Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315388 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2265 on: June 20, 2015, 07:46:36 AM »

Nearly 6 years on and they still get stage fright and fragile when the spotlights on them . Poor things

So that's Dimma's fault?

You recruit men like Rance, Dusty etc not these fgts who we have who whip out the 4 walls party line every 5 seconds after a loss

After 6 years we are still in that 7-11 bracket and have less assistant coaches than when we started? Awesome.

Answer me why there were 4 tackles inside our F50? His a spud and doesn't demand that kind of intensity.

His message is boring like most accountants, and we are only in the 8 because of blokes like rance and dusty not by any of his efforts

enough is enough after nearly 6 yrs. we will never be able to entice a rossy Lyon to our club but that's exactly what we need, as  these blokes need a rocket up their arse not a soft hug like dimwit gives him

Yeah lads it's a blip no harm done should be good next week. Who we got?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2266 on: June 20, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »
You don't think instilling the right mindset and keeping the playing group up & ready for all challenges is part of a coach's responsibilty? Do you think if they're still pooting themselves six years into his tenure, it's got nothing at all to do with him?

Id like someone to answer this question if they disagree and explain why.

I wait with bated breath.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2267 on: June 20, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »
You don't think instilling the right mindset and keeping the playing group up & ready for all challenges is part of a coach's responsibilty? Do you think if they're still pooting themselves six years into his tenure, it's got nothing at all to do with him?

Id like someone to answer this question if they disagree and explain why.

I wait with bated breath.

It's a fair question, I'd add all team poot themselves - we beat one on their own dirt 2 weeks ago. It's how often they do it which matters.
The response next week is the collective responsibility of players and coaching staff with Dimma the chief
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

No More

« Reply #2268 on: June 20, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »
Yesterday we lost because we weren't hard enough at the contest, we didn't want to run hard enough and the eagles strangled us going forward, they had better forwards and the black guy gave them good advantage out of the middle and around the packs. we lost we should just move on to next week.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2269 on: June 20, 2015, 10:55:11 AM »
Outcoached ...

refuses to tell midfield to work hard both ways ...

plays defensive football from the first minute ...

another loss to a team that only kicked 13 goals ...

doesn't play the attacking way ...

doesn't know what game plan to play ...

very disappointing loss as Hardwick feared West Coast's midfield instead of taking them on ...

played a 3 or 4 man forward line 70% of game time ...

knows Maric is horrible and keeps playing him ...

refuses to play Vickery in the ruck ...

negative football ...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2270 on: June 20, 2015, 10:59:15 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2271 on: June 20, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
Yesterday we lost because we weren't hard enough at the contest, we didn't want to run hard enough and the eagles strangled us going forward, they had better forwards and the black guy gave them good advantage out of the middle and around the packs. we lost we should just move on to next week.

How convenient. Let's not talk about it everybody and just move on.

Must be nice as a coach to have zero accountability.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2272 on: June 20, 2015, 11:09:55 AM »
theres a difference between talking about it and carrying on like a bunch of veruka salts.

sometimes the best thing is to just move on.

no team will ever win every game they play, yet it seems that it is expected of Richmond. If we loose by a small margin we are mentally week, if we lose by a larger margin we are poo.

no one likes losing, but it happens in sport and whining like spoilt little princesses doesnt change it, which is mostly what we get.

Actual discussion of what went wrong and perhaps why is largely replaced by blame and finger pointing, and stinky nappies

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2273 on: June 20, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »
theres a difference between talking about it and carrying on like a bunch of veruka salts.

no team will ever win every game they play, yet it seems that it is expected of Richmond. If we loose by a small margin we are mentally week, if we lose by a larger margin we are poo.

no one likes losing, but it happens in sport and whining like spoilt little princesses doesnt change it, which is mostly what we get.

Actual discussion of what went wrong and perhaps why is largely replaced by blame and finger pointing, and stinky nappies

Yeah you can't win them all but in the context of the clubs season, harwicks tenure and the broader cultural history I dont think its unreasonable to discuss why we lost a game we were favourite to win and never felt like we were in it.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2274 on: June 20, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »
but as i said, there's not too much rational discussion, but more whiney blaming and finger pointing.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2275 on: June 20, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »

With something like this I don't think there's much Dimma can do. He can try his hardest but if they're too soft to handle the pressure then that is their own fault. You can't change much between the ears IMO.
Could our 'character testing' at combines kicked us in the butt? Too many nice guys that are soft as butter? To me that seems a more likely scenario and IIRC that was a Jackson/Hartley decision.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2276 on: June 20, 2015, 05:02:08 PM »

why even bother with a review  :huh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2277 on: June 20, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »

With something like this I don't think there's much Dimma can do. He can try his hardest but if they're too soft to handle the pressure then that is their own fault. You can't change much between the ears IMO.
Could our 'character testing' at combines kicked us in the butt? Too many nice guys that are soft as butter? To me that seems a more likely scenario and IIRC that was a Jackson/Hartley decision.

I think a good coach should get a team to show more conistency and composure by now - f.e. I think Scott has the same issue at North world beaters one week, hacks the next--and they've actually won finals- but he won't take them to next level IMO.
You raise a good point about the recruiting and I hold Jackson and Hartley just as accountable. Funny how we threw those rules out the window for the drafting of Martin though because he was just too good to pass up( think we were expecting Melbourne to take him with one of their two picks) and he probably stands up more than most when we don't play well-  perhaps a lesson that you just pick the best actual footballer available above all other concerns.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2278 on: June 20, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »

I think a good coach should get a team to show more conistency and composure by now

lets go back a step

what about a player on the god dam goal line during a set shot  :huh :huh

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2279 on: June 20, 2015, 05:20:24 PM »

I think a good coach should get a team to show more conistency and composure by now - f.e. I think Scott has the same issue at North world beaters one week, hacks the next--and they've actually won finals- but he won't take them to next level IMO.
You raise a good point about the recruiting and I hold Jackson and Hartley just as accountable. Funny how we threw those rules out the window for the drafting of Martin though because he was just too good to pass up( think we were expecting Melbourne to take him with one of their two picks) and he probably stands up more than most when we don't play well-  perhaps a lesson that you just pick the best actual footballer available above all other concerns.

'uphill skier'

i was thinking watching that game how to hell did melbourne not draft nicnat