Author Topic: 2012 AFL Draft  (Read 35583 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: 2012 AFL Draft
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 05:50:16 PM »
Someone give it to me straight. Are we going to get a poo-hot midfielder this year with pick 9?

In a word, no.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
 >:(

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 06:59:05 PM »
Someone give it to me straight. Are we going to get a poo-hot midfielder this year with pick 9?

Yes Uncle Bill  :yep

Ps - Don't listen to Mrakov, he's gone troppo

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
i like the sounds of that Oliver Wines. any chance he will still be available at our pick?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
In a word, no

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 08:21:36 PM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 08:51:49 PM »
i like the sounds of that Oliver Wines. any chance he will still be available at our pick?

Not prominent enough body, needs aging before he opens.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »
Been researching Dayle Garlett and would love to get him with Pick 9. This from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JT1OkosP8

Can play in a variety of positions and has speed to burn. Rory Atkins (mid) and Liam McBean (Ruck/Key) with our two 2nd round picks and I would be very happy.

And he's an indigenous boy who is keen to play with an interstate Club:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/garlett-seeks-a-better-state-20120702-21daf.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »
Been researching Dayle Garlett and would love to get him with Pick 9. This from last year:

Can play in a variety of positions and has speed to burn. Rory Atkins (mid) and Liam McBean (Ruck/Key) with our two 2nd round picks and I would be very happy.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/garlett-seeks-a-better-state-20120702-21daf.html
The question mark on Garlett is his attitude. Of course the likes of Buddy also had questions marks over their attitude prior to being drafted  :P so it's up to the Club to do its homework and sort out if it's just 17 year old immaturity which will right itself as he develops in a strong AFL club environment away from poor influences or he's another Connors.

As for those couple of phantom drafts from BF - I would be disappointed if we used pick 9 on a kid who is only 174cm tall. At that size you need elite speed and skills and a stocky body to make a long career at AFL level IMO. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »

The question mark on Garlett is his attitude. Of course the likes of Buddy also had questions marks over their attitude prior to being drafted  :P so it's up to the Club to do its homework and sort out if it's just 17 year old immaturity which will right itself as he develops in a strong AFL club environment away from poor influences or he's another Connors.

As for those couple of phantom drafts from BF - I would be disappointed if we used pick 9 on a kid who is only 174cm tall. At that size you need elite speed and skills and a stocky body to make a long career at AFL level IMO.

In my phantom draft I gave him to Poort.  :lol

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »
you don't necessarily need to be stocky, particularly if you are quick (of mind and body) and agile.

I do agree though, using a first rounder on someone that size is a big risk.

considering the body types we have taken in the last two drafts, i would be surprised if we used our first pick on him.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
I think we will pick Wines or Vlastuin. Both could be ok players in the AFL but both lack in speed and pace IMHO. Richmond needs to get some quicker players we seem to be getting one paced ie. Conca, Ellis etc. adding either Wines or Vlastuin will not help our situation in terms of speed over the ground.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 06:00:16 PM »
I'd take a natural footballer over a fast athlete any day.

If you had a natural footballer that was a fast athlete, well thats a different story......
pretty rare though

Ruanaidh

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »

Garlett is 181cm??? .....and his 'attitude' issue was only minor apparently.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »
I think we will pick Wines or Vlastuin. Both could be ok players in the AFL but both lack in speed and pace IMHO. Richmond needs to get some quicker players we seem to be getting one paced ie. Conca, Ellis etc. adding either Wines or Vlastuin will not help our situation in terms of speed over the ground.
Garlett or Kennedy - both are very speedy. And I agree that's what we need to compliment or replace Foley when he is injured.