Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 276034 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
One dead rubber doesn't win the ashes
Get off the merlot and sober up please
You are showing your 30 years of gullibleness
We need to win games that count ie crunch games
This year is a carbon copy of the last 8seasons
Nothing to play for in the last 6 weeks

You're right nothing to play for in the last month.

Why turn up and win meaningless games and provide false hope for next year.

Better if we got thrashed in them and have no expectatations for the rest of this year and next.

Last thing we would want is think we have a chance to beat Carlton in Round 1 2013 when really

we can't even beat the Northen Bullants sustitute quarter time orange peelers 18.

That way we can all preach next year its 31 years instead of 30 years. :lol :rollin :lol

Makes life so much easier that way. :help

Come on Tucker, you cant get really excited about last night. be truthful. Is it not the slightest bit hollow?

For me it is. Yep take the 4 points winning is better than losing, but does it not amuse you when you see jackson and mcguane think they are superstars against a very very poor Brisbane side.

The remaining games dont mean a lot to me to be honest.

What means a lot is seeing kids get games ahead of the same old spuds. Also to beat the Bombers and knock them out of 8 would end the year on a positive note.

Have we improved on last year. Well not yet but id say we will finish the year better, marginally.

For mine until we can make finals and break some embarassing hoodoos i.e Blues, Cats, GC, i wont be getting as excited as others seem to about our 2013 chances.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #181 on: August 05, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

^ some validity mate (re crunch games etc) however the difference to this season and the previous 8 is that we've again pruned some of the deadwood (over 60% of the list turned over since Hardwick got there) and we've been in games/competitive for much longer than previous years...yes the losses have been heartbreaking (and some bordering on inexcusable) but just looking at our percentage shows that we have definitely been more competitive than years gone by...the key now is - get rid of the remaining chumps (you can't delist 40 blokes in one year), make sure the narrow losses drive the club and don't become too "soul sapping" and continue to make good decisions re drafting and trading - i think this is the most important trade/draft period in our history...

Keep getting the right people around Hardwick (eg the Ross Smith types) & I think we are on the right track...don't think anyone could've done much better over the last 3 years based on the previous heirarchy's decisions...
...the fighting fury...

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
Remove your eyes from below and look up you will see the light
LMAO we should have had 12 wins all the reasons why we haven't have been listed by the multitude on this forum
A typical rfc supporter mentality is to accept mediocrity
Top year
We're getting better
Big improvement
Honorable loss
Next year will be better
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:45:18 PM by WilliamPowell »
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »
Why was Craig Cameron sitting next to Hardwick in box seemingly discussing something happening on-field?

Bump
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
Off the topic guys
Primus sacked I hope Hardwick doesn't pursue him we seem to have a lot of sa duds lying around the joint

we have off loaded some duds to them as well

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »
Remove your eyes from below and look up you will see the light
LMAO we should have had 12 wins all the reasons why we haven't have been listed by the multitude on this forum
A typical rfc supporter mentality is to accept mediocrity
Top year
We're getting better
Big improvement
Honorable loss
Next year will be better

How true
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:45:42 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »
Why was Craig Cameron sitting next to Hardwick in box seemingly discussing something happening on-field?

Bump

What's your point he sits in the box every week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »

Bump

What's your point he sits in the box every week
Yep he's done it since 2009. There's footage of Cameron in the coaches box with Jade Rawlings in that Jordie McMahon after the siren goal game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2012, 09:36:01 PM »

Possibly because he is the football manager. :rollin

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2012, 10:38:28 PM »

You're right nothing to play for in the last month.

Why turn up and win meaningless games and provide false hope for next year.

Better if we got thrashed in them and have no expectatations for the rest of this year and next.

Last thing we would want is think we have a chance to beat Carlton in Round 1 2013 when really

we can't even beat the Northen Bullants sustitute quarter time orange peelers 18.

That way we can all preach next year its 31 years instead of 30 years. :lol :rollin :lol

Makes life so much easier that way. :help

Come on Tucker, you cant get really excited about last night. be truthful. Is it not the slightest bit hollow?

For me it is. Yep take the 4 points winning is better than losing, but does it not amuse you when you see jackson and mcguane think they are superstars against a very very poor Brisbane side.

The remaining games dont mean a lot to me to be honest.

What means a lot is seeing kids get games ahead of the same old spuds. Also to beat the Bombers and knock them out of 8 would end the year on a positive note.

Have we improved on last year. Well not yet but id say we will finish the year better, marginally.

For mine until we can make finals and break some embarassing hoodoos i.e Blues, Cats, GC, i wont be getting as excited as others seem to about our 2013 chances.

Not over the moon not by a long shot.

However based on what we have seen this year we will end up with more wins than last year.

A better % too.

Despite some galling losses we haven't been blown away in any game. 44 points being our worse loss and 21 the next worse.

Yep we need to overcome the Carlton's and Geelong's of this world and win some close games and show some poise but that will come.

We'll see about 8 list changes again this year which is what we need anyway.

I'm hoping we can trade away blokes like Jako and Edwards also for handy picks too.

Furthermore a kid like Ellis overall has been good add Conca's improvement and blokes like Batchelor Grimes Helbig came back yesterday, Vickery Foley to come back in.

If Chaplain is coming well there is another big tall defender and we haven't got to trades, drafting or anyone else through free agency and whilst yep I'm gutted we have lost some games this year we had no reason to lose I am still of the belief that we are a shot next year.

Hey Daniel you as most here know I was not convinced by Walla$$ and I voiced my disapproval at the team at the selections and the progress of the club as whole so I am not averse to giving criticism to the club and this was back in 2007 go through my posts however I feel that despite the sentiment of some posters that the club is worse off I am not of that voice and I see far more upside than downside. Its not same old same old but like with all things what I see you may not see yet or some others and that's okay. I just believe we are on the right track.

It has nothing to do with a 48 point win over an experimenting Brisbane nor a big win over the Dogs next week either but it has to do with what I have seen. Our best is brilliant and our poor is diabolical and until we can bridge that gap even more yes we will struggle overall but what this team has had for the most of the year is heart and whilst that may not be reflective in some near misses at least Dimma has them playing for him and whilst Dimma and Benny have the playing list then we are fine. As I said add a few more to the list from the draft and take away few spuds and our list on paper already looks a whole lot better and that for me is better than where I sat 12 months ago given the state of decay and disrepair Walla$$ left the list in.

If people can't look through all the results and see it that way then that's fine also each to their own but I am confident of success and making finals as it turns out, wasn't convinced this year and hence I am not running around thinking the sky has fallen but next year is when I feel the team will show some more marked improvement and come up a few more rungs on the ladder also. :thumbsup

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
What scares me with Hardwick is not what he's throwing out of the house but what furniture that's coming in
Diarrhea
Piva
Verrier
Astbury
Houlli
Little Mac
Relton Robert
 miller
A Maric
Troy Taylor
Etc

I can't see any future in these spuds

I'm worried about our depth I can't see much if injuries hit such as this year

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »
What scares me with Hardwick is not what he's throwing out of the house but what furniture that's coming in
Diarrhea
Piva
Verrier
Astbury
Houlli
Little Mac
Relton Robert
 miller
A Maric
Troy Taylor
Etc

I can't see any future in these spuds

I'm worried about our depth I can't see much if injuries hit such as this year

lol Don't call him Diarrhea
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2012, 01:38:18 AM »
Sorry coach I resented being humiliated and threatened

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2012, 01:45:26 AM »
Sorry coach I resented being humiliated and threatened

I didn't delete your posts. One of the other mods did. FWIW, I think threats on the internet are pathetic.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2012, 09:39:27 AM »
God bless them