Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315495 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2055 on: May 06, 2015, 09:14:08 PM »
Hardly a convincing statement, I'm still undecided

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2056 on: May 07, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »
The industry knows internally what we are like despite our boards best efforts in trying to have the club appear otherwise. Hence big name coaches never want to come here and when presented with the opportunity they dismiss it immediately.

Thompson in 1999 is a classic example.
Sheedy always used the Prodigal Son return factor as leverage even though he almost signed in 1999.
The romance was almost there but never materialised.

Roos, Pagan, Parkin, Matthews, Blight heck even Grant Thomas have seen us as fragile.

All clubs are aware of this fragility and always like their chancesagainst us.

Even the opposition hacks see us as their one chance to shine at this level.

I reckon Ross Lyon would enjoy it here

Garbage he'd never come. The more $$$$ they offer a coach the more autonomous that coach will be, doing what we wants how he wants.

RFC want a fledgling assistant who thinks he can do the job and has stars in his eyes optimistic that he will be the man to deliver RFC their 11th premiership. Until his 2nd or 3rd year in when the weight of expectation carries with it the smell of failure and another futile RFC caoching appointment who will never ever get another senior gig.

I think he would want to come.

He is a smart man and knows he will be a God when he lands the 11th premiership.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2057 on: May 09, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
System isn't working and the players can't play it. Refuses to change the system. The players work hard for no reward, ie: goals. The season is over. He had a great opportunity at half time to play attacking football and stuck with the system.

North 13.10 (23 shots at goal for 31 inside 50s)
Richmond 6.11 (17 shots at goal for 33 inside 50s)

13/31 is at 42%
6/33 is at 18%

Hardwick refuses to understand this KPI is the MAIN PROBLEM and every week this has been the problem.

Keep blaming the players and "patches" of bad quarters and funny how it's under your system.

Our players need a smart tactical coach not a stupid accountant.

The main KPI Hardwick: Goals.

I guarantee you Hardwick WILL NOT CHANGE!

SACK HARDWICK!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2058 on: May 09, 2015, 04:10:20 PM »
Joke of a club. Joke of a coach. Same old poo.

I don't know who are bigger idiots. The board for keeping Hardwick it us supporters that keep watching this crap thinking one day it'll be different.
Go Tigers!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2059 on: May 09, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
I think Hardwick has to go now. Not because he's a bad coach, I actuslly rate him. But it seems the players just need a huge change because we do have good talent and there's no reason we aren't a top 8 side. Think what Hinkley did to port.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2060 on: May 09, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
Here we go Here we go Here we go

Here we go Here we go Here we go o

Here we go Here we go Here we go

Here we go Here we go

No More

« Reply #2061 on: May 09, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »
Said it before but still believe we have made major errors with recruitment in terms of the psychological attributes of players. At work we once had a training day which consisted of a personality test to determine introverts and extroverts and those who can be either. The idea being that the best teams consists of a mix of types. I would bet that our squad consists of more introverted personalities than just about many other side.  We see the importance of extroverts where leadership is required and that is clearly missing at the moment. We have a team of really nice blokes which is great if you want their mum's to be happy they are safe and sound away from home but when it comes to players who will drag their team mates across the line then we simply don't have that type of player and until the recruiting staff are jettisoned to another planet we never will.

Underrated post this.

And I'll add, the media were saying the same thing about us in the early to mid 2000s.  And they were right.

It's been a problem that has continued to be ignored

there was a recruiting video before the start of the season. IMHO that video showed some of the reasons why we are so poor. there was too much just waiting for frank Jackson to make a decision, the others showing a lack of surety in what they believed of the players. Just my take it could be wrong but that video didn't fill me with any confidence.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2062 on: May 09, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »
One thing really worries me & l was supporting Hardwick but every time the camera was put on Hardwick today he was doing nothing. Not on his phone barking orders or berating the players for so many dumb things. l said it over the last month but l got a feeling Hardwick is about to walk away from the RFC because the message if their are any just ain't getting through.
l believe the coach has lost the players & they are playing to have him step down or get told to go.
l believe the players are running the club & the RFC ain't getting nothing more from me. l ain't watching that anymore l'm done.  :banghead

dwaino

« Reply #2063 on: May 09, 2015, 05:11:37 PM »
One thing really worries me & l was supporting Hardwick but every time the camera was put on Hardwick today he was doing nothing. Not on his phone barking orders or berating the players for so many dumb things. l said it over the last month but l got a feeling Hardwick is about to walk away from the RFC because the message if their are any just ain't getting through.
l believe the coach has lost the players & they are playing to have him step down or get told to go.
l believe the players are running the club & the RFC ain't getting nothing more from me. l ain't watching that anymore l'm done.  :banghead

Every time I see Hardwick in the box on TV there are only ever 2, maybe 3 others and lucky to have a laptop in sight. Big contrast to other coaches. If he isn't going to do anything in the box he could at least bring a few laptops to play a few LAN games or something.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2064 on: May 09, 2015, 05:14:55 PM »

Every time I see Hardwick in the box on TV there are only ever 2, maybe 3 others and lucky to have a laptop in sight. Big contrast to other coaches. If he isn't going to do anything in the box he could at least bring a few laptops to play a few LAN games or something.

Highly doubt Hardwick's problem is him not coaching via computer read outs enough - quite the opposite in fact. I actually think the one thing we should copy from your beloved Steroid Football League is banning all technology during games and make coaches rely on their instincts & wits again.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Xox

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2065 on: May 09, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »
Rance into the centre was a master stroke.  :wallywink

He has totally lost he team.

How could he not.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2066 on: May 09, 2015, 05:36:07 PM »

Highly doubt Hardwick's problem is him not coaching via computer read outs enough - quite the opposite in fact. I actually think the one thing we should copy from your beloved Steroid Football League is banning all technology during games and make coaches rely on their instincts & wits again.

Which STERIOD FOOTBALL LEAGUE you referring too ?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2067 on: May 09, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
The seppo one dwaino follows...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2068 on: May 09, 2015, 05:55:14 PM »
Hardwick has always been a poor match day coach. Previously he prepared the team well but other teams have caught onto how we play and Dimma's can't adjust

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2069 on: May 09, 2015, 05:56:26 PM »
He did the unthinkable and got us into finals after 12 years.
Then he peaked getting us to the finals after being 3-10.
Sadly his time is up though.
Thanks for the memories.
The wins against the odds in 2010/11. The Sydney one in 2010 comes to mind.
The breakthrough wins v Sydney and Hawthorn in 2012.
The finals drought breaker v Hawthorn in 2013.
The unbelievable one Sydney last year.

It's you not me. That's it all over. Time to believe in someone else till he gets to where you are right now. Brendan McCartney come on down. This is the RFC. You've had 6 years and we are still making the mistakes we made in 2010 and we had a list/ results worse than Fitzroy.

You've done well but its time to go. Now. Bye bye Dimma.