Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315950 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1995 on: May 02, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »
Have a look at the dogs.

Have a clear direction and players that are relevant to the game plan.

Get with it RFC.

Are the dogs the new yardstick ?

What's a yardstick

A measuring rod

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1996 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:16 PM »
But the play that summed up Hardwick as a coach for me came at the end, after we kicked a goal to get back to within 2 with about a minute and a half or so to go.

Geelong, very predictably sent two back in defence. Now you'd expect the logical response would be to send more forwards to make it one-on-one all over the ground, but not our Damien. He just sat and let it roll. Sound familiar? We win the clearance and the Geelong spares mop it up and the brief chance we had is snuffed out.

Agree with the rest except this. A message can only get sent so quickly. That was the players not the coach. Geelong's players have the experience and the nous that we simply don't. We damn well should, it isn't rocket science but no one was smart enough to go forward and even the numbers except eventually Chaplin but it was way too late.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1997 on: May 02, 2015, 10:02:53 PM »
I'd agree with you but that came after Grigg had a set shot so there was plenty of time to send the runner out and say make sure we set up one-on-one.

Player responsibility as well no doubt but it is the coaches job to train them for that scenario even without a message.

Either way he failed.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1998 on: May 03, 2015, 01:22:55 AM »
Have a look at the dogs.

Get with it RFC.

What's a yardstick

A measuring rod

We're an inanimate carbon rod.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1999 on: May 03, 2015, 07:23:42 AM »
Have a look at the dogs.

Get with it RFC.

What's a yardstick

A measuring rod
How long is it?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2000 on: May 03, 2015, 07:49:07 AM »
I hate to break it to you all but this sacking won't happen this year not unless we cop a Geelong style 2009 thrashing

We are stuck with this spud until the end of the year, and possibly longer

To be honest I don't want him gone now, as it will mean no rance most likely and perhaps  no FA. Let the spud coach out the year, get rance signed up then sack him

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #2001 on: May 03, 2015, 08:05:23 AM »
But the play that summed up Hardwick as a coach for me came at the end, after we kicked a goal to get back to within 2 with about a minute and a half or so to go.

Geelong, very predictably sent two back in defence. Now you'd expect the logical response would be to send more forwards to make it one-on-one all over the ground, but not our Damien. He just sat and let it roll. Sound familiar? We win the clearance and the Geelong spares mop it up and the brief chance we had is snuffed out.

Agree with the rest except this. A message can only get sent so quickly. That was the players not the coach. Geelong's players have the experience and the nous that we simply don't. We damn well should, it isn't rocket science but no one was smart enough to go forward and even the numbers except eventually Chaplin but it was way too late.
2 years or more ago I was one of the first to point out Hardwicks failings as a Coach and said that he he should be moved on asap. You were most vociferous and uneducated in your support of him. I see today your idiocy deepens. You have either never played the game or are too peeweak to admit the fool you are. My bet is on both

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2002 on: May 03, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »
Be bold Richmond, sack him and get Ross Lyon.

Hardwick is killing the players confidence. No one believes in his game plan.

Hardwick refuses to let go of players like Grigg and Newman. Making excuses for their spot in the team!

Damien Excusewick!

Hard? Our players are hard and tough, they can't go any further with his stubborn coach.

Sack Excusewick  :thumbsup

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2003 on: May 03, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »
Actually Grigg was excellent on Selwood yesterday so Hardwick naturally moved him off so Selwood could win the game in the last quarter.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2004 on: May 03, 2015, 10:02:26 AM »

2 years or more ago I was one of the first to point out Hardwicks failings as a Coach and said that he he should be moved on asap. You were most vociferous and uneducated in your support of him. I see today your idiocy deepens. You have either never played the game or are too peeweak to admit the fool you are. My bet is on both

He may have taken that stance but Yeahright is an ok bloke. There's no need for the name calling
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2005 on: May 03, 2015, 10:21:03 AM »

He may have taken that stance but Yeahright is an ok bloke. There's no need for the name calling
ELE?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2006 on: May 03, 2015, 01:05:08 PM »
All this talk of sacking Hardwick and replacing him with Lyon or Thompson is built on the premise that they actually want to coach our club. I have my doubts that they do.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2007 on: May 03, 2015, 01:12:59 PM »
Bomber definitely doesn't....Lyon is anybody's if you chuck enough money at him....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2008 on: May 03, 2015, 01:22:14 PM »

I agreed with the rest and my support for him was based on giving him a crack since we were seeing a linear progression. I have played the game plenty and to a higher level than you ever would have and that is why I know it shouldn't be up to the coach to send players forward when the game is on the line. But I'm guessing you missed me and that's why you have come back just to look for my posts and talk to me. At least have some balls to stick around :wallywink

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2009 on: May 03, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »

LMAO You have won the title of Dr