Author Topic: Mitch Morton  (Read 12768 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Mitch Morton
« on: September 10, 2012, 11:11:44 AM »
It was great to see Mitch Morton up and about, reading the HS today and how they have got him "doing things differently" more in line with their way of thinking etc.

ooooooh and it makes me wonder (c Stairway to heaven excerpt)

I hope he gets a Premiership Medal to hang around his neck.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Mitch Morton
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
It was great to see Mitch Morton up and about, reading the HS today and how they have got him "doing things differently" more in line with their way of thinking etc.

He kicked 2 goals FFS. He's done that how many times for us? He will go missing in the Prelim mark my words.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »

He kicked 2 goals FFS. He's done that how many times for us? He will go missing in the Prelim mark my words.

At least he is in the prelims, we shall see

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »
Wasn't his two goals that impressed it was his hardness at the contest and his one per cent ers... Best game I have seen him play

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
Wasn't his two goals that impressed it was his hardness at the contest and his one per cent ers... Best game I have seen him play

I am with you there, Is it because Sydney have bought this out in him and if he wants to play they (the players and coaches) demand that work ethic?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »

Nowhere near the best game I've seen him play, he's done the "hardness" and "one-percenters" thing at times with us too.  Just not anywhere near often or consistently enough to justify persevering with.  If he was so much better since leaving us then he wouldn't have languished all season in the seconds and he wouldn't have been dropped after his last game, only to get a reprieve on Saturday when Walsh was a late withdrawal.  Good luck to him and I hope he can get a premiership medallion but if he does it will be because of injury and luck, not his superior form or improvement.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
Played well enough but is the same player that he's always been. Only got as game through injury but best of luck to him.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »

Nowhere near the best game I've seen him play, he's done the "hardness" and "one-percenters" thing at times with us too.  Just not anywhere near often or consistently enough to justify persevering with.  If he was so much better since leaving us then he wouldn't have languished all season in the seconds and he wouldn't have been dropped after his last game, only to get a reprieve on Saturday when Walsh was a late withdrawal.  Good luck to him and I hope he can get a premiership medallion but if he does it will be because of injury and luck, not his superior form or improvement.

What he said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
might just find himself
playing off in a GF.

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 01:33:06 PM »
Unfortunately he has now played more finals than Chris Newman - the AFL gods are cruel at times.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
Still think he could be a good player. If he was playing twos all year for Melbourne then I'd call him a dud but Sydney are a fantastic footy club. I didn't see the game but pleasing to hear about how he went.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 03:22:21 AM »
The media have to add a Tiger angle to the big day even when we aren't involved .

Tigers discard living the dream

Matt Windley
    September 28, 2012 11:00PM

MITCH Morton couldn't win senior selection at Richmond 12 months ago. Today the Tigers discard will line up in his first Grand Final.

Traded to Sydney for pick No.79 last year - a pick Richmond never used - Morton's career was hanging by a thread.

He said at yesterday's Grand Final parade that there was no way he could imagine he would end up playing a part in football's biggest day so soon.

But it hasn't all been rosy for the 25-year-old since arriving in the harbour city. An early quadriceps injury sidelined him for far longer than he would have liked and had him considering his football future.

The turnaround, Morton said, has been "amazing".

"Even 6-7 weeks ago I couldn't imagine this," Morton said yesterday.

"I was confident all year that the Swans would play a big part in the finals and I was probably a bit nervous as to whether I would be any part of that, but I knew if I stuck to what I was told to do and being asked to work on I knew I'd get an opportunity."

Morton the Tiger and Morton the West Coast Eagle loved to kick goals and loved to celebrate them.

But there is much more to his game now.

The West Australian was forced to wait until Round 21 to make his Swans debut and for good reason, he said.

"My role's changed compared to what I've played the last few years," he said.

"My role the last five weeks has been to come in and put that pressure on, chase and tackle and sort of be our first line of defence.

"I'm not there to kick goals and stuff like that - if that comes it's great - the main thing is that I'm the front line of that pressure.

"It's taken a long time to get from being a good offensive player to being a good defensive player.

"I think in the last two weeks I've shown that I can play that role, now it's just about doing it on the biggest stage of all."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/tigers-discard-living-the-dream/story-e6frf9mx-1226483758976

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 04:39:19 AM »
Right place, right time. Good luck to him
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

TigerTimeII

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 04:51:20 AM »
Facts are he is much better than nahas... We stuffed up....again

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
Facts are he is much better than nahas... We stuffed up....again

Facts are that is your opinion compared to the clubs.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”