Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 314613 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2580 on: October 11, 2015, 07:22:02 PM »
Once again, i didn't post that comment to suggest that I think the best way to win a flag was by strangling teams, simply that it has been done before.
In fact, it backs up my thoughts that going to a Ross Lyon or Paul Roos type of coach at richmond is not the answer.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2581 on: October 11, 2015, 07:25:13 PM »
Yet he's come within a combined total of fourteen points of winning two flags...denied by a flukey toe poke, a blatant poster that was called as a goal before we had goal reviews and an errant bounce in the goal square.....both against sides that were red hot favourites...

He's also had 2 sides that were/are chock filled with talent.
Clarkson would've had 2 flags by now.
Bottom line, he's gone backwards in the past 2 years - they've gone backwards in the last 12 weeks since Richmond handed there arse to em.
No, Freo are gone and the Lyon sympathisers have to stop looking through rose coloured glasses.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2582 on: October 11, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »
Once again, i didn't post that comment to suggest that I think the best way to win a flag was by strangling teams, simply that it has been done before.
In fact, it backs up my thoughts that going to a Ross Lyon or Paul Roos type of coach at richmond is not the answer.

You are sooooo full of.........knowledge :snidegrin.....You should coach the RFC or do you already because you seem to know everything. ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2583 on: October 11, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »
further to the theme, the roos coached 2005 swans are the only premiers in the last 15 years to kick less than 2200 points for the year with 1975
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2584 on: October 11, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »
further to the theme, the roos coached 2005 swans are the only premiers in the last 15 years to kick less than 2200 points for the year with 1975

Assistant  :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2585 on: October 11, 2015, 07:51:47 PM »

You are sooooo full of.........knowledge :snidegrin.....You should coach the RFC or do you already because you seem to know everything. ;D
You got me. My identity is revealed. I am Dimma and this is my futile attempt to save my job from the marauding Ross Lyon from taking over.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2586 on: October 11, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »

Clueless benefactor  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2587 on: October 11, 2015, 07:54:38 PM »

nope.
top job or nothing

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2588 on: October 11, 2015, 07:56:55 PM »
Hardwick is here for 2016. No point talking about coaching change now. I'm going to back him for now. If he fails (no finals success) he is out I would have thought.

There is no point getting the lynch mob out now. It will be futile. Save your energy for 2016 as it may be required. :whistle

Why wait a year? Has three finals losses in a row. Why waste 12 months to deliver the same result or worse still missing out completely? 

Three times in a row.

Who here would go fishing three times on a row at the same spot with no results, and think 'yeah, I'll go back there again because that's the best chance I'll have of success'

Staying on another year has no logic whatsoever. The guy is a ch0de

The same thing will happen and then you all will be like 'we should have ditched him years ago'

Stuffing lmao
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2589 on: October 11, 2015, 08:01:35 PM »
Hardwick is here for 2016. No point talking about coaching change now. I'm going to back him for now. If he fails (no finals success) he is out I would have thought.

There is no point getting the lynch mob out now. It will be futile. Save your energy for 2016 as it may be required. :whistle

Why wait a year? Has three finals losses in a row. Why waste 12 months to deliver the same result or worse still missing out completely? 

Three times in a row.

Who here would go fishing three times on a row at the same spot with no results, and think 'yeah, I'll go back there again because that's the best chance I'll have of success'

Staying on another year has no logic whatsoever.

The same thing will happen and then you all will be like 'we should have ditched him years ago'

Stuffing lmao
Do you really think the club will sack him before the season starts? That's what I'm getting at. It won't happen now so save your energy.
Also I didn't say we had to wait a whole year. If we are 3 and 12 next year he'll be goneski.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2590 on: October 11, 2015, 08:03:14 PM »
fishing analogy is a bit bizarre

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2591 on: October 11, 2015, 08:06:12 PM »
It's not a large pond  :-\
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2592 on: October 11, 2015, 09:43:20 PM »
Yet he's come within a combined total of fourteen points of winning two flags...denied by a flukey toe poke, a blatant poster that was called as a goal before we had goal reviews and an errant bounce in the goal square.....both against sides that were red hot favourites...

He's also had 2 sides that were/are chock filled with talent.
Clarkson would've had 2 flags by now.

Great point - if we were comparing Lyon to Clarkson, instead of Hardwick.

Bottom line, he's gone backwards in the past 2 years - they've gone backwards in the last 12 weeks since Richmond handed there arse to em.
No, Freo are gone and the Lyon sympathisers have to stop looking through rose coloured glasses.

Hmm...so the minor premiers went backwards? Interesting theory....did they lose top spot? Did they go out of the finals in straight sets?....and didn't they play us again since we "handed their arse to them" by a thumping  27 points ....how'd that turn out?  Tell me, what exactly have the Hardwick sympathisers got to hang their hats on?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2593 on: October 11, 2015, 10:30:57 PM »
but what's the point of replacing him with someone whose game style has a low chance of winning premierships?

dont get me wrong, I'm not defending Hardwick, I just dont think Lyon, or his style,is the answer.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2594 on: October 11, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »
Hawthorn are a very defensive side too. There are different forms of defending

Press

Zone

Flood

Pointing and yelling at rance grimes vlastuin to try harder

By kicking at a very high level - maintaining possession - that is a form o defence

Like a well drilled hockey outfit or spainish football team. You can't concede a goal, if you hve the ball. With th me exception of troy Chaplin

With st Kilda, Lyon had a pretty dynamic forward like

If freo kicked smart goal better they could have won one. Fyfe at chf just about got the the line
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus