tabouli dimSim and dusty at the punt rd prayer rooms
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
Geelong have Collingwood and  Essendon in the next few weeks they'll sit 9-5.
But their fixture will remain difficult.

Same with Essendon have, Geelong, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Collingwood, Carlton

St. Kilda are 7-7 as are Carlton, Us , Nought and Freo should get there today.

Given sides above us just like we have 8 point games coming up the focus remains to keep winning as their may be up to 3 spots in the 8 up for grabs later in the season from position 6-8.

I'm making a call and saying Essendon will finish 8th or miss out. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
I'm with you
A lot of hope bc I want to see Essendon supporters suffer after the knifing of Knights
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »
At the moment there are 2 spots in the 8 up for grabs with 6 teams a realistic chance - Geelong, Carlton, St Kilda, Richmond, North and Fremantle.  In a tight finish like this percentage will play a big role and that would seem to eliminate North and Fremantle, and given the draw Geelong, Carlton and St Kilda have much harder runs home than us so a spot in the finals is really ours to lose as I see it.

:clapping This is true which is why I don't understand why some posters have given up at this stage of the season.
Not given up just don't see the point in getting excited......again

Seen it too many times with this club, and the

Let's talk when we make finals. I don't deal with maybe and probables.

This easy draw vrs tough draw is a load of poo. Every game is 50/50 for us apart from GC and Port.

Il get excited if we beat the blues and bombers in front of 90k booking a spot in the 8, thus denying them. Until then our season is barely hanging on

Can't argue with that Daniel but while the season is alive you keep  :pray ing for the side to keep playing solid consistent football. TBH, if we played at the intensity of the opening 10 rounds and kicked straight we are more than a flukers chance. But to your point, ifs, buts, maybes.....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »
Essendon are try hards.

Still trying to be Richmond.

Their so jelly of our club and supporters.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »
Hawthorn is a certain win to Geelong.  :shh

the claw

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »
loss
  carlton. they should be close to full strength in a couple of weeks. they have had our measure no matter the circumstance.

win
 gc. they are in terrible form but in saying that we lost to them  last yr its away and ano monty.
wb struggling side but regardless have kicked our arses the last two meetings.

50/50 
nm, have been close games in recent yrs won one eacah last yr. will be very close and we will need our best to win.
 bl, both games last yr were tight we cop them in brisbane and probably with less injuries than lat yr. will be tough and again we had better turn up with our best footy.
 fr, at subi  travel and ross lyon who will choke us to death makes this very tough. need to be at full strenth to have a realistic chance and play at our best.
ess, have beaten us when injuries have not greatly affected them  we have had close games in recent times.  atm my money would be on ess. again drop away just a bit and we will be gonski.
 pa. beat us  last yr  we got one back on them earlier in the yr when they were worse than most teams. at the g we should win this  but it aint no ceretainty.

the one must in all this to have any real chance of making the 8 injuries must be a minimum.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »

win
 gc. they are in terrible form but in saying that we lost to them  last yr its away and ano monty.

You clearly didnt watch them today then! If they play like that next week we will get flogged...

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »
my fear is that the club announce that foley is also out for the season....hope I'm wrong

well they had the opportunity
last week but with all the
other poo going down had to hold it
back perhaps. :pray

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
Hahaha......you guys......making the 8 now.....even if we do we we fold...mentally weak!

So now after all your posts via your "No Excuses" thread that we had to make finals as they were NO EXCUSES you are now saying that even if we were to make finals then that wouldn't be good enough  :huh

Or are you saying something else again even though that appears to be what you've said  ;D

:rollin :rollin :rollin

OH and BTW that isn't a "cheap shot" as you call 'em it's just a question because to be honest I really haven't got a clue now what it is you expect now outside a premiership of course  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 11:34:04 AM »

win

You clearly didnt watch them today then! If they play like that next week we will get flogged...
you could be right play as poorly as we did against melbourne and we will get our pants pulled down.
 but they are a side that has not won a game all yr there has to be some stage when we can go into a game genuinely as clear favorite and as such expected to win. if we cant pencil this one in there are none we can pencil in.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »
We didn't play poorly at all on the weekend? We kicked for goal poorly but dominated general play. If we could have hit them on the scoreboard it would have easily been a 100 point win. Make the most of our scoring opertunitys this weekend and it to could easily be a 100 point win But the thing is we pencil the game in now before we even get there we loose....Fact. It's mental, I don't care what anyone says but if you go in with the mind set its going to be easy we will get our pants pulled down, remember last year :whistle

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
Hahaha......you guys......making the 8 now.....even if we do we we fold...mentally weak!

So now after all your posts via your "No Excuses" thread that we had to make finals as they were NO EXCUSES you are now saying that even if we were to make finals then that wouldn't be good enough  :huh

Or are you saying something else aTgain even though that appears to be what you've said  ;D

OH and BTW that isn't a "cheap shot" as you call 'em it's just a question because to be honest I really haven't got a clue now what it is you expect now outside a premiership of course  :thumbsup

Not much to say WP, you are always right mate ;)

what are your excuses WP for losing to the Crows or losing the games this year that should have us in the 8?

Let me guess, youth, development....weather, travel......
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »

Or are you saying something else aTgain even though that appears to be what you've said  ;D

what are your excuses WP for losing to the Crows or losing the games this year that should have us in the 8?

Weather.....3 wet games in a row took its toll....Fact.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »

So WATPNGQT, under what circumstances can a developing, young list actually lose a game of football?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.