Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 434335 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: December 12, 2022, 10:43:32 PM »
Bailey Henderson has left our VFL side to play with Werribee.

-------------------------

✍🏻 NEW SIGNING

We're thrilled to confirm the signing of Bailey Henderson who after 4 years with Richmond VFL will provide speed & leadership for us in 2023.

https://twitter.com/WerribeeFC/status/1602179082560512000

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1381 on: December 13, 2022, 04:18:14 PM »

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1382 on: December 13, 2022, 04:24:50 PM »
Booooooo. More Americanisms creeping into our game.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1383 on: December 13, 2022, 06:59:20 PM »
This will be interesting. I'm much happier with them trialling this concept at the Reserve level rather than implementing it straight at the senior level as they did for the Stand Rule. The Wild Card round seems like a finals series extension and ratings/money grab to me but I'll hold tight on my option until I see it in operation.

The one massive change I'd like to see at VFL and AFL levels is more games. Not necessarily more weeks but taking a leaf out of American and British sports, I want more games played across the week. Why? Well, I want a fairer fixture where everyone plays each other twice. I want more opportunities for games to be played at smaller regional venues. I want bigger squads, more money for grassroots and local competitions and more money to take the game overseas. All of this can be achieved with more games being played.

But in the end, I want the AFL to finally bring in a CEO who will do what's best for the game not their own self-interest - over to you Benny!  :snidegrin

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: December 14, 2022, 01:57:57 AM »
I can’t see there being anymore games stripes. Playing each team twice is the only way to get a fairer fixture by increasing the games and that’s just not feasible i.e. adding another 11 games. Think what will eventually happen in the future after the Tassie team is added and maybe another one down the line is that the fixture just becomes playing each team once a season with no double ups.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1385 on: December 15, 2022, 02:28:35 PM »
VFL: a change of clubs for young forward Sam Tucker, crossing from Richmond to North Melbourne. Kicked five goals against Port Melbourne this year.

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375/status/1603162340085891072

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1386 on: December 21, 2022, 05:46:27 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1387 on: December 22, 2022, 10:34:41 PM »

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1388 on: December 23, 2022, 09:44:13 AM »
I can’t see there being anymore games stripes. Playing each team twice is the only way to get a fairer fixture by increasing the games and that’s just not feasible i.e. adding another 11 games. Think what will eventually happen in the future after the Tassie team is added and maybe another one down the line is that the fixture just becomes playing each team once a season with no double ups.

That will be the end result. There will eventually be 24 or 26 teams and everyone will play each other once in a year and then rotate home grounds the next year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1389 on: January 13, 2023, 06:53:14 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1390 on: January 16, 2023, 01:45:02 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1391 on: January 25, 2023, 05:08:50 PM »
Lachlan Street will remain captain of Richmond's VFL side in 2023.

Three Tigers will support Street as vice-captains; Angus Hicks, Brad Melville and Garrett McDonagh.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1264781/street-to-continue-as-vfl-captain

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1392 on: January 26, 2023, 05:19:00 PM »
Smithy's VFL Off-Season Update: Richmond

Brendan Rhodes
afl.com.au
26 January 2023

Rebounding defender Garrett McDonagh has returned to Tigerland after a solitary year on Essendon’s AFL list. McDonagh, 26, was selected from Richmond by the Bombers in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft, playing 17 VFL games and averaging 16.6 touches but not making his AFL debut. He has played 33 VFL matches, also representing Northern Blues and Coburg.

The Tigers have strengthened their backline with developing defender Mutaz El Nour crossing from Northern Bullants. The South Sudanese talent from Caroline Springs Football Club played 12 VFL games last year for a total of 18 and had been touted as a NAB AFL Draft fancy. He averaged 16.5 disposals, 5.8 marks and 5.1 rebounds in 2022.

Captain Lachlan Street will be a Tiger again. Street, 24, took the top job with aplomb last year, playing every game and averaging career bests in disposals (18.6), marks (4.6), rebounds (3.5), tackles (2.8) and clearances (2.2) to share second spot in the best-and-fairest.

Rookie Jackson Bowne has joined Coburg. The Bundoora small forward made his VFL debut for the Tigers in Round 5, gathering six disposals, but didn’t add to that appearance. He played 19 games and kicked 13 goals for Northern Knights in 2019-21.

Mykelti Lefau and Misilifi Faimolo will remain at Swinburne Centre. Former Casey Demon Lefau, 24, played six games and kicked five goals last year before injuring his knee, while Faimolo, 23, ran out seven times in his debut season.

Richmond has a new assistant coach, with Mo Kaakour promoted. The experienced Kaakour led Westmeadows to consecutive fourth-placed finishes in Division 1 of the Essendon league and has been leading the Bachar Houli Academy.

Brad Melville’s first three years at Richmond have been racked by bad luck – Covid lockdowns in 2020 and 2021 before suffering a serious knee injury – and will be hoping for a better run after committing to a fourth year at Punt Rd, according to The Border Mail Albury-Wodonga. The Wangaratta midfielder-forward, 24, got back for two matches late in the 2022 season. Meanwhile, Angus Hicks, Fraser Elliot and Nick Guiney will also continue at Swinburne Centre.

Itchy areas are a thing of the past at Richmond, with Johnson & Johnson filling the changerooms again. Austin Johnson, 20, played nine games last year for a total of 10 since crossing from Frankston, while Lachlan Johnson, 21, the son of Brisbane Lions triple premiership great Chris, fronted three times for a total of 13 after being delisted by Essendon.

2021 Richmond VFL best-and-fairest winner Will Martyn has signed at Port Melbourne. The Brisbane Lions Academy graduate played all 28 VFL games in the past two seasons at Swinburne Centre, last year averaging 18.1 disposals and 4.7 marks.

Tylar Young’s decision to move from Frankston to Richmond VFL at the start of last year paid off in spades when he was promoted to the Tigers’ AFL list in the NAB Rookie Draft. Young, 24, played 14 games for Richmond last year, averaging 9.6 disposals.

Shepparton youngster Ashtyn Atkinson is pushing hard for an opportunity on Richmond’s VFL list. Atkinson, 18, a Yorta Yorta youngster from Rumbalara Football Club, played 11 NAB League games for Murray Bushrangers, averaging 12 disposals.

An important Tiger will play for the Tigers in 2023. But it’s not happy news for Richmond with Bailey Henderson switching to Werribee. Henderson, 23, played 14 matches for Richmond last year, averaging 13.6 disposals and kicking seven goals.

Delisted Tiger Riley Collier-Dawkins has opted for the SANFL to try and reboot his career, according to Zero Hanger. Collier-Dawkins played 16 VFL games last year for a total of 41. He also played 11 AFL games.

North Melbourne has boosted its forward line with the signing of young Richmond goalkicker Sam Tucker, according to Code Sports’ Paul Amy. Tucker, 21, booted nine goals in six matches for the Tigers last year, including five in one match against Port Melbourne.

Youngsters Cam Olden, Joel Nathan, Jess McGrath and Tom Bracher will return to the Swinburne Centre to continue their development. Tom Brindley gained a small taste of VFL footy in 2022 and will also be back for more. Brindley, 24, played just one game last year – his debut – with his seven disposals and four tackles showing enough to earn another contract.

Best-and-fairest winner Jake Aarts lost his spot on the AFL list at the end of last season and won’t be back to defend his Guinane Medal, signing with Mornington Peninsula-Nepean club Dromana. Aarts, 28, played 14 VFL games last year, averaging career-bests in disposals (21.4), clearances (4.2) and tackles (5.4) and kicking 16 goals. He finishes with 112 VFL matches for Richmond and Bendigo, along with 42 AFL games for the Tigers.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/872885/smithy-s-vfl-off-season-update-richmond-sandringham-southport-sharks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1393 on: January 26, 2023, 05:37:44 PM »
Joining in with @richmond_fc for some match sim today 👍

https://twitter.com/RichmondVFL/status/1618486766926979075

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond