Author Topic: Honestly  (Read 4965 times)

Gigantor

Re: Honestly
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21:19 PM »
Froars i understand where you're coming from on this..but mate i cant..the RFC is just too ingrained

Gigantor

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »
i must admit i had a chuckle when big dericks was selected 2 weeks ago..has done absolutely nothing at coburg and got a game simply because there was nobody else i suspect

Ruanaidh

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »
serious???? cotch was on the pine the last minute? i didnt realise that

im very sure thats what i read on a previous thread

can anyone confirm this, that was actually at the ground.
Kiwitiger (BF) is a trusted source and he stated that was the case. He was at the ground, near the coach's box and is a coterie member.

Gigantor

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:36 PM »
well i'll stick my neck out and say if cotch was in the middle for that last bounce we would have won..theres not a hope in hell he would have let them take the ball away

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »
serious???? cotch was on the pine the last minute? i didnt realise that

im very sure thats what i read on a previous thread

can anyone confirm this, that was actually at the ground.
Kiwitiger (BF) is a trusted source and he stated that was the case. He was at the ground, near the coach's box and is a coterie member.

I REST MY CASE

yet people blame depth and location
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »
would have to be one of the smartest posts i have read :thumbsup

Culture lost us the game, not location, depth, coach

all were contributing factors no doubt, but ultimately the loser mentality still exists at the club. It is 95% between the ears

When their backs are against the wall, expect a loss more times than not

Dead right, why do we seem to be the only team with that culture ingrained, it's like every player taht comes through has it, it's a desease....

yep every player we recruit is rubbish, every coach we hire cant coach, every asisstant coach we recruit cant teach. etc etc

every draw we get handed is tough, every ground we play on is tough. its all a load of scata

Its a disease and the only player in the last 20 years, that ive seen that hasnt inherited it at any stage of their career is Cotch.

we have a aboriginal centre at Punt Road yet cant develop any of them enough to stay. why???

we cant put sides away and nail them to the wall? why

we have a lack of belief and a few wins against sides we normally do well against aint going to hide that

It was a lack of belief from the coach that had Cotch sitting on the pine in the last minute of the most important match of the year, newman not in the backline and our players not playing man on man

Pretty well nailed it Daniel...WHY..thats what I wan't to know, and they don't answer those questions for us do they??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »

all were contributing factors no doubt, but ultimately the loser mentality still exists at the club. It is 95% between the ears

Dead right, why do we seem to be the only team with that culture ingrained, it's like every player taht comes through has it, it's a desease....

yep every player we recruit is rubbish, every coach we hire cant coach, every asisstant coach we recruit cant teach. etc etc

every draw we get handed is tough, every ground we play on is tough. its all a load of scata

Its a disease and the only player in the last 20 years, that ive seen that hasnt inherited it at any stage of their career is Cotch.

we have a aboriginal centre at Punt Road yet cant develop any of them enough to stay. why???

we have a lack of belief and a few wins against sides we normally do well against aint going to hide that

It was a lack of belief from the coach that had Cotch sitting on the pine in the last minute of the most important match of the year, newman not in the backline and our players not playing man on man

Pretty well nailed it Daniel...WHY..thats what I wan't to know, and they don't answer those questions for us do they??

Gee there's some fool stuffwit post on here eff me! Let's sack the coach, let's sack the board lets go back to square one and start from scratch. The problem with that is you dicks would give the new board, new coach new players 10 minuts to preform before you would call for the same thing! It's actually more embarrassing reading some of the hysterical head up arses posts here than it was to loose yesterday. Seriously allot of you just have no idea :wallywink

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »

Gee there's some fool stuffwit post on here eff me! Let's sack the coach, let's sack the board lets go back to square one and start from scratch. The problem with that is you dicks would give the new board, new coach new players 10 minuts to preform before you would call for the same thing! It's actually more embarrassing reading some of the hysterical head up behinds posts here than it was to loose yesterday. Seriously allot of you just have no idea :wallywink

show me one post where i have said Sack the coach. Just one since Dimma has been made coach??? Keep searching

It is people like you who cant read simple English
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »

lol  daniel. sort of  a two bob each way post there bud.
you change losing culture  simply by winning. you win when you have enough players capable of winning.
your looking for answers well the most obvious one is right there staring at you.

the 22 who played were not good  enough plain and simple.that 22 wont win you games  against most sides. without a doubt the single biggest problem at the club atm is depth  we just dont have any.
we dont even have a good best 22 the bottom 5 or 6 fall away dranatically but we are forced to play them.

foley, martin, king, grimes, maric a fit ad in form vickery, griffiths and you become competetive against most sides. without them your just another also ran.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »
In the 33 years ive lived , i have never known a human being to be a bigger "i told you so'er" than WAT/PNGQT.

It is truly amazing.

I will add, that ive also never known someone to be so rude to people that disagree with his point of view, or suck up so much to people that do actually agree with his point.

Anyone that disagrees with the aforementioned WAT/PNGQT is shot down continuously.

Why dont you start 48739 threads for the posts of yours that are genuinely wrong?

Hooray, you thought we would lose to the Gold Coast. Someone buy the man a drink and celebrate this correct prediction.

The thread isn't about what you think of me, I couldn't care less, it's about the honesty of the suporters, posters on this forum and the players mental weakness, please try and stick to topic and don't turn this is into a personal attack on me..AGAIN, just because you don't like my thoughts.

Thank you

Didn't comment on your thoughts.

More commenting on your first 3 paragraphs. They ooze arrogance and rudeness.

Look at me, look at me. You're all a pack of fools, I was right I was right. Hardy hardy ha, I was right your all fools, I'm the king.

Shove
It
Straight
Up
Your
behind

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
Do what I do folks, and stop putting yourself through unnecessary pain.
I'm over them!

what draws you back onto a fan forum then froarsy, just sayin ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 02:27:45 PM »

you change losing culture  simply by winning. you win when you have enough players capable of winning.
your looking for answers well the most obvious one is right there staring at you.

the 22 who played were not good  enough plain and simple.that 22 wont win you games  against most sides. without a doubt the single biggest problem at the club atm is depth  we just dont have any.
we dont even have a good best 22 the bottom 5 or 6 fall away dranatically but we are forced to play them.

foley, martin, king, grimes, maric a fit ad in form vickery, griffiths and you become competetive against most sides. without them your just another also ran.
no no no. That's where your wrong.
This losing culture is a cancer that hasn't been rectified by any coach or administrator for 30 years.

You stat that winning will rectify a losing culture.  Did it work in 1995 and 2001?  No soon after both those years we were back exactly where we are inbred to finish and that's a mediocre 9th or in the process of another rebuild.

The culture change starts when you don't except mediocrity of any sort in any department at the club.
At training if there's a wayward kick you start the whole drill again and you do it until it's done perfectly even if it takes all day. 
If you have a winning culture you win even if circumstances conspire against you.
Someone posted that the bombers were a lucky club because it seems things fall their way. Well thats because winners make it and losers just dream about it luck doesn't come into it.

Fix this culture issue and we won't except underperformed hacks that have been there too long and haven't improved.
Fix this culture issue and players we recruit won't all of a sudden forget how to kick.
Fix this culture issue and we don't lose to a team that hadn't won a game.
Fix this culture issue and we make finals regardless of how many injuries we may have.
Fix this culture issue and we aren't waiting another 30 years for a premiership.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »

gotta agree here.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »

gotta agree here.
I don't agree. It's true that any club must have good players but some clubs get the most out of players many thought were no good.
Look at the bombers. Alot here on this forum didn't think their list was much chop but even with 20 players on the injury list they keep making finals.
Many experts didn't rate Sydney but they still find a way to win and make finals consistantly.
The pies can just bring in youngsters to play their role.
Etc etc. Etc.

These clubs have something we don't have. The one ingredient that makes lesser players better makes finals a reality and the hope of premierships more than a pipe dream......
Culture of winning, culture of excellence, culture of success.

The club hasn't fixed this issue and yesterday confirmed it. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 07:23:51 PM »
well i'll stick my neck out and say if cotch was in the middle for that last bounce we would have won..theres not a hope in hell he would have let them take the ball away

Agree, but what dissapoints me is after Grigg's kick was smothered Deledio had his hands almost on the ball but took his eyes off hit expecting a hit instead of just grabbing it and chucking it on the boot at all costs.