Author Topic: North V Tigers Game  (Read 21061 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
North V Tigers Game
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »
Going a little early discussing this game buy watching them tonight I am offically concerned. My biggest concern is not that they beat the Bluebaggers but more how they play. North play a man on man defence which has been our bugbear all year. Add to this a huge in form forward  (who we have no one of size to match up on) and an abundance of quick and deangerous small forwards, I think we are in serious trouble. Earlier I had this down as a near certainity but given the state of each of our lists I think the opposite may now be true.

Touching up the Suns in Cairns now is a must  :help

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: North V Tigers Game
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:30:27 PM »
Morth are like a turd that won't flush... Easiest effin draw they've had, they played GC twice and gws once. Some teams havnt played one of those two teams once yet.
Sure they're in form, but relity is they play really well under the roof at etihad and that's where they've won most of their games.

Am I concerned?? Of course I am, I've been saying that we will los to them on a return trip from a hot and humid cairns, but its typical of nots draw. Eff nort, their 5 supporters and that joke of a president what a wanker plays footsies with G lyon: aka hairy malaka.

I would rather lose to GC and come home and pump north by 10 goals, then ill buy. Anort jumper at the ground and torch it on punt road for braywank and all of his wanker friends to see.

TURD THAT WON'T FLUSH!!!!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:31:36 PM »
Going a little early discussing this game buy watching them tonight I am offically concerned. My biggest concern is not that they beat the Bluebaggers but more how they play. North play a man on man defence which has been our bugbear all year. Add to this a huge in form forward  (who we have no one of size to match up on) and an abundance of quick and deangerous small forwards, I think we are in serious trouble. Earlier I had this down as a near certainity but given the state of each of our lists I think the opposite may now be true.

Agree on all points Stripes.

Our lack of form, injuries and our general wear and tear may get horribly exposed next week.

Furthermore these nobodies always seem to grow a leg against us.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »
like the Gypsy's in Spain that follow you around and just when you think their gone, around they come again

Can handle losing to the Pies, cats but to this bunch of tossers, no

we owe them next week regardless what happens tomorrow

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »
Maybe so EEA but this piece of skata may float on the surface a little while longer unless we get our hands dirty and do the flushing ourselves.

We can name call them all we like but the way they played tonight we need to turn our form on next week and stop them otherwise they will gobble us up.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »
like the Gypsy's in Spain that follow you around and just when you think their gone, around they come again

Can handle losing to the Pies, cats but to this bunch of tossers, no

we owe them next week regardless what happens tomorrow

Other clubs hurt but isn't longlasting because they are big clubs, better lists, better plan etc.

Losing to Nought hurts. It's like a 6 ft 4 heavyweight losing to a 5 ft 8 featherweight by knock out.
There is nowhere to hide. That's how I feel what sort of club we are compared to them regardless of our on field futility in the last 3 decades. I still writhe in pain and feel so hollow about the John Longmire 12 goal haul and 141 point loss to Nought in 1990. It still hurts more than any Gary Ablett inspired mauling or more generally Geelong in the same period.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
This is a season ending game to the losers
I think we will win but we will need to treat them like margarine
 Spread Spread Spread
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 11:21:47 PM »
Easiest draw ever.
I just want a win against Vlads Gold and will be counting the seconds for this game to come around.
Arrogant smucks.
I hope we kill em.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »
Fair comment Stripes about us finding it more difficult against a man-on-man defence. I think that comes back to winning the contested footy and maintaining intensity over 4 quarters. Since Foley went down that's been left to two few (Cotch and Tucky) to carry the workload.

First of all we need to win tomorrow and hopefully well to boost our confidence and play with more fluency rather than stop and start rubbish and take that form into the North game. It a pain that we'll go into the game missing key players while they are at full strength. At least we get Dusty and Jacko  :-\ back next week into the midfield. North should lose Ziebell but no guarantee the MRP will suspend him ::).

One thing to note is that next week will be North's first and only game at the 'G this year. Last year they had just one game at the 'G too. They haven't played at the 'G since round 16 last year when the Pies pumped them by 117 pts. Going into that game North had won 4 of their past 5 games so they can easily fall apart as we saw this year when Hawthorn pulverised them. North's wins have come at Etihad (6 from 8), Hobart (vs GWS) and up on the Gold Coast (just scrapped home against the Suns). Let's see how they go out in the open air and away from the protected fast dry confimes of Docklands. The other thing about this year is the middle sides have been up and down in form like a yo-yo all year. If we have 22 Tigers turning up to play over 4 quarters then we can win.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »
if the club can't beat both BCS and NFC,then sadly they're fahrked

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Morth are like a turd that won't flush... Easiest effin draw they've had, they played GC twice and gws once. Some teams havnt played one of those two teams once yet.
Sure they're in form, but relity is they play really well under the roof at etihad and that's where they've won most of their games.

Am I concerned?? Of course I am, I've been saying that we will los to them on a return trip from a hot and humid cairns, but its typical of nots draw. Eff nort, their 5 supporters and that joke of a president what a wanker plays footsies with G lyon: aka hairy malaka.

I would rather lose to GC and come home and pump north by 10 goals, then ill buy. Anort jumper at the ground and torch it on punt road for braywank and all of his wanker friends to see.

TURD THAT WON'T FLUSH!!!!

Hope we flush em too.
Hope Caro has a big grin on her dial the Monday after this game.
Have a feeling Brayshaw charmed his way with Vlad into getting their pee easy draw.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
Looks like Nort will have to make a few changes as well, Zeible should get weeks for his bump, Adams didn't look good with all that ice on his shoulder and Petrie subbed off with what looked like a groin. Keep Harper and Harvey quiet and they are nothing, let's stick it right up em!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »
I'm more concerned about GC to be honest.

We have half of Coburg playing.

North next week purely depends on which team turns up. If both teams play at their best, I'm confident out best beat there best quite easily.

We need a good show against GC to get some confidence as the last few weeks haven't been overly inspiring like we have been before the bye.
Go Tigers!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 12:05:01 AM »
huge build up for the Northern Beggars
rolling in Barry Cable from WA to talk
to the boys.

nice little ride from their fixture, but
reckon we can beat them.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 03:29:57 AM »

Reckon Rance could do a decent job on Petrie. Petrie is a good player but he doesn't kick 7 every week.

if the club can't beat both BCS and NFC,then sadly they're stuffed

We will beat whoever BCS are but N0rt go ok. I'll be unhappy if we got rolled by those wankers but missing finals this year is not the end of the world. Some blokes on here have already conceded anyway.