Author Topic: Coburg v Dolphins  (Read 2626 times)

Moi

Coburg v Dolphins
« on: April 30, 2005, 03:44:55 PM »
Just remembered this is on SEN at the moment.
18 mins in 3rd quarter
Tiges 11.4.70
Frankston 7.8.50

Moi

Re: Coburg v Dolphins
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 03:57:22 PM »
3 quarter time

Tiges 12.5.77
Frankston 8.10.58 (coming home with the wind in the last quarter)

Moi

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 04:06:22 PM »
Josh Houlihan goal.

83 to 58 now in the 4th

Go Tiges!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 04:15:16 PM »
Frankston FF just kicked his sixth. 10 mins last qtr.

Coburg Tigers   4.0  7.2  12.5  13.6-84
Frankston   1.5  6.8  8.10  9.11-65

GOALS: Pattison 4 (3 in the third qtr), Roach 3, Rix 2, Rimmington 1, Chambers 1, J.Houlihan 1, N.Raines 1

Most Richmond players doing well. Jackson sounds the best for Coburg. Pattison looks a find as a big man.

Morrison dislocated his finger. Still playing after it was popped back in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »
Foley off with an ankle. Don't know how bad  ???

Moi

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 04:21:47 PM »
They had a short break so, hopefully, they can hang in there.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 04:28:45 PM »
23 mins gone. Coburg hanging on by flooding and rushing behinds. Rix scores a goal on the rebound.

Coburg   14.6-90
Frankston 9.15-69

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg wins by 21 points
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 04:31:27 PM »
Full time:

Coburg Tigers   4.0  7.2  12.5  14.6-90
Frankston   1.5  6.8  8.10  9.15-69

GOALS: Pattison 4 (3 in the third qtr), Roach 3, Rix 3, Rimmington 1, Chambers 1, J.Houlihan 1, N.Raines 1

Moi

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 04:33:52 PM »
Woohoo, go Tiges  :thumbsup

Patto sounds like he'd be a dead cert next week.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 04:53:44 PM »
Patto sounds like he'd be a dead cert next week.

Watch out Troy Simmonds!

Well spoken kid too in his after-game interview. He said Terry and Flood want him to use his motor around the ground more which is what he did today.

Disco Roach said Tom still needs to build up his leg strength. Techno 3 goals in first qtr then faded a bit later in the game. Best position on the wing where he can use his pace. Disco will be paying respects to Richo at the club luncheon tomorrow.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 05:19:04 PM »
Foley off with an ankle. Don't know how bad  ???

Apparently not a ankle. I just caught the last bit of Flood. I think he said the 5 day break put a bit of extra stress on the knee Foley had an op on 6 weeks prior to the start to the season. Just a management issue. If it was the usual 7 day break it wouldn't be an issue.

Next week Coburg is at Punt Road against the Bullants at 11am prior to the Richmond vs Carlton game.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 05:51:10 PM »
Best

(VFL site): Pattison, Jackson, Archibald, Raines, Roach, Morrison

(SEN): Morrison (B.O.G. with a crook finger or wrist?), Foley, Raines , Roach (although his opponent got plenty of it), Pattison

Stats:

No.PlayerKicksH/BallsMarksGB
4Raines1255
8Roach13863
17Morrison21613
23Jackson1252
26Pattison10794 1
29Gilmour1539
37Archibald1044
40Moore16210
41Foley13163

http://coburgtigers.goal.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=94522
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 03:06:25 AM by mightytiges »

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 09:54:31 PM »
Great day for football today and a good game by most of the kids.  They are coming together nicely and are playing some good football.

Best today IMO was pobably Pattison, although Jackson, Foley, Moore, Raines, Gilmour and Roach played well.  Rix and  Jorgensn were the better Coburg listed players.

Pattison played really well today and was everywhere.  He is VERY mobile for a big guy and can really chase and tackle and harass.  Took some nice pack marks and his kicking was very good.  He has definately improved this side of his game.  Was really impressed with a few of his set shots at goal.  If Simmonds has another poor game, then Patto should definately come in and will provide much more to the firsts with his running, jumping, chasing and tackling in the forward line.  We have a likely type here in Pattison and he can really become anything once he fills out.  Exciting.

Foley once again piled on the possessions with ease and was at the bottom of every pack dishing out handballs.  He had the best hands out there by far and never fumbles.  Kept a closer eye on his kicking and I think problems arise when he tries for too much distance as he tends to get under them and kick too high.  His short kicks are quite good.  Came off with an ankle (definately ankle and not knee - saw them strapping ankle) but was ok as he was running on it at the end but didn't come back on.  I wouldn't worry about his size as he is taller and heavier than Krak.  Would love to see him in the firsts and am confident he will impress.  He just knows how to continually find the footy.

Moore started in the forward line in the first half and was completely lost.  He then went into defence and was the best player in the second half.  Was taking mark after mark by brilliant reading of the play.  While others were lost with the flight, Moore was simply positioning himself and plucking them from the sky.  He is a natuaral defender so why play him up front.  He is cool and has great skills and set up numerous passages of play.  If he had payed down back for the entire game he would have easily been BOG.  DEFINATELY play him in the firsts ahead of Kellaway and Graham.

Jackson and Raines started off slowly as would be expected from spending so much time on the bench of late, but gradually became much better as the game went by.  Their second halves were great.  They were both doing alot of strong pack busting in the middle and delivered really well long into the forward line.  They are very strong and powerful boys, and could go back to the firsts depending on what Wallace is planning.  Wouldn't mind them playing a few more for Coburg as they were was starting to take control of the game near the end.  Good signs with both.  Raines took a couple of great marks on the wing and won some hard balls which had the crowd on it's feet.

Roach started like a house on fire with 3 quick goals and really got the momentum going for the boys, but then faded.  He has bulked up considerably but needs to go in harder and keep his head over the ball.  Looks good when he has the ball out in the open running, but his kicking is a bit scratchy.  better performance today though.

Gilmours game today showed me that this kid can be something.  He has great skills and reads the play really well.  Was magnificent in the first quarter and was congratulated by Terry Wallace just before the quarter time huddle.  He was a bit quieter then after but still solid and did what was expected.  He has great skills and is well balanced.  His field kicking from defence set up numerous attacks and took some nice marks also.  I beleive Terry is moulding Gilly and Meyer as
running backmen and wants to utilise their brilliant skills out of the backline.  Is doing well, much better than what I saw of him last year and was the best game I've seen him play.  Could be ready for promotion but wouldn't be disappointed if he wasn't as he's coming along nicely.

Archibald spent alot of time on the bench, then to my surprise was played on the ball and in the centre square.  Further to my surprise he won quite a few clearances.  Have no idea what they are planning to do with Archi, but must admit he looked better as an on-baller than a KPP.  I think he really struggles to read the play and the flight of the ball but really likes the in tight stuff. 

Morrison was much better today and did ok in defence getting quite a few possies.  He really struggles to take a mark however.  Think he's too soft for the big time.

Schulz didn't play

From today's game I think Moore is definately ready for a call up, also Pattison and Gilmour could be looked at for a debut.  Foley should be promoted and Jackson and Raines can also be called up depending on TW's plans, however I would prefer they had some more FULL games as they really played well near the end and were taking control of the game.

Schulz, Hartigan, Moore, Pattison, Raines, Jackson, Gilmour, Roach, Foley.  The pressure is building.

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Moi

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 10:16:06 PM »
  ;D ;D Great report Harry  ;D ;D
So many young kids doing well, putting pressure on the seniors.  Good to see Patto continue on when he could have dropped his head after disappointment of not getting a game this week.  Unless everyone plays blinders tomorrow, is good to see him pressuring the likes of Simmonds etc.  Really pleased for Moore too who seems to be a forgotten entity of late.  I think he shows a bit as well.

I can live with disappointment of a bad season if i can see the future, and it looks pretty good at the moment.

Thanks Harry for the effort to do all that  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 02:52:16 AM »
Great report Harry  :bow  :thumbsup.

Our depth although still based around youngsters is developing nicely. Fingers crossed we will look back on the last two drafts (and this year's with a couple more talls) as the defining moment the Tiges got their act together.

Really pleased with Jackson and Raines. They could have dropped their heads after being dropped from the seniors but instead showed alot of personal pride and character to use their run at Coburg to show what they are capable of when given a full game.

Pattison has had by all reports 3 good games in a row and at only 19 looks like we've found our future CHF. He's showing why we passed on Cameron Wood and went for him with pick #16. As you say harry Simmonds better deliver today as we'll have to reward this kid's talent and form.