Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 276058 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick [merged]
« Reply #3555 on: September 12, 2016, 10:11:42 AM »
Fitzroy had some pretty handy players when they folded ...Boyd , Johnson,  Malloy.

8 of them went to Brisbane as part of the merger.

Primus eventually went to Port Adelaide .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3556 on: September 12, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »
Jack and rance copped a fair bit from the less evolved of the RFC fans - yet he b Ellis comparison is surely a step or two too far

(Claw excluded ,  this was his golden period)
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3557 on: September 12, 2016, 10:17:40 AM »
I'll agree that Dimma has gone backward in regards to coaching and is stagnating.

HE has run out of ideas and cannot seem to think outside the box.

But to say that a man who took us from being the worst team since fitzroy to an actually competitive team has done stuff all is disrespectful imo

He did well for the first 3-4 years at least.

Where are the facts that we were the worst team since Fitzroy when Hardwick took over.

This is an urban myth perpetrated by Hardwick supporters.

When he took over as coach he had Cotchin, Rance, Delido Jack, Edwards ect.

His philosophy was always to play the kids in the first year to pick up some high draft picks not to win games.

even Fitzroy had talent on the list, the rest was garbage...  Our list 5-6 years ago was absolutely putrid aisde from those young players, how people bash the list we have now and deny how extremely poor our list back then was are kidding themselves really. 

If you look back through my posts I am no hardwick supporter, however to say poo like "he cannot coach" is garbage.  just because he isn't good enough to take us furthur doesn't mean he "cannot coach"

People have different opinions. Just because you believe something is true doesnt make it true.

But, at least we are being open and honest in our opinions and we say what me mean.

Like the time someone said the Dimma inherited Richo and Bowden

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3558 on: September 12, 2016, 12:25:37 PM »

He cannot take us further than 13th with a percentage of 79, means he cannot coach.

He has for the previous three years so that is actually incorrect

Rance and Jack were hardly the superstars they are today - in fact they were largely maligned - even hated on this forum...getting the same kind of comments B.Ellis is recieving in 2016.
Edwards was just a very average C grader when Hardwick took over.

Oh come on now

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its true. They were both maligned from a high portion of people (inside and out of this forum) for different reasons. Some people still don't think Jack is a good forward and want to trade him.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3559 on: September 12, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »
Does losing to 9th place Carlton count ?

Need and asterix perhaps
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3560 on: September 12, 2016, 02:40:04 PM »
Lol sorry
2010 won 6 games
2016 won 8 games

We are for all intensive purposes in our contending period, and still cannot maintain finals nor win a final.

2016 list in better shape, coach lost players. Time for change

Correct!

and scored less this year than 2010!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3561 on: September 12, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »
Lol sorry
2010 won 6 games
2016 won 8 games

We are for all intensive purposes in our contending period, and still cannot maintain finals nor win a final.

2016 list in better shape, coach lost players. Time for change

Correct!

and scored less this year than 2010!

Not hard when you turn an 80 goal a year* (potential) full forward into a slim flanker playing up the ground.
Then persist with a lazy flog like vickery who is now leaving and griff who has been completely unlucky his whole career with injuries.
Should've made the hard calls 3 years ago

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #3562 on: September 20, 2016, 09:54:34 AM »
Patrick Smith saying we need to be patient and let Balme and Hardwick gel and need to give them the remainder of the 2 years of the contract.  Be ready for the patience card

:dancing :dancing :dancing
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3563 on: September 20, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »

He cannot take us further than 13th with a percentage of 79, means he cannot coach.

He has for the previous three years so that is actually incorrect

Rance and Jack were hardly the superstars they are today - in fact they were largely maligned - even hated on this forum...getting the same kind of comments B.Ellis is recieving in 2016.
Edwards was just a very average C grader when Hardwick took over.

Oh come on now

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its true. They were both maligned from a high portion of people (inside and out of this forum) for different reasons. Some people still don't think Jack is a good forward and want to trade him.

I know

It was bellis comparison that got me

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #3564 on: October 01, 2016, 05:12:33 PM »
To all those apologists and wankers that think a coach doesn't make a difference to success. 

........ Go Doggies!  :clapping

The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3565 on: October 01, 2016, 05:27:30 PM »
To all those apologists and wankers who continually take cheap shots at those of us who say "clubs have passed us" well here is another one that has. The RFC should be bloody ashamed of the way they have gone about it. Melbourne will have their flag soon enough to.

Keep scoffing at the clubs that have passed us comment, the apologists, RCGG and BB just accept mediocracy. Oh and no, I don't accept Hampson as the answer but like I have said a billion times, he is all we have. What does that tell you of where we are when Hampson is all we have (did well too).

All hail Conca, B Ellis, Batchelor and the others....well done RFC.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #3566 on: October 01, 2016, 05:33:24 PM »
To all those apologists and wankers that think a coach doesn't make a difference to success. 

........ Go Doggies!  :clapping

Yep... plus the support team the coach is in charge of assembling

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3567 on: October 01, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »
To all those apologists and wankers who continually take cheap shots at those of us who say "clubs have passed us" well here is another one that has. The RFC should be bloody ashamed of the way they have gone about it. Melbourne will have their flag soon enough to.

Keep scoffing at the clubs that have passed us comment, the apologists, RCGG and BB just accept mediocracy. Oh and no, I don't accept Hampson as the answer but like I have said a billion times, he is all we have. What does that tell you of where we are when Hampson is all we have (did well too).

Hippocrit. You say this but your need for a Hampson cavaet proves youve compromised yourself.

You have no right to lecture.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3568 on: October 01, 2016, 05:44:06 PM »

Hippocrit. You say this but your need for a Hampson cavaet proves youve compromised yourself.

I think he is off his meds

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3569 on: October 01, 2016, 05:48:06 PM »

I think he is off his meds

He has no right to take the high moral ground with everyone else given all his 'calls' on players.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:10:59 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018