Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 276016 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »
I reckon we've broken him. And if WP is right and it's a groin injury then it could be for good.   :whistle

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: May 28, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
I reckon we've broken him. And if WP is right and it's a groin injury then it could be for good.   :whistle

Could be right  :'( Maybe we just need to bite the bullet and trust in the Big O until he is right to go. A fit Big O is a better option than a 70% Maric. We need another ruck talent. For years it has been our Achilles and it doesn't look set to change.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: May 28, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »

Could be right  :'( Maybe we just need to bite the bullet and trust in the Big O until he is right to go. A fit Big O is a better option than a 70% Maric. We need another ruck talent. For years it has been our Achilles and it doesn't look set to change.

Yer just play the Big O. He may struggle but so is Maric. At least by playing Big O we may get our good version of Maric back at some point. Need to recruit a young ruck to develop on the rookie list. I think this years draft needs to be all about midfielders. No more flankers that we hope can play mid. More mids than can fill out the flanks. Then next year trade for a young ruck. Someone like a Zac Clarke or Billy Longer. Big, athletic kid.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #363 on: May 28, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »
Harrdwick is happy to play catch in with injury.

What makes you think he will rest maric?

Quite clear long term is of n importance

Gigantor

« Reply #364 on: May 28, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
So are we saying we are prepared to pee this season down the drain already ,while we play players in the hope they find form,or can fast track their development,because sure as hell I aint.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #365 on: May 28, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »
Harrdwick is happy to play catch in with injury.

What makes you think he will rest maric?

Quite clear long term is of n importance

Cot chin.

Not catch. :o

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: May 28, 2013, 06:55:44 PM »

I think it's called "catastrophising"
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2013, 07:35:32 PM »
So are we saying we are prepared to pee this season down the drain already ,while we play players in the hope they find form,or can fast track their development,because sure as hell I aint.

Not at all. I think the kids I'm suggesting Hardwick gives a go will improve the team both now and in the future. Was listening to Eade an he was saying development and improvement aren't mutually exclusive. We can develop some kids in the ones which will improve our team.

For example

Arnot over Lonergan
Helbig over Nahas
Dea over Petterd

Lesser Extent
McDonough over White

On Par
Griff over McGuane

Not sure who would go out but we need a 3rd KPD in Astbury.

I'm not advocating changing all at once. Just a couple at a time.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »
hardwick cannot coach

all he does is try copy other coaches

has no idea what he is doing and which players to select

he is pathetic and talks the talk

another wallet

Gigantor

« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
Username ...so critical man
offer us your blue print for success

Gigantor

« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »
Tigs...fair points

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2013, 09:57:58 PM »
In some ways Chaplin has improved our team and looks like a great clubman.
The problem in playing him is that guys like Griff have been banished to the reserves.
Our best win last year was against Hawthorn.
Griff was in that team, played down back and played well.
He was instrumental in that 13 second coast to coast goal too.
By playing Chaplin, we have robbed ourselves of playing guys like Griff or even Elton and developing them as the CHB for the next 12 years.  Chaplin has maybe 3 years left if his knee holds up.
I wouldn't have wanted him if I thought he was going to rob the development of our young talls.  Getting a guy like that would be different if we lost the GF last year by a kick and all we needed was a CHB.  We didn't even make the eight so that indicated that we needed to develop our list even further and not to top up.
My 2 cents worth.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »
The problem in playing him is that guys like Griff have been banished to the reserves.
By playing Chaplin, we have robbed ourselves of playing guys like Griff or even Elton and developing them as the CHB for the next 12 years.  Chaplin has maybe 3 years left if his knee holds up.
I wouldn't have wanted him if I thought he was going to rob the development of our young talls.  Getting a guy like that would be different if we lost the GF last year by a kick and all we needed was a CHB.  We didn't even make the eight so that indicated that we needed to develop our list even further and not to top up.
My 2 cents worth.....

Or Astbury.

Or McBean

Or Darrou.

>:(

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »
My 2 cents worth.....

Or Astbury.

Or McBean

Or Darrou.

>:(
I guess the facts are they are not playing well at Coburg. Why would you drop a player that IMO has done a pretty good job for a bloke who has come from another club and is learning our poo style of  playing footy.
If they were killing it at Coburg then fair enough but Griff and more so Astbury struggle to even touch the footy. If they are good enough the rest will take care of itself.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2013, 10:32:15 PM »
Bull twang. If Griff or Astbury were playing decent footy consistantly then they would be in the team.
Bottom line is they aren't. Way too much is beig made of our recycled players. Chappy etc are playing because the young'ns are injured or aren't good enough yet. Lonergan was a mistake but the majority of our recycled players have been worth it and earnt their spots.

Aboslutely nothing wrong with making young players earn their spot through Coburg. In years gone by people complained about young players being gifted games before they're ready. Now people are saying they're not getting a chance. it's crap. Griff looks disinterested at Coburg and Astbruy is comif back from a long lay off. Arnott is close but still to erratic with skills and too hard at the man. He will play soon tho. Mcbean and Mcdonuts still very raw. This argument that the recycled players are stunting the development of our kids is horse poo and im sick of it. Some
Geelong kids have to play whole seasons in the twos becaus it's too hard to get a game int he ones. This doesn't hurt their development.

We're sucking at the moment because our senior players aren't standing up. People are scapegoating our recycled players but they need to look elsewhere.
Add Conca, Grimes and Ellis back into the side and our team is still very young.