Author Topic: 2012 Richmond Delistings [merged]  (Read 31868 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2012 Richmond Delistings [merged]
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2012, 06:51:57 AM »
Do you think they will trade Post to North for Edwards?

Hope not, Post is a young KPP who has not fully developed. He could be vaulable in the right environment
Should trade our latest pick or grab him once delisted- stuff north melbourne

Edited: for avoiding swear filter
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:53:49 AM by WilliamPowell »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2012, 09:11:42 AM »

Hope not, Post is a young KPP who has not fully developed. He could be vaulable in the right environment
Should trade our latest pick or grab him once delisted- stuff north melbourne

Edited: for avoiding swear filter

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »

We should let them delist him instead. They can't be asking for a player for someone they wanted to delist

gerkin greg

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2012, 10:17:21 AM »
Norf werent going to delist Edwards  8)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »
Down to 3 free senior spots and thus 3 draft picks. Hartley said we'll be using 4 so something else has to happen.

dwaino

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2012, 01:01:46 PM »
Down to 3 free senior spots and thus 3 draft picks. Hartley said we'll be using 4 so something else has to happen.

I remember him saying that. Unless the Edwards trade wasn't planned. The past two seasons we elevated Miller. Maybe when Edwards became available they used their 1-1000 score system to compare the value of Edwards + who ever gets the pre-season elevation against who we could draft at 43.

Wasn't White given permission to explore free agency?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »

I remember him saying that. Unless the Edwards trade wasn't planned. The past two seasons we elevated Miller. Maybe when Edwards became available they used their 1-1000 score system to compare the value of Edwards + who ever gets the pre-season elevation against who we could draft at 43.

Wasn't White given permission to explore free agency?
Clearly no other club wanted him if he was.

You may be right about the 1-1000 score system for pick 43. Perhaps we consider the trade overall a swap of Edwards for Gus lol. I don't rate Edwards but he's a list upgrade on Gus for sure.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2012, 02:03:37 PM »
Out of contract Post remains a Tiger along with McGuane, White and Derickx. Unless of course we delist any of them.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »
Out of contract Post remains a Tiger along with McGuane, White and Derickx. Unless of course we delist any of them.
They want 4 picks in the draft, so either Newman to be vet outside senior list or one of these blokes get the boot.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2012, 02:48:52 PM »
They want 4 picks in the draft, so either Newman to be vet outside senior list or one of these blokes get the boot.

And how many times do we need to be told this.

:lol

until people start to stuffing understand  :banghead

;D

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »
I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the same story regurgitated....

Im a man of principles.....and a man who doesn't have a lot of time......nurture me FFS  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
7 Out: Moore, Connors, Webberley, Browne, MacDonald, Graham, Post

3 In: Knights, Chaplin, Edwards

We now have the needed four spots on our senior list freed up which means we can use those 4 draft picks - 9, 32, 34, 43.

Add delisted rookies A.Maric, Miller, Turner and Wright and we've moved on 11 players in total.

the claw

« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

We now have the needed four spots on our senior list freed up which means we can use those 4 draft picks - 9, 32, 34, 43.

Add delisted rookies A.Maric, Miller, Turner and Wright and we've moved on 11 players in total.
ya know with the 7 outs and the 4 rookies if you look real close we have lost nothing by them going. the only one with a decent upside imo was post a bit stiff me thinks.

miller well he served his purpose m,aric turner and wright we lost nothing. theres 11 that had to go the trouble is there are still others that need to go just like them.
still believe one more possibly two from the list proper was the way to go.
it would have allowed for 1 more nd pick on a mature player and allowed us to look strongly at a retread whos been recently cut. we continue to over rate too many of the players.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2012, 05:53:03 AM »

ya know with the 7 outs and the 4 rookies if you look real close we have lost nothing by them going. the only one with a decent upside imo was post a bit stiff me thinks.

miller well he served his purpose m,aric turner and wright we lost nothing. theres 11 that had to go the trouble is there are still others that need to go just like them.
still believe one more possibly two from the list proper was the way to go.
it would have allowed for 1 more nd pick on a mature player and allowed us to look strongly at a retread whos been recently cut. we continue to over rate too many of the players.

11 cuts from 44 is about a 25% cull. I don't think it's an issue of over rating - just playing the best game with cars dealt.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
Got this in the mail this morning.... ;D