Author Topic: Mediocrity still reigns  (Read 6319 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Mediocrity still reigns
« on: July 29, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
Blues supporters are speechless.

Listening to SEN after the game and they're are praising Ratten.

Playing 8 youngters in the team, many Carlscum supporters didn't even bother turning up because they didn't think they'd win.

But like many coaches before him Hardwick has failed to do the one thing that he shouldve already done. It was evident with the loss to Fremantle and stuck out like dogs balls in losing the unlosable against Gold Coast up in Cairns. He has failed to rid the club of the disease that's plagued it for so many years.
Mediocrity!

I know what many will say....
We have no depth, too many poo players, too many passengers, dumb players etc.  Which may well be true.
But if you raise the standard to a very high level. Demand excellence in every department. Expect perfection at training........
..... then the whole perspective changes.
Players improve, the fringe dwellers lift to a greater height and the expectation is to win and never to be beaten.
I hoped Frawley could do it but I was wrong. I hoped Wallace could do it but I was wrong again. And after 3 years it's obvious that Hardwick hasn't done it.
Rid the club of this disease once and for all.

I attended tonights game in the hope that we'd beat that cheating scum and end their finals dream. But once again after being in front we find a way to lose. Even the most basic of rules that are taught in junior footy, we fail to execute.
It looks as though we have very dumb football players playing for us but I ask would those players made the same fundamental errors if playing at Collingwood or Hawthorn or the Swans.

Its no coincidence that so many promising youngsters with dreams of playing regular finals with an AFL team get ruined by coming to this club. Skill, poise, balance, footy smarts etc. seem to leave when pulling on a Richmond jumper.
It's unfortunate. But facts are facts.       
The club that keeps giving.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Mediocrity still reigns
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:36:58 AM »
You are right mate i just feel for the top 2 or 3 players who bust their backsides week in week out  and reap no reward what so ever good thing for me is we recruited 2 really good  players in Maric and Morris this year and if we add a  couple more this trading session   we are finals bound  we are close indeed 

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:15 AM »
You are right mate i just feel for the top 2 or 3 players who bust their backsides week in week out  and reap no reward what so ever good thing for me is we recruited 2 really good  players in Maric and Morris this year and if we add a  couple more this trading session   we are finals bound  we are close indeed

sorry to tell you, but im more close to scoring a BJ tonight from Sam Lane than we are finals bound my friend

No improvement since last year because are still getting rewarded for Coburg efforts

How can you progress as a club if the coach is best mates with everyone and gifts d graders games every week

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 12:44:49 AM »
Sam Lane :lol I just poo myself. She'd be good in the sack. with Tim supervising of course

good night boys. you lot make me laugh :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »
Sam Lane :lol I just poo myself. She'd be good in the sack. with Tim supervising of course

good night boys. you lot make me laugh :lol

:lol

was about to post mediocrity does reign on tiger forums after losses but then I read this piece of solid gold.  :lol

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 01:12:15 AM »

sorry to tell you, but im more close to scoring a BJ tonight from Sam Lane than we are finals bound my friend

No improvement since last year because are still getting rewarded for Coburg efforts

How can you progress as a club if the coach is best mates with everyone and gifts d graders games every week
i hope BJ doesn't stand for bo jangles the great man wont tolerate sexual advances after a richmond loss

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 01:14:40 AM »
Hardwick and his game game and forward structure is the problem!

Our C,D grade players will always be just that!

He doesn't stick "firecrackers" up Deledio's ar$e or Grigg or Conca or Houli or the list continues ...

But the main problem is Hardwick ... soft as a dove feather, soft as a woman's skin and really in denial within himself and the game plan!

Gigantor

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »
The worrying thing is we lost to a team which had countless players out injured or suspended.Players who i think fill gaps but wont take us forward are Houli,post,mcguane,jackson.mini maric.
I have always believed theres a culture of mediocrity at richmond.I know Benny gale is working on removing this and seems to have been eliminated in the upper echelons of the club ,but maybe hasnt quite reached the playing group yet......damn it we lost a game tonight in the dying seconds.it will either steel this playing group or decimate it

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 01:26:26 AM »
I just think we are mentally weak and crumble under pressure and have little believe.

Gigantor

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 01:28:41 AM »
the way they got that last goal tonight ,to me anayway sums up the RFC of the last 30 years,in a word.................SPINELESS

the claw

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 01:57:50 AM »
this thread is so so funny.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »

Why post in it then??
Go back to your we have no depth mantra

That's it no depth for the last 30 yrs

So every group of players we have recruited in 30 yrs have only been good to make 2 finals in 30 yrs

Got nothing at all to do with development??

Glad we never recruited Buddy, Pav or Rough cause they would've been average at Punt Rd

Spineless bunch at Punt Rd. Everyone's mate needs to look players in the eye or tell them to stuff off like he preached he would

You demand skata you get skata

IMO we need a hard leader of men who demands excellence

Jack x 2 in the leadership group. Hahaha
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »
If their is any consolation in this loss it is the fact that Carlton will get smashed in the finals - and we have prolonged the careers of Ratten, McLean, & Gibbs.

It is a fact that most Carlton Supporters want those people amongst other gone!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
Why? bc you were the only one that saw and expected this? lmao