Author Topic: Moore and Miller Retire [merged]  (Read 3051 times)

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
  • I never worry about action, but only inaction
Re: Moore and Miller Retire [merged]
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 06:40:13 PM »
we were desperate and still are for a big man up forwad
we tried all men above robin nahas height for chf once vickery went down
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

the claw

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »
He rolled the dice and came up way short

I wouldn't say that, he came back from where no one thought he could. Thats not coming up way short.

on miller well imo we had him one yr too many. one can understand the good reasons why we needed a mature tall forward 2 yrs ago. no one was ready apart from jack. 

two blokes retired they werent pushed. two blokes who we may have  hung onto imo, especially moore.

So we wasted 10 games on him this year when we could've played McGuane?

Am I the only one who thinks these retirements weren't done without a bit of a push?
we wasted 10 games on him and another 6 on mcguane when we could have been getting games into kids and untried footballers.
these blokes have got a game because they the club  obviously think they have more to offer atm than kids.ive seen nothing this yr to suggest the kids will actually offer more than both of them  next yr either. the only thing going for them is they are one yr older and one more preseaon behind them.

they retired the club waited two yrs for moore to get his body right.  now that hes back playing footy afer two yrs and showing enough signs that he can still play they push him out the door you have to be kidding me right. moore retired of his own bat.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »
Cheers boys. Miller tribute thread pending.Moorey, good on ya. Worked his ass off to get back and play a few games for us. That has to be admired

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 08:10:08 PM »
Hmmmm Nah

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
Cheers boys. Miller tribute thread pending.Moorey, good on ya. Worked his ass off to get back and play a few games for us. That has to be admired

Can't wait ;D
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »

I wouldn't say that, he came back from where no one thought he could. Thats not coming up way short.

I thought he'd be screwed with the damage to his hips and he was.
As much as we might love Kelvin, playing elite senior football is the only criterion for his comeback. And it was excruciating to watch.
Therefore he rolled the dice and came up short.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 09:30:50 PM »

on miller well imo we had him one yr too many. one can understand the good reasons why we needed a mature tall forward 2 yrs ago. no one was ready apart from jack. 

two blokes retired they werent pushed. two blokes who we may have  hung onto imo, especially moore.

So we wasted 10 games on him this year when we could've played McGuane?

Am I the only one who thinks these retirements weren't done without a bit of a push?
we wasted 10 games on him and another 6 on mcguane when we could have been getting games into kids and untried footballers.
these blokes have got a game because they the club  obviously think they have more to offer atm than kids.ive seen nothing this yr to suggest the kids will actually offer more than both of them  next yr either. the only thing going for them is they are one yr older and one more preseaon behind them.

they retired the club waited two yrs for moore to get his body right.  now that hes back playing footy afer two yrs and showing enough signs that he can still play they push him out the door you have to be kidding me right. moore retired of his own bat.

who would of you played this year as CHF?
i dont believe they were pushed out the door, more told that they won't be getting games next year and they decided to pack it in.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »

I thought he'd be screwed with the damage to his hips and he was.
As much as we might love Kelvin, playing elite senior football is the only criterion for his comeback. And it was excruciating to watch.
Therefore he rolled the dice and came up short.

Well just in my opinion, coming back from injury just to play senior football was extraordinary and above many peoples expectations

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »
Good luck to both boys.

Thanks for the service.

Especially Moorey. Bloody great achievement to come back and play after what he went through.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »

Miller was lucky to get a 2nd shot. Offered little.

Don't think the player group would agree with you there.

Brad Miller was bought to the Club for a specific reason/purpose and fulfilled that role exactly the way the Dimma wanted

Fair enough, they'd know more than me but from an external viewpoint ultimately didn't have much impact on our fortunes.
My belief is the space taken up by 2 years on the rookie list may have unearthed a player who could take us forward.

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
  • I never worry about action, but only inaction
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »
Looking at our rookies I believe we may have done worse
Our rookies need a lot of work and I'm still not confident of any success stories coming out
Maybe Verrier or the GT Gibson Turner
We had to be loyal to Moore but Miller I never liked the idea of rookieing him
We need to chase big blokes but they are scarce or too expensive if they have one iota of ability
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »
Could have given ohanlon a big taste of senior footy.

Would have done him a world of good

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:44 AM »
Could have given ohanlon a big taste of senior footy.

Would have done him a world of good

Have to remember Bents that the roles Miller and O'Hanlon (or many others for that matter) have are very different within the team structure so it's not as simple or convenient as swapping one out for the other.  Miller was only taking the place of a few possibles - Griffith, Vickery, Elton, McGuane, Derrickx - so until one of them stepped up or recovered from injury then he was rarely taking the place of a kid who needed (and was ready) for the senior development.

Tigermonk

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2012, 09:17:32 AM »
 :sleep  :sleep  :sleep  :sleep Retired  :shh  Shoved out the door  :lol 

Moore is another example why you dont keep injured players around the club. many years of nothing in return.
Richmond simply make very bad decisions & never learn from them. Griffiths will be another. Conners another  wasted space.

As l said previously, Miller had his papers stamped go back to Melbourne long ago, Pia will be the only one missed around the club. They can go back to Melbourne as that was another example of bad football admin choices. Could have picked a young up coming talent who had more desire to play AFL football.

If this club continues to make bad decisions, we will become just like Melbourne, Bulldogs, St-Kilda & may well stop trading.
They suck money out of the sporting fans like we are some english premier league club & promise things will get better & the same mistakes are being made 10 years onwards.

if we dont play finals next year, l will donate all my Richmond Collection to Carolyn Wilson & never support the club again. PROMISED  :banghead (except my Trent Cotchin frame )  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:53:08 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
Why Caro? :lol