Author Topic: Improvement? Wat improvement FFS  (Read 11572 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Improvement? Wat improvement FFS
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
poo I tell you what, you lot are like pack of rabid dogs aren't you when someone has a different opinion, gang up, just because I believe that the players have let themselves and me as a paying member down again, .....bored of this poo!!!

I'll ask you this. Have you seen no improvement this year whatsoever or so very little that its token and not developmental given the state of our list.? Hence you made a comment that Melbourne would overtake us next year or that our loss to Adelaide last week was worse than the Wallace era? Ask yourself those questions. Seriously ask them.

You are more than entitled to your opinion as we all are. Whilst I don't agree with you there is no name calling from me just a stance on where I sit on a certain topic and how I see things progressing. Just ask yourself the aformentioned questions from the previous paragraph and if you think that we are going nowhere then that's fine I'll leave it at that. :thumbsup

I have seen the improvement this year, last year, the year before, the year before......etc....we have been improving all the time apparently.

Our loss to the Crows lat week was IMO worse than the loss to the Swans when Morton stuffed up.

Ansewer me this when are we going to improve to get get into finals and stay in the 8..... When, because the improvement cards been played over and over and over....

That was against Port by the way.
If we make it this year we'll be there for a while to come.
We'll make it next year and the world is our oyster.
The rebuild undertaken has not been done before by this club at this huge length and admin and board of this club has shown the faith in this project and the success of it since the 70's when we were the best club. GIven where we are and where we have come from and how the club has invested I'm willing to stick it out as I believe in regardless of how long it's been.

For the record I was not a supporter of Wallace after a point and I expressed my opinion and concern in the direction he and Miller were taking us. I was proved right and my concerns we're expressed as early as 2007 before our capitulation to Geelong in round 6 as I felt our boys were bereft of confidence in the game plan and their skill level was so poor that any plan was rendered useless plus our players we weak hardly tackled shephered and did any of the one %.

At least with Dimma whilst we still have a long way to go as there are holes in our list the fundamentals he has instilled were not present in the 5 years Wallace coached such as playing for your teammate, one percenters, the players are bulking up, there are proper fitness regimes the club has a wonderful new facility there are more recruiters coaches and the game plan is one that can stand up to the rigors of the season. The consistency and the never say die attitude we have seen this year we have not seen for ages I'd say since 1996 where our losses were narrow all but one or 2 and when we won we did so with some sort of style hence our % was one of the best in the league and considering we have only had narrow wins against the minnows it is not reflective on our % which is really an indication of whether we won or lost against the elite sides. Remember at the start of the year no blowouts. We have been in the game in every game this season in the final quarter. Can you remember the last time that hapenned at this stage of the year.

We are on the right track mentally, physically and from a developmental and practical way on the footy field. Make no mistake we are on our way.

gerkin greg

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »
Crows and Bombers didn't need a rebuild they just sacked their coaches mid contract. They don't accept mediocrity.

Have faith WAT, Dimma doesn't have long left  :pray

Will back Dimma to the end mate, same as I have every coach, players need to pay te way he wants them too and quite a few aren't, they are just cruising..

Agree the list isn't quite good enough and more development is required with another clean out

Wait, wot? That's an excuse endless bloody rebuilds  :banghead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »
I laughed Shane Tuckerbag. Quality rant. :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2012, 09:10:42 PM »
Thanks for the chat TB, not much point continuing when certain individuals can only contribute with their usual sarcasm.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
How come you can throw the toys out of the cot and others can't?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »

Thats all your posts ever are though Gerks, smart arse comments, just about every post, very rarely do you actually comment on anything else relevant other than quoting other posters posts in a smart manner.

A jokes a joke but that's all you seem to do....anyway I will let you have the final say....you usually do! Cheers!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2012, 09:27:59 PM »
You saw improvement in 2009? Terry?

3 years ago and we are still out of the 8????? How much longer do we blame Wallace for??

Don't see them blaming Knights at the Bombers or Craig at the Crows....they ave both leapfrogged us in less time!

The list at Adelaide bar a few players is the one that made the 8 in 2009. Neil Craig lost the players given he was there for 7 years. They have not rebuilt to the extent we have had to strip back our list.

Essendon again is in the same scenario as Adelaide albeit with a much poorer record and they fell into the 8 yet the backstabbing that went on in 2010 ensured they would have a shot with the current regime to get them up and running and to a certain extent they have. Sheeds never fully committed to a rebuild even after their last finals appearance in 2004 prior to 2009 and that is why when players like Dustin Fletcher retire it will leave a big hole in the side and ensure they fail to taste the ultimate success.

I'm happy how we are developing. After this years draft we'll address some needs and we'll be ready to attack and pursuit the ultimate dream given also free agency and the FTF also to entice solid uncontracted players (That's where Blair Hartley comes in) as we will be an attractive proposition to play for as our premiership window given the core age of our list and the games played will be open for a long time. Possibly 2015-2020.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
Gerks has his say on match days, not much of it is posted here on the forums but he has a bigger influence than you would imagine. The club and this site couldn't operate without him :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2012, 09:29:16 PM »

3 years ago and we are still out of the 8????? How much longer do we blame Wallace for??

Don't see them blaming Knights at the Bombers or Craig at the Crows....they ave both leapfrogged us in less time!

They haven't leapfrogged us at all - they were never within a bull's roar of the depths that we were at.  That's the most frustrating part of your rants WAT, your complete disregard or opposition to the notion of just how much worse we were than any other club in the modern history of the VFL/AFL.  And sadly, that includes Fitzroy - the only, and I wish to emphasize ONLY, reason we survived where they failed was because of our supporters and coming back from that was never going to be anywhere near as easy as it has been for all the other teams you put up as our litmus tests.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2012, 09:30:59 PM »

They haven't leapfrogged us at all - they were never within a bull's roar of the depths that we were at.  That's the most frustrating part of your rants WAT, your complete disregard or opposition to the notion of just how much worse we were than any other club in the modern history of the VFL/AFL.  And sadly, that includes Fitzroy - the only, and I wish to emphasize ONLY, reason we survived where they failed was because of our supporters and coming back from that was never going to be anywhere near as easy as it has been for all the other teams you put up as our litmus tests.

Reported :police: how dare you use facts to try and railroad another posters beliefs >:(

gerkin greg

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »

Thats all your posts ever are though Gerks, smart behind comments, just about every post, very rarely do you actually comment on anything else relevant other than quoting other posters posts in a smart manner.

A jokes a joke but that's all you seem to do....anyway I will let you have the final say....you usually do! Cheers!
Another stuffing deflection

Mate I contribute more than just smart ass remarks, more than repetitive moronic rants which is your modus operandi, it's just that when you don't agree with them you start with insults like "cross dresser". I mean seriously. At least you were big enough to apologise.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:00:29 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »

I will let you have the final say.

Usually but not this time

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 09:39:05 PM »

Dissagree Smokey, the Crows were down and out, so we're the Bombers and we even finished above the Eagles a few years ago. That's crap saing I sad we were te worst club in afl/VFL history, I love how most of my words are twisted.

I said we are mentally weak ad it's shown for any years, IMO, we should be in front f the Crws,te Bombers, Freo and the Eagles and we aren't, but hey let's just keep rebuilding.

What happens  if IF we fail next year...no this year is not over but I don't think we NOW deserve to get into the 8. I thought we would ad should f earlier but after watching some of the failures this year I don't think we are good enough to mix it wen the finals come because we won't handle it mentally...

My thoughts only!

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2012, 09:45:26 PM »
poo I tell you what, you lot are like pack of rabid dogs aren't you when someone has a different opinion, gang up, just because I believe that the players have let themselves and me as a paying member down again, .....bored of this poo!!!

I'll ask you this. Have you seen no improvement this year whatsoever or so very little that its token and not developmental given the state of our list.? Hence you made a comment that Melbourne would overtake us next year or that our loss to Adelaide last week was worse than the Wallace era? Ask yourself those questions. Seriously ask them.

You are more than entitled to your opinion as we all are. Whilst I don't agree with you there is no name calling from me just a stance on where I sit on a certain topic and how I see things progressing. Just ask yourself the aformentioned questions from the previous paragraph and if you think that we are going nowhere then that's fine I'll leave it at that. :thumbsup

Il answer this as i tend to agree with WAT most times.

Where has imporvement come from?

Edwards without a doubt
Rance see above
Grimes
Maric
Grigg
Not getting pumped
Tuck
Connors gone
Martin dumped for 2 weeks

I wont include Lids and Cotch as they are token guns. Having 50,000 can be celebrated also

Where there are positives, there are also negatives.

Jack R
Forward line. Struggling big time
Jackson
Fremantle Game

The problem IMO is that it seems we have improved in a few different areas, which we have, we still sit in 10th spot and a chance to finish pretty close to where we finished last year.

Stats dont lie and in a few years you look back on results/ladder not individual improvements etc etc

You have to take your chances when they present.

We have matched it with sides in the 8, therefore there should be no excuses not to make the 8. Its as simple as that!!!

Anything less is a sub par year for me.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2012, 09:47:16 PM »
Disagree  Smokey

Surprise  :birthday :birthday and for the recor, exactly when we're the crows down and out? The have missed the finals the 3 times in the last 12 years......

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:01:16 PM by WilliamPowell »