Author Topic: Will Dimma Be Our Next Premiership Coach?  (Read 7643 times)

10 FLAGS

Will Dimma Be Our Next Premiership Coach?
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
Its simple! Do you still have faith in Damien Hardwick or has he lost your confidence in him as a coach. Will he lead us to the promised land? Will I get to change my nicname to 11 Flags during his coaching tenure? Will he lead us to our next Premiership?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Will Dimma Be Our Next Premiership Coach?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
He'll coach us to finals. stuff knows if he will coach a premiership though. Could be another Ratten

:outtahere

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
"IF" we don't make the 8 next year ?
Who knows anymore  :huh

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
sacked at the end of 2013.

that should please some. :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »
Swooper Northey will be
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

10 FLAGS

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »

If he misses the eight next year its curtains. Cant see them sacking him if he makes the eight.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »

Personally would be far from pleased due to what it would mean

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
 :pray

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
I think he is doing everything right in terms of list development. Our squad needs education and Dimma and his coaching team have made this their number one priority. I do think his match day tactics still need improvement but he is learning on the job.

Will he take us to our next premiership I'm not sure but at the moment I feel confident that he will put us into a position where we are at least contending.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
well it will be an even more
interesting year next year.

already im hearing the familar
voices of discontent seeping out
of PRO. :banghead

the claw

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 03:35:57 PM »

If he misses the eight next year its curtains. Cant see them sacking him if he makes the eight.
not being a smart behind here but have to ask not just you but everyone.

with our depth do you think finals a certainty next yr.
in the scheme of things we dont currently have a lot of injuries and look how we drop away. imo we have had a decent run with injuries what happens if we get a bad run.
it takes time to get enough games into kids 4 yrs give or take. it takes time for enough players to enter key age brackets 23 plus.

most want to go down the youth path almost exclusively again but that will mean 3 or 4 yrs before we get a consistent player out of any of them that is if we get our picks right.

me i think finals are more likely in 2014 but possible in 2013 if as was needed this yr all things go well for us.

if finals are a must we sure are going to need to get in a fair few mature types who can play come seasons end.

the bottom line is you need enough  cattle to play finals with enough older experienced players and enough quality.we dont have enough by a big margin. for me the simple truth is we have done extremely well this yr  to be challenging at all or even still be   in the hunt.  lthe list itself says we will be doing well to be in a similar position again next yr.

for me i break it down to 3 groups

18 - 22 development group and yep a lot of early draft picks are playing good foorty by 22.but most are developing and working hard on consistency attuning their bodies to afl etc.

23 - 27 mature players. players taking on leadership done the preseasons got their bodies where they need them and closed the gap between their worst and best.

28 + veteran players old heads and true leaders. been there done that with most about to go into slow decline.

our 18 - 22 group will grow next yr with lots of nd rookie picks.
our 23 - 27 group will likely go back wards because the majority who get cut will come from here imo.
our 28 plus group will likely stay the same or may decline by one if miller a rookie is cut.

then theres games played experience.
atm we have 8 100 plus gamers deledio, edwards, foley, jackson, miller, newman, riewoldt, and tuck. this group should be full of veterans and mature players.
 its gone up by two as this yr has progressed.
because of age tuck and newman are very much short term.  Because of ability miller and jackson should go. Edwards is borderline imo,  but wont go there as i dont want it to become about individual players.the quality of this group has to be questioned though as well as the long term.

We then have 12 50 - 99 gamers, cotchin, king, grigg, houli, i maric, martin,mcguane, moore, nahas,  rance, vickery, white.  this group in the main should be mostly made up of mature  players with some development players.
as this yr has gone its gone up by 4 but we could lose two in white and mcguane. also imo nahas king and likely moore are short termers.take cotchin and martin out and you are scratching for real quality.

then theres the 0 - 49 gamers. very much development players or inexperienced mature recruits.webberley, post, ohanlon, arnot, astbury, batchelor, browne, conca, connors. morris, macdonald, helbig,grimes,griffiths,graham, elton ellis derickx. dea, plus rookies that makes 25.
4 or 5 in trouble in this bracket but they are in the main mature players aged 23 plus. good thing is 6 or 7 are in our best 22 already well is it a good thing or just shows how much we lack in other areas.
lots of kids there but how much quality and how many will make it.

the numbers dont add up for me.  finals next yr  are not a certainty by any stretch of the imagination. next yr for me  hardwick will again  be judged on impovement and how many players he can develop not the win/loss column.
imo with the cattle hes got hes doing okay.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:11:36 PM by the claw »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »
NO!!!

ABSOLUTELY NOT ... unfortunately ... he will either be sacked midway through 2013 or at the end of 2013 ...

He better stop being "nice" to the players and coach a better game structure!!!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
Has us on the right track in terms of list turnover and development.

His time is coming. :thumbsup

Ruanaidh

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 06:50:21 PM »
I promised that I wouldn't 'harp-on' about Dimma anymore so I wont. :-X

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »
Has us on the right track in terms of list turnover and development.

His time is coming. :thumbsup
I totally agree, unfortunately for him due to the compromised drafts it has been a terrible time to rebuild a list.  Still he has done as well as I expected.  I'm happy with him and I'd stick with him.