Author Topic: 2012 Richmond Delistings [merged]  (Read 31914 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: 2012 Richmond Delistings [merged]
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »
Derickx and Post should receive another year, White shop around with or offer another year and McGuane Rookie List or shop around with too.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2012, 01:10:06 PM »
Derickx and Post should receive another year
Based on what?

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »
Based on what?

Based on knowing 100% what they can bring. No one knows 100%. They think they do but they know they don't  8)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »
Based on what?

Based on knowing 100% what they can bring. No one knows 100%. They think they do but they know they don't  8)

I asked Torch not you because we all know you've lost the plot

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2012, 01:32:39 PM »
Based on what?

I asked Torch not you because we all know you've lost the plot

I'm one who hasn't lost it. I'm not a completely negative tosser :)

the claw

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
Based on what?
hmm for post at least.
1/  age hes only 22.
2/ the lack of genuine tall defenders on the list even if chaplin comes.
3/ i reckon theres is some decent signs that post will be a decent player. one more yr is warranted but no improvement next yr would see him get the chop.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »
Based on what?

Derickx has more mobility than Graham, Graham surely is GONESKI!

Post as depth key position player, he will be fighting with Astbury, Elton, Griffiths next year as that KPP and can create selection pressure if (IF) he gets aggressive!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2012, 11:48:41 PM »
Tigers Matthew White, Jayden Post and Tom Derickx are believed to be in talks about remaining at the club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148246/default.aspx

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2012, 12:14:52 AM »
1/  age hes only 22.
3/ i reckon theres is some decent signs that post will be a decent player. one more yr is warranted but no improvement next yr would see him get the chop.

He's worse than McGuane at the same age and you're defending him?! You've changed.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
Post and McGuane were only getting games as they were being shopped around, shame they couldn't show a bit more

the claw

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2012, 04:15:40 PM »
1/  age hes only 22.

He's worse than McGuane at the same age and you're defending him?! You've changed.
whos defended anyone. and no i havent changed. i think it prudent to give him one more yr. i usually give 195cm plus players plenty of time. there have been plenty of good glimpses from this bloke mixed in with the crap.
like most i have grave concerns unlike most i think or hope he can go up a gear or two and improve.
would certainly keep a 30 game  4 yr player over a 90 odd game 8 yr player. at least with post there is scope for improvement.

again why would we keep him
1/ hes only 22 a lot of times it takes really tall players till age 24 before they click.
2/ the lack of genuine tall defenders on the list we have just 4 including the rookie darrou of which   post is one of them.
3/  as i have said i reckon there is an upside to him and there have been good glimpses mixed in with the real ordinary one more yr when all is considered is not unreasonable.  if he cant sort out his weaknesses next yr well and good give him the flick.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »
Post's closing speed is 'glacier-like'. How is this going to increase with age? :huh3

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
1/  age hes only 22.

whos defended anyone. and no i havent changed. i think it prudent to give him one more yr. i usually give 195cm plus players plenty of time. there have been plenty of good glimpses from this bloke mixed in with the crap.
like most i have grave concerns unlike most i think or hope he can go up a gear or two and improve.
would certainly keep a 30 game  4 yr player over a 90 odd game 8 yr player. at least with post there is scope for improvement.

1/ hes only 22 a lot of times it takes really tall players till age 24 before they click.
2/ the lack of genuine tall defenders on the list we have just 4 including the rookie darrou of which   post is one of them.
3/  as i have said i reckon there is an upside to him and there have been good glimpses mixed in with the real ordinary one more yr when all is considered is not unreasonable.  if he cant sort out his weaknesses next yr well and good give him the flick.

Yet you lay into Vickery who is younger and taller? And want to trade Rance when he is only 2 months older and light years ahead of Post?

tony_montana

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
1/  age hes only 22.

Yet you lay into Vickery who is younger and taller? And want to trade Rance when he is only 2 months older and light years ahead of Post?

Yeah but they have clear identifiable weaknesses that claw can see will never improve  :shh

tony_montana

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
Post's closing speed is 'glacier-like'. How is this going to increase with age? :huh3

;D