Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315494 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #735 on: April 06, 2014, 10:47:09 AM »
You obviously didn't see Edwards handball
Under 10,a stuff

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #736 on: April 06, 2014, 10:56:45 AM »
I saw it quite well thanks Jack, just like I saw Ellis' crap attempt at non-marking/tackling and Cotchin's p-poor decision to pass but the only fact of it all is that our attitude for the 1st half cost us the game.  You can't isolate a single decision or action as the sole culprit because by it's nature a different decision or action then implies a complete change of the following decisions and actions.  It's not possible to say what would have happened if Cotchin kicks the goal or Ellis marks the ball as the Dogs might just have easily scored from an ensuing play but what you can say as an absolutely irrefutable 100% accurate fact is that if we had applied ourselves to the whole game they way we did the 2nd half we would have won and won easily.  A 12 goals to 6 second half tells you we were better than them when we applied ourselves but as others have pointed out, for 2014 we seem to think that this sort of application is only necessary for half a game.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #737 on: April 06, 2014, 10:58:53 AM »
Edwards?

Did you see the game WAT? Or just hanging your old mate because we lost?

His lookaway handpass in the dying minutes cost us the game.

Ellis and his inability to back himself and take the mark when he had position comes close as well

Why is the coach got Ellis at full back in the dying stages

Awful match up

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #738 on: April 06, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »
Edwards?

Did you see the game WAT? Or just hanging your old mate because we lost?

Coach your a smart lad I know you don't believe that spud is worth a packet a twisties

One good give to grigg and that's it

Alongside newman he is the most useless in our side

Watch Elliot last night for pies. Similar height and watch how he goes about it or even Paul PuP.

I'm convinced he is tickling dimmas date hence the weekly inclusion

Not saying I rate the kid. Far from it, he was about as useful as t!ts on a bull. Just not sure if WAT saw the game going by a couple of posts in the game day thread. Always dangerous bagging blokes when you haven't seen the game.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #739 on: April 06, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »
With 2 minutes to go where were our numbers behind the ball? How could you let Gia isolated with Ellis. He was never going to win that battle against an experienced forward who had a full tank of energy vs Ellis who had played 4 full qtrs of football.

Hardwick said at the start of his coaching tenure that if you lose by 100 points its a player problem. You don't lose by 100 points when you have good players on the park. If you lose by under 2-3 goals its a coaching problem, a match up change here or a different tactic there probably decided the game.

Last year:
R5 Lost to Freo by 1 point
R16 Lost to GC by 9 points
R22 Lost to Carlton by 10 points
EF Lost to Carlton by 18 points

Win any of those 3 games last year and we make top 4...

This year:
R1 Lost to GC by 10 points
R3 Lost to WB by 2 points

We can't make top 4 after that start 2 games you need to win to get top 4. We may make finals this year and Dimma has done a good job in getting the club where it is but I can't see us going to the next level under Hardwick unless things change. Personally would prefer to see things change rather than a new coach but it needs to happen soon.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #740 on: April 06, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »
I'm off Dimma.
It's Chocco time.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #741 on: April 06, 2014, 12:15:23 PM »
If we're giving the ass to Dimma then I'd hope we'd find someone better than Choco to replace him. Let's not forget the position he put Port Adelaide in.

tony_montana

« Reply #742 on: April 06, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
If we backup and make finals this year, I'll be rapt and he will have done his job. But we're making a meal of it atm. Really needed a good start this season

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #743 on: April 06, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »
If we're giving the ass to Dimma then I'd hope we'd find someone better than Choco to replace him. Let's not forget the position he put Port Adelaide in.

With a flag and a runner up?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #744 on: April 06, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »

Pull your head in, guy. You would have called for his sacking after all the choking he did. One flag, should have had 4. Runner up yep....119 point defeat. Why did they sack him? He was a great coach back in the day. Clearly lost the plot and almost ruined that football club.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #745 on: April 06, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »

Pull your head in, guy. You would have called for his sacking after all the choking he did. One flag, should have had 4. Runner up yep....119 point defeat. Why did they sack him? He was a great coach back in the day. Clearly lost the plot and almost ruined that football club.

Hey, stop whacking posters around the head with your big member.. :lol :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #746 on: April 06, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »
I saw it quite well thanks Jack, just like I saw Ellis' crap attempt at non-marking/tackling and Cotchin's p-poor decision to pass but the only fact of it all is that our attitude for the 1st half cost us the game.  You can't isolate a single decision or action as the sole culprit because by it's nature a different decision or action then implies a complete change of the following decisions and actions.  It's not possible to say what would have happened if Cotchin kicks the goal or Ellis marks the ball as the Dogs might just have easily scored from an ensuing play but what you can say as an absolutely irrefutable 100% accurate fact is that if we had applied ourselves to the whole game they way we did the 2nd half we would have won and won easily.  A 12 goals to 6 second half tells you we were better than them when we applied ourselves but as others have pointed out, for 2014 we seem to think that this sort of application is only necessary for half a game.

I was as frustrated and disappointed with that first half as you were Smokey. You should have heard the spray I gave them as they were coming off the ground at half time. But despite all that, ultimately we were in a position to win it with a four point lead and two minutes on the clock. We were deep in our forward line, and Edwards coughed up the ball by being too cute. If he hadn't failed to execute his skills properly we would have kicked a goal and put the result beyond doubt, denying them the time to kick the two goals necessary to steal it. E

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #747 on: April 06, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »
Is the club under utilising youth?

Mcintosh
McBean
Lennon
Lloyd
Lennon
McDonuts
Gordon
Arnot
Elton
Miles
Helbig
Dea
Bachelor
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:47:53 PM by Judge Roughneck »

tony_montana

« Reply #748 on: April 06, 2014, 03:41:58 PM »
think you answered your own question there JR

under utilising Youth and talent

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #749 on: April 06, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »
Mark Williams is not the answer. Half the reasons he got the arse from Port were the same ones we're bagging Hardwick for - playing favourites/conservative selections/holding back kids, gameplan past it's use by date.

Actually - is it more than just a coincidence Hardwick's selections have become more conservative since he arrival of his former mentor?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.