Author Topic: Mitch Morton  (Read 14248 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Mitch Morton
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 08:43:09 PM »
You blokes going to be in denial for a while by the look of things.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 08:51:29 PM »
Probably the luckiest recipient of the Premiership Medal in living memory. My heart broke for Richo when he interviewed him.

Cam Mooney, North Melbourne ;)
Aaron Keating Crows

Leon Davis. Didnt even play in a winning side.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »
Congrats to Mitch. All about being in the right place at the right time. If McGlynn hadn't done a hammy Morton wouldn't have got the opportunity. Interesting comment Mitch made after the game with Richo about his Swan teammates not trusting him midway through the year.

Actually MT Mitch replaced Tommy Walsh after Sydney's Round 23 game against Geelong before
McGlynn got injured in the Qualifying Final. He has managed to keep his spot for all 3 finals.
Thing about Sydney is they make very few changes one here and one there horses for courses and when a player is selected he understands his role to a tea.
Good luck to Mitch if he had this attitude at Richmond he might still be here but realising that your career at your third league club is at the cliff face he needed to meet the challenges set out for him. Good for him. He will now always be remembered as a premiership player.
Still think if Gary Rohan was fit he might not have played

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »
Not sure what the fuss is about MM, he will be extremely lucky to be part of the Swans top side next year.  He was drafted as a depth player and has proven his value in the last few weeks in this capacity.  RFC dont need depth players at this stage we need 22 players capable of playing at the top level consistently.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:20 PM »
Congrats to Mitch. All about being in the right place at the right time. If McGlynn hadn't done a hammy Morton wouldn't have got the opportunity. Interesting comment Mitch made after the game with Richo about his Swan teammates not trusting him midway through the year.

Actually MT Mitch replaced Tommy Walsh after Sydney's Round 23 game against Geelong before
McGlynn got injured in the Qualifying Final. He has managed to keep his spot for all 3 finals.
Thing about Sydney is they make very few changes one here and one there horses for courses and when a player is selected he understands his role to a tea.
Good luck to Mitch if he had this attitude at Richmond he might still be here but realising that your career at your third league club is at the cliff face he needed to meet the challenges set out for him. Good for him. He will now always be remembered as a premiership player.
Still think if Gary Rohan was fit he might not have played
That's true Tucky but I reckon if McGlynn had been right to play then Morton would've made way as he played McGlynn's role today whereas say a Parker who was the sub is more a midfielder. Anyway it doesn't matter as Mitch played today and has his premiership medallion that nobody can take away from him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 11:52:51 PM »
Probably the luckiest recipient of the Premiership Medal in living memory. My heart broke for Richo when he interviewed him.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2012, 11:55:14 PM »
Why did he say the Swans players didn't trust him?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »

He's a lunch box our Mitchy.  :whistle

:banghead
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:02:19 PM by WilliamPowell »

TigerTimeII

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 06:26:54 AM »
Bec he was a selfish player but bet so was kb Wayne Wayne carey voss and the list goes on....
MM earned his spot and deserved his medal and good on him and shame on the Tigers for not being able to coach him as Sydney have and keep a midget like nahas who keeps falling over v big bodies in the team.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 08:45:51 AM »
"Buy in," he replied when asked what it was that his teammates  demanded of him at that fateful meeting.

"I thought I was but this club and these players demand more of players than I've seen in my life.

"The demands they put on each in terms of time, work rate and intensity and hitting into the contest … I've never been a part of something like it and it took me a while to get used to it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148867/default.aspx

I hope the richmond players read and take note of this.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »
"Buy in," he replied when asked what it was that his teammates  demanded of him at that fateful meeting.

"I thought I was but this club and these players demand more of players than I've seen in my life.

"The demands they put on each in terms of time, work rate and intensity and hitting into the contest … I've never been a part of something like it and it took me a while to get used to it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148867/default.aspx

I hope the richmond players read and take note of this.
Well well well....
Mitch played 12 games in 2010, 9 in 2011 for us.
He played the whole season in the seconds at Sydney finally getting a game at the end of the season.

It's clear that the swans have a standard at their club that we as supporters have been hoping for years that our club would one day try to attain.
It's high standards that rids the stain of mediocrity. It's about getting everyone on board as soon as they walk in the door.
Clearly things have improved at Richmond but unless they continually raise the standard and abhor mediocrity we will all be dreaming and hoping about success whilst teams like the swans and the hawks demand it and attain it.
The club that keeps giving.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
Can't believe we let this guy go. Is a much better player than Nahas, Edwards and King and that cannot be disputed. Kicked two goals in a GF which is two more than those other 3 have or will if they had the chance.  :banghead

Who Is running this club FFS  :banghead

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »
Can't believe we let this guy go. Is a much better player than Nahas, Edwards and King and that cannot be disputed. Kicked two goals in a GF which is two more than those other 3 have or will if they had the chance.  :banghead

Who Is running this club FFS  :banghead

He's poo!

He kicked 2 goals.. He will do that once a month!

He's the slowest player in the AFL.

Get over it! Mcguane >>>>>>>> Morton

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
You think if he was at Punt Rd he would be any better

NO

they have something all clubs strive for

Good on him could've cried like a biatch playing reserves but instead worked hard and he has a medal around his neck

Whoever said he was gifted that medal are kidding themselves

He played well week in week out in the reserves and deserved his spot

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »
You think if he was at Punt Rd he would be any better

NO

they have something all clubs strive for

Good on him could've cried like a biatch playing reserves but instead worked hard and he has a medal around his neck

Whoever said he was gifted that medal are kidding themselves

He played well week in week out in the reserves and deserved his spot

He's poo

Glad we got rid of him. Complete knob.