Author Topic: Changes for North game? [merged]  (Read 7780 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Changes for North game? [merged]
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »
Think it is wise of them not to tell us. If they reveal early that Graham will be goose stepping around again then some supporters (smokey) will burn down punt road. ;D

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
I am all for providing feedback to a player that has not performed like for example Vickery - injury or not if you put yourself up to be selected and you dont perform then you will merit critism.

However I am going to put forward a case for 2nd gamer Derickx to remain in the side for another 1-2 games at least.

1. He has already matched Vickery's Hit out stats average for the year and Vickery got 8 games
2. He played forward and defence in both games (as well as ruck support) - needs to be settled in either role
3. Needs more time to get the pace of the game and settle into the team

Areas he needs to improve:

1. Reading the play - he is a tall option and should have not been within 20 metres of that Tuck kick - should have been down the line
2. Fitness - looked absolutely knackered at the end of the game - but the team only had one on the bench
3. Marking - not reading the ball or getting best position as yet - needs to make the mids kick to his advantage

If anyone can name one Richmond player that was an absolute gun from Game 1 (exceptions are Cotchin) then they dont live in the real world.

Ellis has now played 15 games and has improved every game to achieve a solid level of consistency. He was getting bagged at the start.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 08:50:02 AM »

Let's not make stuff up here Greg. Greg performed better than Pearsy at Gregburg which is why Pearsy didn't get the nod over Goose. Good VFL player though is Pears. Still young too

while grahams output may have been slightly better, i think the way browne goes about it gives him more of a chance of one day having an impact for us.

as you say he is only young. what, 22 or something? even big eeeevan didnt have much of an impact until this year (26, 27?). same with jamar for the landrovers.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
I am all for providing feedback to a player that has not performed like for example Vickery - injury or not if you put yourself up to be selected and you dont perform then you will merit critism.

However I am going to put forward a case for 2nd gamer Derickx to remain in the side for another 1-2 games at least.

1. He has already matched Vickery's Hit out stats average for the year and Vickery got 8 games
2. He played forward and defence in both games (as well as ruck support) - needs to be settled in either role
3. Needs more time to get the pace of the game and settle into the team

Areas he needs to improve:

1. Reading the play - he is a tall option and should have not been within 20 metres of that Tuck kick - should have been down the line
2. Fitness - looked absolutely knackered at the end of the game - but the team only had one on the bench
3. Marking - not reading the ball or getting best position as yet - needs to make the mids kick to his advantage

If anyone can name one Richmond player that was an absolute gun from Game 1 (exceptions are Cotchin) then they dont live in the real world.

Ellis has now played 15 games and has improved every game to achieve a solid level of consistency. He was getting bagged at the start.

Agree 100%, we have put the time into this guy, he plays and delivers the ball well, I reckon he should be in as well.

Ox

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »

Let's not make stuff up here Greg. Greg performed better than Pearsy at Gregburg which is why Pearsy didn't get the nod over Goose. Good VFL player though is Pears. Still young too

while grahams output may have been slightly better, i think the way browne goes about it gives him more of a chance of one day having an impact for us.

as you say he is only young. what, 22 or something? even big eeeevan didnt have much of an impact until this year (26, 27?). same with jamar for the landrovers.

yeh,'cos we got four years up our sleeve

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »
In response to"If anyone can name one Richmond player that was an absolute gun from Game 1 (exceptions are Cotchin) then they dont live in the real world" Richo was a gun from game one. I agree that the majority of players are not guns from day 1 but having said that you need to show something in your first game or couple of games eg Ellis has shown something. Derrickx has played a variety of positions and I agree has not been in a settled position but on the other hand he is a mature age recruit who should be showing more than he is. I really hope he succeeds but have doubts. I hope very much to be proven wrong in having doubts.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
Think it is wise of them not to tell us. If they reveal early that Graham will be goose stepping around again then some supporters (smokey) will burn down punt road. ;D

:lol

The thought would cross my mind!   :lol

Ruanaidh

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 07:44:16 PM »
My team for Sunday:

B: Steven Morris, Alex Rance, Chris Newman

HB: Bachar Houli, Ben Griffiths, Kel Moore

C: Shaun Grigg, Trent Cotchin, Brandon Ellis

HF:  Brett Deledio, Tom D, Eddo

F:Luke McGuane, Jack Riewoldt, Robin Nahas

Foll: Ivan Maric, Dusty, Shane Tuck

I/C: A Maric, Conca, Jacko, Brett O'Hanlon (I can't work out who I'd have as sub :huh)

Emg: Todd Elton, Matthew Arnot etc

Out: Dea, Batchelor, Graham, Webberley
Ins: I Maric, Griff, Jacko and Dusty

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »
What about the coach swap him over with the two dollar coach at Coburg
Harry potter maybe he can produce conjure magic wizardry to try and combat God 
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »
What about the coach swap him over with the two dollar coach at Coburg
Harry potter maybe he can produce conjure magic wizardry to try and combat God

Comes complete with cape and pink schwand. Also can do the hamburger on request

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2012, 07:36:49 PM »
Mmmiller and the last post named if they play I'm spending Sunday arvo mowing the lawns and washing the cars
I object watching this nonsense
Miller our youth policy
Put games into Elton John Dimwit

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »
Lose this week and I would say we'll head back into development mode for the rest of the season.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »
Lose this week and I would say we'll head back into development mode for the rest of the season.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

We need to make changes and we need to find out what those changes might be.

:thumbsup

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »
After seeing some of the Ins I am 100% convinced the rfc is like Cadel Evans 2012 only
On one effing big joy ride