Author Topic: Coburg vs North Ballarat, Sat. July 12 --- LIVE on ABC1 TV  (Read 8151 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Coburg vs North Ballarat, Sat. July 12 --- LIVE on ABC1 TV
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
Here's the final score anyway

Coburg Tigers   2.2   3.4    4.8      6.14 (50)
North Ballarat   5.3  10.9  12.12  19.13 (127)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Saad 2 Jordan  Murphy  Thomas  Maric

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Venditti Fahey Verrier Groves Murphy Miller

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v5/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=4138&pg=1&a=MR
there you go WP. Miller just scraped in to be named in the best players.   :thumbsup

maybe he should play seniors again and show Jack how it's done. What do you reckon?
  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
 :ROTFL :ROTFL

P.S where's jackstar? He'd probably be excited too.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
Just got home from the game..probably the most dispirited ,spineless performance i have yet seen from coburg..i cant name one richmond listed player who stood out for me.I think it was Darou, did show some enthusiasm and did chase and run and kick long.verrier looks the goods(afl size) but to me just lacks a little polish....Elton got to the contests on many occasions but just couldnt make it stick..Out of interest..
Did big Browne play in the earlier game,because I wonder if he comes in tomorrow for big Evaaann who the club says will have to be nursed through the season?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
Disgusted at that performance , heads need to roll at that club
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »

Did big Browne play in the earlier game,because I wonder if he comes in tomorrow for big Evaaann who the club says will have to be nursed through the season?

He did, and was in the bests according to the official scores.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 07:49:53 PM »
Here's the final score anyway

Coburg Tigers   2.2   3.4    4.8      6.14 (50)
North Ballarat   5.3  10.9  12.12  19.13 (127)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Saad 2 Jordan  Murphy  Thomas  Maric

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Venditti Fahey Verrier Groves Murphy Miller

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v5/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=4138&pg=1&a=MR
there you go WP. Miller just scraped in to be named in the best players.   :thumbsup
It just shows they pick the best players based on the stat sheet. Miller was useless today while Murphy was Coburg's best.

Astbury - Edwards' opponent. Looked slow off the mark but I'll give him some slack as he's coming back from a long lay off. Leave judging him until 2013.
Darrou - took some nice marks in defence but needs to get way fitter.
Verrier - Still raw. Probably the RFC-listed player who ended up with the most possies which is why he's named in Coburg's bests. He, like everyone else today, wouldn't deserve a Richmond call up though based on today's efforts.
Graham - dropped two marks including a sitter in the defensive goalsquare in the first quarter which lead to two Rooster goals and it didn't get any better from there. The club needs to pay him out at the end of the season as he'll be left to rot at Coburg next year.
Derickx - just a plodder who is too slow. Another who will be cut at the end of the year.
Elton - needs time in the gym over a preseason or two. He's getting pushed aside too easily.
Miller - should retire. Like Derickx too slow on the lead now so he's direct opponent can easily gain front spot or at least a clear spoil.

Apart from the little league skill errors and standard overall  ::), the other main problem that stood out for the Coburg was their forwards and half-forwards don't move. Virtually every kick forward of centre was to a stationary target rather than to a leading-up one. It was amateur hour  :scream. Thank gawd we are splitting away. Today was the perfect example why we need to do so. A shame we can't break the affilitation at the end of this season. You can't develop young players like Elton and Verrier within that rabble.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
Would you say darrou or verrier show any signs of making it? :huh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
watched the entire game
lets hope we have no injuries tomorrow, as there is nothing at Coburg at present
Would think Gus stopped trying today, he is a disgrace

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »
watched the entire game
lets hope we have no injuries tomorrow, as there is nothing at Coburg at present

Watched it twice, can't believe you think Gus is a disgrace? I can think of 1000 worse things to call him  ;D

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »
Miller was offal
Mince him up for the Barbie
The king island Brie was soft as usual
Bo Derrickx tries hard but not consistent and talented enough
Darrou is diarrhea  why bother gets caught out bc no speed
Coaches pet Astbury wins and reads the ball well but has poor foot and hand skills
In the third q he had 6 possessions for 5 apple turnovers
Worst Coburg performance I've ever seen
Rfc get out of there ASAP
Coburg players were dwarfs today
Dimmer was walking around the boundary line
I told him to get in the box with a wry smile on my dial. I don't think he appreciated it
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »
Coburg suffers double blow as Richmond splits
Brent Diamond
The Age
July 22, 2012

ON A day that Coburg realised the dreaded fate of its split with Richmond, it received a reality check of another kind with a 77-point loss to North Ballarat.

The heavy loss ended Coburg's finals hopes this season but the conclusion of its alignment with Richmond, announced yesterday, at the end of next season - a year earlier than its contract was to expire - may have more dramatic consequences for its future in the VFL.

Aside from Damien Rayson (31 touches), Daniel Venditti (26) and David Astbury (26) and some flashes of brilliance from Adam Saad with two goals, Coburg appeared out of its depth yesterday to cover North Ballarat, which has just started to gain some momentum as it consolidates eighth position.

Chris Giampaolo was exciting in one of his matches for North Ballarat with 28 touches, while Myles Sewell was equally good with 28 touches. Sewell is believed to have attracted some interest from more AFL recruiters over the past fortnight as he seeks to realise his dream and follow in his brother Brad's footsteps. Cruize Garlett was also influential with 26 disposals for the Roosters.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/coburg-suffers-double-blow-as-richmond-splits-20120721-22h23.html#ixzz21GnwhH5i

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 03:03:51 AM »
Astbury. Has he ever beaten an opponent when he's played down back? I mean really shut a bloke down? I remember him looking worse than Post at AFL level (and a lot more timid). Gave him some slack because he was a young bloke but stuff me. Good players don't struggle in the twos. Did good things yesterday but I hope he can force his way into the side next year..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:47:31 AM by Coach Davey »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 06:45:28 AM »
watched the entire game

The old man went along yesterday and the first thing he told me was "Graham's effort was disgusting and should never represent Richmond in the 1sts or at Coburg again".

Pay him out Monday morning and walk him off the premises.  >:(

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »
This is a shocking thing to say
But Gus didn't try
What about his attempt to get back in the hole in the 2nd quarter
He walked back
And Brett Cook coaching Coburg yesterday
Please spare me

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »
Best thing out of the game was the news that the split is occurring sooner. Astbury's last quarter was okay. He took a nice grab but his disposal wasn't flash. Loudest cheer came in the third quarter when Miller finally took a mark. Graham, Derrickx and Miller insipid. Atrocious delivery into the forward line didn't help Elton. Darrou and Verrier at least tried. The Coburg players are at best plodders. Saad in the last half was the only Coburg player who looked lively. All ABC commentators of view Browne is gone.

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »
worst part of yesterday's performance (apart from Gus - who was universally the worst part of yesterday's performance) was that it shows how poor/shallow our depth still is....we all know you need a squad of around 30 to really push the top teams & compete in finals & unfortunately for us & our core group of players, we still lack that bottom 5 - 10 to a) push the regular 22's to make sure they stay on top of their game (means too many get gifted) and b) replace players who are either underperforming or injured...

shows we still have some work to do on and off field...
...the fighting fury...