Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 314509 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2775 on: April 06, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »
We try playing attacking footy through the corridor and turn it over with poor disposal.. Recruit to fill the need of good kicking players ie. Menadue, c Ellis, Rioli, Lennon.. Probably
Some others I've forgotten. We don't have the cattle to play fast attacking footy.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2776 on: April 06, 2016, 08:39:23 PM »
We try playing attacking footy through the corridor and turn it over with poor disposal.. Recruit to fill the need of good kicking players ie. Menadue, c Ellis, Rioli, Lennon.. Probably
Some others I've forgotten. We don't have the cattle to play fast attacking footy.

I think it's more than poor disposal, it's also poor decision making.

Vlastuin is supposed to be an elite kick but he being let done by his poor decision making under pressure. Ellis B, when recruited was considered an elite kick (long kick I might add) at TAC level but he is failing miserably at AFL level; more so because he wont kick long

Also the good kicking is one of the reasons they got Yarran, as he supposedly an elite kick. Unfortunately we can't get him on the park

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2777 on: April 06, 2016, 08:43:31 PM »
Watching Luke Beveridge on Footy Classified the other night a couple of thoughts occurred to me.

We posters seem to have always had a problem with coming up with alternative senior coaches. Since Hardwick was appointed there have been a few other coaches appointed - Pyke, Bolton, Cameron, Hinkley, Richardson, Simpson and Beveridge. The thing that seems to jump out at me is that they all seem to possess the ability that I consider essential to a good coach - being able to instill their players with the confidence to take the game on. They are all attacking coaches which seems to be exactly what we Tiger fans really want to see. There are some players at their teams that to me were very ordinary but have boomed under their coaching while our good players seem to go backwards.

Unfortunately with a board dominated by accountants and lawyers, I fear Richmond is going to be the last place where a risk is taken in getting any new coaches.
It seems to be a basic rule that it is preferable to wait until there is NO alternative to making a change rather than make a change and be blamed if it does not work.   
Really well said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2778 on: April 06, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »

Vlastuin is supposed to be an elite kick but he being let done by his poor decision making under pressure. Ellis B, when recruited was considered an elite kick (long kick I might add) at TAC level but he is failing miserably at AFL level; more so because he wont kick long

Also the good kicking is one of the reasons they got Yarran, as he supposedly an elite kick. Unfortunately we can't get him on the park

That is true. I'd say most of our players crack with decision making under pressure.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2779 on: April 06, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »

Bellis does kick long, just hardly ever to the advantage of our forwards, rather a blind kick and hope
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2780 on: April 06, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »
It's the coaches directive. Retain possession, dinky 20 metre specials only, don't take risks, show no flare, don't kick long, never take the game on, don't play on, slow the game down, all be good administrators, show no emotion, be a robot.....

Good coaches invent new styles to suit the playing group, good coaches take risks with the squad, good coaches get new ideas & look outside the box.

Some coaches just repeat last years fad & are always a step behind the winners.....

posted image
The club that keeps giving.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2781 on: April 06, 2016, 10:58:21 PM »
Look if he thinks he can win the 2016 flag with a mix of Neil Craig's 2005/6 Crowbots gameplan and Terry's Triangle we should back him in..... :gotigers
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2782 on: April 07, 2016, 04:56:02 AM »
Footy fads go in circles. Richmond are eyeing the 2060 flag so be prepared to have Dimma around for a while. Plenty of time to nail the game plan.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2783 on: April 09, 2016, 02:41:16 PM »
Regardless if Richmond win or lose

Can we win the flag under dh?

I have strong doubts
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2784 on: April 09, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »
His game plan has no defensive side and the unskilled players can't execute his current plan, the just turn the ball over.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2785 on: April 09, 2016, 02:53:12 PM »
Another goal, straight down the ground.....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2786 on: April 09, 2016, 02:54:49 PM »
Benny and penny won't sack him till it's too late ..
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2787 on: April 09, 2016, 02:55:47 PM »
Benny and penny won't sack him till it's too late ..

Jobs for mates
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2788 on: April 09, 2016, 04:08:24 PM »
Adelaide got a good coach

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2789 on: April 09, 2016, 04:10:55 PM »
Not sure about that yet.

What I am sure is that we don't. What a list he has created geez.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.