Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316009 times)

Rampstar

Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #990 on: May 02, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
Fancy naming vickery over Griff.

Confabulation at the selection table

Im just a working class greek boy who went to a public school - what is confabulation?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #991 on: May 02, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »
if the team lose by 15 goals hardwick should resign / be sacked

due to team selection and seeming future side planning

if the team wins i have doubts the senior players will replicate that form more than a short time given the personal

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #992 on: May 02, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »
Dimma may well be correct in his thinking that this years team is better than last years. Last year's side could be sitting near the bottom of the ladder.

You have to keep improving ahead of your opposition, that's the key.

1980 I Was There

« Reply #993 on: May 02, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »
The last time Richmond won more than 15 games in a season was back in 1982, so to improve on last year I would have thought the improvements would need to come in the form of being beaten by lesser margins and to win games by greater margins. Not so much to have more wins on the board like everybody has been saying.

Up until last weekend, our losses haven't been too bad, and it doesn't matter (for the moment of course) who we lost to. The problem with our wins have not been in the fashion of completely sealing the deal and putting the win away with any conviction.

2013 saw our percentage higher than it has ever been since 1982, not because we won more games than any other year, but we won well and lost better.

Even if we were to have 16 wins this year (we won't on current form of course), it doesn't necessarily mean we have improved. The wins may come down to luck on close finishes, like the carlton win which we didn't deserve to win.

What I would find interesting is, if we were to swap all players from say geelong and leave the coaching panels of each club in place, what would happen to the way players would go about it every week.

I really don't think that the current geelong players would start playing like the Richmond players currently do, they would continue playing extremely well, even if the game plan was different from what they were use to.

Then with the Richmond players at a new club, different coaches, how better would they really be, I doubt much would change. Maybe over a few years, that belief may change, but unlikely.

How many players have we let go because they were considered crap or not to fall in with the Richmond needs of the team, and just to watch them thrive at other clubs, and NO I don't mean na stuffing has. This is not solely a coaches and more broadly the RFC's decision, it comes from pressure from supporters and the media as well. So think about that!

Players have to want it more than life itself, but so too does the coaches. I saw it last year and it was building with every match, and this what I believe people were wanting to see improve.

This is not just a "sack the coach" fix like we have always done.

Plus bringing a new coach in, and you face the same old poo, so why bother.

Most of the current players can play, the current coach can coach, we've all seen it and loved it, so it just needs to be fixed, not tossed aside AGAIN and AGAIN.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #994 on: May 02, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »

Im just a working class greek boy who went to a public school - what is confabulation?

In psychology, confabulation (verb: confabulate) is a memory disturbance, defined as the production of fabricated, distorted or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive. Confabulation is distinguished from lying as there is no intent to deceive and the person is unaware the information is false. Although individuals can present blatantly false information, confabulation can also seem to be coherent, internally consistent, and relatively normal. Individuals who confabulate present incorrect memories ranging from "subtle alternations to bizarre fabrications", and are generally very confident about their recollections, despite contradictory evidence. Most known cases of confabulation are symptomatic of brain damage or dementias, such as aneurysm, Alzheimer's disease, or Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome (a common manifestation of thiamine deficiency caused by alcoholism).
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #995 on: May 02, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »
Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome would be the trigger
Caracella and Balmey.

Rampstar

« Reply #996 on: May 02, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »
thanx  ;D

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #997 on: May 02, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
Cool.

It definitely isn't out of the question.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #998 on: May 02, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »

In psychology, confabulation (verb: confabulate) is a memory disturbance, defined as the production of fabricated, distorted or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive. Confabulation is distinguished from lying as there is no intent to deceive and the person is unaware the information is false. Although individuals can present blatantly false information, confabulation can also seem to be coherent, internally consistent, and relatively normal. Individuals who confabulate present incorrect memories ranging from "subtle alternations to bizarre fabrications", and are generally very confident about their recollections, despite contradictory evidence. Most known cases of confabulation are symptomatic of brain damage or dementias, such as aneurysm, Alzheimer's disease, or Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome (a common manifestation of thiamine deficiency caused by alcoholism).
It sounds definitely like another major symptom of tigeritis.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #999 on: May 04, 2014, 04:19:26 PM »
Seriously this guys job must be on the line, I'd doesn't even look like these players are committed, skilled or that they even want to play.

I am actually beginning to despise the RFC and what it apparently stands for.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1000 on: May 04, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »
Seriously this guys job must be on the line, I'd doesn't even look like these players are committed, skilled or that they even want to play.

Wtf r u going on about

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1001 on: May 04, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »

Wtf r u going on about

REALLY.????

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1002 on: May 04, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »
 Don't worry about it, mental illness needs care and tomerance
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1003 on: May 04, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
I thought he coached well today, the sellwood match up worked. Grigg in the centre seemed to work. Match ups in defence worked. I am just disappointed that it took until half time to decide to throw caution to the wind.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1004 on: May 04, 2014, 06:09:11 PM »
Don't worry about it, mental illness needs care and tomerance

Speaking from experience no doubt, funny isn't it, last week my comment would of made sense to the rose coloured glass people. This week the honourable loss fools are out again.

"Rucks: