Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 314535 times)

1980 I Was There

Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2715 on: March 11, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »
If ya gonna slag off at the coach, give a reason ffs.

Fair enough

I dont like the shape of his head

Now if that is the coaches fault, then stuffing say so.

its the fault of the coach
Pretty funny  :thumbsup

1980 I Was There

« Reply #2716 on: March 11, 2016, 05:47:43 PM »
So a coach has nothing to do with the skill level of his team?

Coach & list managers are both culpable for that.
Exactly!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2717 on: March 11, 2016, 05:56:41 PM »
When you're named as head coach, aren't you accountable for everyone?
That's WHY you're the HEAD coach.
So you try and share the blame around, ok that's fine.
Ultimately it's Hardwicks job to know all and instruct all.
They should be acting in accordance with his instructions.
Like I said, get rid of he whole panel.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Mardi Gras Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2718 on: March 14, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »
 :clapping
Spot on, big feller.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2719 on: March 25, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »
Out-coached by a first game coach and his new system.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2720 on: March 25, 2016, 03:39:38 PM »
But still won the game with a less experienced team......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2721 on: March 25, 2016, 04:17:33 PM »

Totally.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2722 on: March 25, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »
Anyone see him on the coaches round table on Fox Footy? At one stage he brought up how he was criticised for not moving Cotchin forward in the EF and his reasoning was that we were getting killed in contested ball and Cotchin was our best contested plater and if he'd moved him out of the midfield we would've lost the c/p count by 50 instead of 30. FFS Cotchin had 9 stuffing possessions.

This to me underlines is his single biggest problem....he relies far too heavily on some stats while ignoring others and he fears making moves during matches because they might fail even more...in other words he'll too often stick something that actually is failing right in front of him rather than risk a potentially worse failure that hasn't even happened yet and still might actually succeed...

To paraphrase Ian Chappell - he's not prepared to lose a game by more in order to try to win it.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2723 on: March 25, 2016, 04:40:18 PM »
Anyone see him on the coaches round table on Fox Footy? At one stage he brought up how he was criticised for not moving Cotchin forward in the EF and his reasoning was that we were getting killed in contested ball and Cotchin was our best contested plater and if he'd moved him out of the midfield we would've lost the c/p count by 50 instead of 30. FFS Cotchin had 9 stuffing possessions.

This to me underlines is his single biggest problem....he relies far too heavily on some stats while ignoring others and he fears making moves during matches because they might fail even more...in other words he'll too often stick something that actually is failing right in front of him rather than risk a potential worse failure that hasn't even happened yet and still might actually succeed...
All fair points.

I'll pass it on to him when I next see him. ;)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2724 on: March 25, 2016, 04:47:43 PM »

This to me underlines is his single biggest problem....he relies far too heavily on some stats while ignoring others and he fears making moves during matches because they might fail even more...in other words he'll too often stick something that actually is failing right in front of him rather than risk a potentially worse failure that hasn't even happened yet and still might actually succeed...

To paraphrase Ian Chappell - he's not prepared to lose a game by more in order to try to win it.

Interesting. I'm not 100% sold but it seems makes sense.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2725 on: March 25, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »

Totally.
Bolts is not exactly a first game coach. Not far off it though.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2726 on: March 25, 2016, 06:46:24 PM »
Stability in Mediocrity
or in Latin.....

"Stabilitatem Mediocres"
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #2727 on: March 25, 2016, 06:50:35 PM »

This to me underlines is his single biggest problem....he relies far too heavily on some stats while ignoring others and he fears making moves during matches because they might fail even more...in other words he'll too often stick something that actually is failing right in front of him rather than risk a potential worse failure that hasn't even happened yet and still might actually succeed...
All fair points.

Ya not one of those coterie wankers who think they know everything are ya?

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2728 on: March 25, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »

All fair points.

Ya not one of those coterie wankers who think they know everything are ya?
He is a good friend of someone I know. :shh

tony_montana

« Reply #2729 on: March 25, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »

Spot on, he also mentioned about players setting up for a turnover when we have the ball.... tipping that has an impact on blunting our attack