Author Topic: Improvement? Wat improvement FFS  (Read 11564 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Improvement? Wat improvement FFS
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »
poo I tell you what, you lot are like pack of rabid dogs aren't you when someone has a different opinion, gang up, just because I believe that the players have let themselves and me as a paying member down again, .....bored of this poo!!!

I'll ask you this. Have you seen no improvement this year whatsoever or so very little that its token and not developmental given the state of our list.? Hence you made a comment that Melbourne would overtake us next year or that our loss to Adelaide last week was worse than the Wallace era? Ask yourself those questions. Seriously ask them.

You are more than entitled to your opinion as we all are. Whilst I don't agree with you there is no name calling from me just a stance on where I sit on a certain topic and how I see things progressing. Just ask yourself the aformentioned questions from the previous paragraph and if you think that we are going nowhere then that's fine I'll leave it at that. :thumbsup

Il answer this as i tend to agree with WAT most times.

Where has imporvement come from?

Edwards without a doubt
Rance see above
Grimes
Maric
Grigg
Not getting pumped
Tuck
Connors gone
Martin dumped for 2 weeks

I wont include Lids and Cotch as they are token guns. Having 50,000 can be celebrated also

Where there are positives, there are also negatives.

Jack R
Forward line. Struggling big time
Jackson
Fremantle Game

The problem IMO is that it seems we have improved in a few different areas, which we have, we still sit in 10th spot and a chance to finish pretty close to where we finished last year.

Stats dont lie and in a few years you look back on results/ladder not individual improvements etc etc

You have to take your chances when they present.

We have matched it with sides in the 8, therefore there should be no excuses not to make the 8. Its as simple as that!!!

Anything less is a sub par year for me.

That's a pretty logical post Daniel! Less than the 8 for me is below par.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2012, 09:51:55 PM »
poo I tell you what, you lot are like pack of rabid dogs aren't you when someone has a different opinion, gang up, just because I believe that the players have let themselves and me as a paying member down again, .....bored of this poo!!!

I'll ask you this. Have you seen no improvement this year whatsoever or so very little that its token and not developmental given the state of our list.? Hence you made a comment that Melbourne would overtake us next year or that our loss to Adelaide last week was worse than the Wallace era? Ask yourself those questions. Seriously ask them.

You are more than entitled to your opinion as we all are. Whilst I don't agree with you there is no name calling from me just a stance on where I sit on a certain topic and how I see things progressing. Just ask yourself the aformentioned questions from the previous paragraph and if you think that we are going nowhere then that's fine I'll leave it at that. :thumbsup

Il answer this as i tend to agree with WAT most times.

Where has imporvement come from?

Edwards without a doubt
Rance see above
Grimes
Maric
Grigg
Not getting pumped
Tuck
Connors gone
Martin dumped for 2 weeks

I wont include Lids and Cotch as they are token guns. Having 50,000 can be celebrated also

Where there are positives, there are also negatives.

Jack R
Forward line. Struggling big time
Jackson
Fremantle Game

The problem IMO is that it seems we have improved in a few different areas, which we have, we still sit in 10th spot and a chance to finish pretty close to where we finished last year.

Stats dont lie and in a few years you look back on results/ladder not individual improvements etc etc

You have to take your chances when they present.

We have matched it with sides in the 8, therefore there should be no excuses not to make the 8. Its as simple as that!!!

Anything less is a sub par year for me.

Good post Daniel.
In my opinion I believe the inconsistency of players comes with there age and maturity. The lack of senior players in the side is hurting us more than most believe. We still have a little way to go to get that core group to the age we need them but when that group of players all do click at once I can see us being up for along time :shh

gerkin greg

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »
How come you can throw the toys out of the cot and others can't?

I will let you have the final say.

Usually but not this time

:lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »

Yep below par, thats what i meant.

We have had our chances this year and the thing is if we cop a Fremantle Injury 2010 crisis, then what??

Finals gone for another year so then it becomes 2014.

This is our best chance to make the 8.

We have beaten Hawks, Swans, Saints(currently in the 8) and got within 2 goals of Crows, Eagles and Cats yet people think its a development year. hahahaha

Give me a spell.

edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:02:02 PM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
We have beaten Hawks, Swans, Saints(currently in the 8) and got within 2 goals of Crows, Eagles and Cats yet people think its a development year. hahahaha

Give me a spell.

And some people think we haven't improved at all and have already binned the season. Hahahahaha

Give me a spell

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »
You say we don't deserve to get into the 8?

Given Nought we're beaten by 20 goals 5 weeks ago do they?
Carlton have lost 6 of their last 8 and have gone from premiership favourites to almost mothballs do they deserve to make it?
Freo can't kick a score above 100 and play awful footy. Have only beaten Geelong and St Kilda who are in the top 8 currently and St KIlda's hold and Geelong's over the next few weeks will be fragile at best. Do they?
Richmond At least we have been consistent and whilst we are not playing the footy we were 5 weeks ago we at least have been consistent this year.

However the season is long and it has many peaks and troughs and whilst we are in a trough right now playing wise we fortunantely are playing some lesser qualified sides which means we are still winning. We went through the same patch last year struggling for 5 -6 weeks where we lost to Gold Coast and Essendon squandering a big lead that night too and Melbourne who five weeks after they beat us lost by 186 points to Geelong and have not looked forward since.

What I am trying to say is the fortunes of sides fluctuate from week to week but if you can still maintain a certain level of consistency and performance and not deviate from the plan you set out with at the start and don't compromise your stance by taking short cuts you will achieve your goal. Of course you will find forks in the road some self inflicted and some are placed their by opponents but dealing with the issues in a rational calm and mature way as we did last week with the petulant two is just part of learning growing up and dealing with problem. Whilst it isn't rosy at the top it isn't rosy in the middle on the way up or down or on the bottom.

Crucially we won on Saturday albeit in an ugly way and given the distraction and self inflicted wounds we gave ourselves the end result whilst not what we may have planned this time last week was ultimately what we were after by the Friday and that was the four points given the changes we had to deal with. That in itself shows maturity and a kind of strength which under past regimes we would not have seen and the excuses will have piled up. Winning under duress sometimes regardless of the quality of the opponent can sometimes be more important than winning when things are going all your own way and what that teaches is hardness courage and an ability to face your opponent regardless of the obstacles and go out there and get a job done something we have failed at consistently in the past 30 years.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2012, 09:59:57 PM »
Every year is a development year until our list has age, depth and maturity. Until the we just have to suck it up and put up with the performance we put out. Bot only the blind and those with NFI can't see we are on the cusp of greatness, I'll be there for the ride while all you chicken littles are still hiding in your caves looking fore something to whinge about :lol :lol O'h did you hear the sky was falling :sleep :sleep

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2012, 10:00:20 PM »

Yep below par, thats what i meant.

We have had our chances this year and the thing is if we cop a Fremantle Injury 2010 crisis, then what??

Finals gone for another year so then it becomes 2014.

This is our best chance to make the 8.

Give me a spell.

Spot on mate on that's why I get so annoyed when we drop games like the Crows

edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:03:59 PM by WilliamPowell »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »

Yep, dropping games we were never supposed to win has derailed our season. We should look at trading Delideo, Cotch and Jack at seasons end, the club has nothing to gain from playing these players anymore :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »

Yep, dropping games we were never supposed to win has derailed our season. We should look at trading Delideo, Cotch and Jack at seasons end, the club has nothing to gain from playing these players anymore :lol

Why weren't we supposed to win?????

"Rucks:

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »
so many with sybil disorders. :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »
the funny thing is, wat moans like bitch about being crap for 30 years, then turns around and says that we are coming from a higher base than clubs that have won more premierships in that time than we have played games in the finals.

just wave the magic want and everything will be better :lol

Veruca WAnTs it, and WAnTs it now!!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2012, 10:20:10 PM »
the funny thing is, wat moans like bitch about being crap for 30 years, then turns around and says that we are coming from a higher base than clubs that have won more premierships in that time than we have played games in the finals.

just wave the magic want and everything will be better :lol

Veruca WAnTs it, and WAnTs it now!!

club was a basket case in so many ways but hey presto
rocky watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat. :lol

oh gotta love the emotion of some..
as long as they arent dosed up. :gobdrop

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

Why weren't we supposed to win?????

Because  it was 5th v's 10th they were $1.42 favorites, The game was played on there turf where they have won every game his year. Anything else?

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »
C'mon people now
smile on your brother
everybody get together
try to love one another right now, right now

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing