Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436856 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #840 on: March 26, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »
Anyone got a 4q report  ::)

If y do u that every week I may harm u
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #841 on: March 26, 2016, 07:13:31 PM »
Anyone got a 4q report  ::)

If y do u that every week I may harm u

Probably best to lay low Bojo.  You've said alot. Alot that has people offside
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #842 on: March 26, 2016, 07:39:05 PM »
My thoughts on the 3 quarters:

Lennon - Played very well and ran out the game strongly. Kicked a few goals and was the only real target up forward. Worked hard up the ground and used his kicking skills to advantage.
Batchelor - Was solid across HB. Showed leadership and worked hard throughout the day.
Moore - Played inside mid but didn't impact the contest like we would like. Was just average on the day.
Chaplin - Solid forward and played at this level as he should. Still doesn't play as a key position player so I hope he is only backup moving forward.
Hunt - Played in the middle and ran himself into the ground. Second and third efforts was a highlight but need more help around the contest.
Markov - Poor game from him and it looks like he needs to learn the structures as he wasn't in position most of the day. I will say he is fast and his kicking is fantastic!
McBean - Very poor whilst playing forward. Needs to start playing like a key forward and take a few marks or bust open packs. He played the relief ruck and looked much better around the ball and got involved. I still think he can make it but needs to become urgent especially when defending.
Broad - Struggles when given the task of playing on talls but looks great when playing as a running defender. Kicking still requires attention but gives his all.
Butler - Played mostly as a mid and provided some speed and spark. Drifted in and out of the game but looked good when he won the ball and used his pace to advantage.
Elton - I watched his closely and was very pleased with his game. Played mostly on Jones when he was on the ground and beat him hands down. Solid day at the office and used the ball well.
Castagna - Poor game from him as I was expecting him to push for senior selection. Was well beaten for most of the day and didn't provide much run at all.
Moore - Played full back on the resting ruck or Jones when Elton was resting. Learning the art of defending and was well beaten on the day. Has great speed and the few kick he had hit the target which is pleasing. Didn't play out the game due to a leg injury.
Chol - Very exiting as he does some great things during games. Played forward all day and took a few nice marks and kicked a goal. Drifted in and out of the game but you can really see his potential.
Marcon - Played mid and was just ok. Was always around the contest and won a few clearances and should only get better.
Short - Gun kick! played the small forward role and worked up the ground. Was ok to average on the day and needs to stay in the game longer.
Soldo - Held his own against Wood and I believe he is getting better every game. Has his eye on taking over from Ivan end of next year.
Ballard VFL Player - Built like a tank and uses his body around the contest extremely well. Was the best mid on the day from our point of view. Very slow but finds the footy and will win the B&F and should find himself back on a list next year. Very good player.

Overall the blues are a strong team with good VFL players and we played some guys who will be backup players throughout the year only. Enjoyed watching the footy at Punt Road :clapping

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #843 on: March 26, 2016, 07:45:19 PM »
Thx machine , nice work  :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #844 on: March 26, 2016, 07:54:16 PM »
Good to see Ballard having an immediate impact.... if he can keep it up all year, reckon we'd be into him as a rookie or even a late pick in the draft...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #845 on: March 26, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
Good to see Ballard having an immediate impact.... if he can keep it up all year, reckon we'd be into him as a rookie or even a late pick in the draft...

Absolutely..... is a bull and looks huge compared to other mids on the ground. Very good player  :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #846 on: March 26, 2016, 09:03:04 PM »
Cheers for the write up machine  :thumbsup

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #847 on: March 26, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »
Yeah thanks for that Machine.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #848 on: March 27, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »

Absolutely..... is a bull and looks huge compared to other mids on the ground. Very good player  :thumbsup

Agree BUT he had 2 horrible turnovers in the first qtr, kicking or decision making, too early to tell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #849 on: March 27, 2016, 12:36:57 PM »
For those interested

Full listing of the Tigers VFL draw has been added to the RFX 2016 Fixture thread

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=23175.msg539397#msg539397
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: March 27, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »

Agree BUT he had 2 horrible turnovers in the first qtr, kicking or decision making, too early to tell

I missed the first 20 minutes of the first but its not too early to tell from my point of view. Remember all players turn the ball over every match played around the country. Showed so much more positives than negatives.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VFL practice match - Richmond vs Essendon @ Punt Rd - Friday 4:30pm
« Reply #851 on: March 31, 2016, 10:46:33 PM »
The final VFL practice match is on tomorrow (Friday) against Essendon at 4:30pm at Punt Rd as a curtain-raiser to the Pies game at the 'G.

--------------------------------------

The VFL Tigers will take on Essendon in their final practice hit-out on Friday.

The Tigers' VFL squad will host the Bombers at Punt Road Oval in a curtain-raiser to the senior side's clash with Collingwood at the MCG.

Fifteen AFL-listed Tigers were named in the 26-man squad, including veteran Troy Chaplin, Ben Lennon, Jake Batchelor and Steven Morris.

Friday's practice match begins at 4.30pm and entry is free. Gates open from 4pm.

Food and drink will be available to purchase.

Richmond’s VFL squad

Ben Lennon
Jake Batchelor
Andrew Moore
Troy Chaplin
Oleg Markov
Liam McBean
Nathan Broad
Callum Moore
Steven Morris
Dan Butler
Mabior Chol
Todd Elton
Adam Marcon
Jason Castagna
Ivan Soldo

Sam Darley
Anthony Scott
Jake Aarts
Tom Langford
Thomas Silverstro
Ryan Gale
Gerard Gleeson
Luke Conca
Matthew Troutbeck
Andrew McQualter
Tyson Kruse

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-31/richmonds-vfl-squad-named

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #852 on: September 01, 2016, 04:10:10 AM »
Richmond has committed to playing two VFL matches in the Cardinia Shire next year. 

The Club will nominate to play two home games at Beaconsfield’s Holm Park Recreation Reserve each year, for at least the next three seasons, when submitting its fixturing requests in November.

Richmond has driven the initiative to continue to engage its strong and loyal following in the south-east corridor.

“We’re committed to establishing our presence in the Cardinia Shire, and we feel that playing two VFL home games each season from 2017 to 2019 is a significant step forward,” Gale said.

Read more: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-31/vfl-tigers-to-play-in-cardinia-in-2017

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #853 on: September 01, 2016, 06:31:34 AM »
“We’re committed to establishing our presence in the Cardinia Shire, and we feel that playing two VFL home games each season from 2017 to 2019 is a significant step forward,” Gale said.

Pity you didn't show the same commitment to the previous area that the club had a community arrangement with, you the council that built the RFC a MCG size facility that cost the club $0.00

Funny how the club didn't put the effort out there after Benny came onboard couldn't wait to run once the initial deal was over. But low and behold with this deal, his deal we fall over ourselves to please the council
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #854 on: September 15, 2016, 08:03:12 PM »
Liston Trophy medal votes from the VFL B&F night:

RICHMOND

Anthony    Miles    8
Jacob    Townsend    8
Adam    Marcon    6
Andrew    Moore    6
Thomas    Couch    5
Callum    Moore    4
Connor    Menadue    3
Ivan    Maric    3
Kane    Lambert    3
Kayle    Kirby    3
Jason    Castagna    2
Reece    Conca    2
Jake    Aarts    1
Jake    Batchelor    1
Liam    McBean    1
Nathan    Broad    1

Total          57

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&sID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=47673522