Author Topic: Fitness coach Peter Burge [merged]  (Read 18081 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fitness coach Peter Burge [merged]
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »
no worries ybb, whatever you reckon.. nice deflection btw

Mate, you have carried on like a prat since this game - bigger sook than Jack  :lol
Spare me the personal insults.  If you don't agree with me that's fine but put an argument forward and discuss. Don't act like a very childish school boy bully. >:(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »
Pull your heads in. Tony is a great man

YBB, did you once write something somehwhere about having double d assets?

tony_montana

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »

Mate, you have carried on like a prat since this game - bigger sook than Jack  :lol

It never ceases to amaze when small minded windbags cant put aside their bias when common sense stares them straight in the eye. Ok, what can you say to rebut my earlier observations?
1. Did we or did we not get over run by a GC side that was playing 2 players short for a half?
2. Did we or did we not get over run by a carlton side that was horribly over run by port in rnd 1?
Its pretty self explanatory I would have thought. Right now at this moment, we are behind the 8 ball fitness wise. Whether that will be a problem as the season progresses we shall see, but right now on the evidence we see, we are struggling a bit. Now if you're too emotional to cop an honest opinion from a fellow supporter bc its too negative for you, then that's another story. Don't sook it up just bc I and a lot of other supporters weren't enamoured with what we saw last night.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »

Sorry about the ignorance Coach but what are double d assets?  I hope you are not referring to physical attributes….

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

Sorry about the ignorance Coach but what are double d assets?  I hope you are not referring to physical attributes….

Well, yes I am if I'm honest. Someone with the same username wrote on another Tiger forum about...well...you know..

Kind regards,
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:40:45 PM by WilliamPowell »

dwaino

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »
My initials are double D.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2014, 08:46:49 PM »
So are mine. David Davidson aka The Coach

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2014, 08:47:19 PM »

Well, yes I am if I'm honest. Someone with the same username wrote on another Tiger forum about...well...you know..

Kind regards,

Wasn't me and I'm a bloke without man boobs! ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:41:10 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
I thought so. Someone posts under the same name, I just had to ask. ;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »

"Quote from: yellowandback on Today at 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: tony_montana on Today at 12:09:00 AM

Mate, you have carried on like a prat since this game - bigger sook than Jack 

It never ceases to amaze when small minded windbags cant put aside their bias when common sense stares them straight in the eye. Ok, what can you say to rebut my earlier observations?
1. Did we or did we not get over run by a GC side that was playing 2 players short for a half?
2. Did we or did we not get over run by a carlton side that was horribly over run by port in rnd 1?
Its pretty self explanatory I would have thought. Right now at this moment, we are behind the 8 ball fitness wise. Whether that will be a problem as the season progresses we shall see, but right now on the evidence we see, we are struggling a bit. Now if you're too emotional to cop an honest opinion from a fellow supporter bc its too negative for you, then that's another story. Don't sook it up just bc I and a lot of other supporters weren't enamoured with what we saw last night."

Neither was I.
But I was wrapped with the way we fought back in the last 10 minutes if the game.
It was the 19 minute mark of the last qtr when they levelled the scores.
We had 4 of the last 6 scores in the game - that wouldn't have happened last year.
We were poor against GC, that's fair but last night while we struggled for a period, we also showed good signs.

As for being a sook......

"Gutless, deep down they don't trust each other" - really?

"We're too scared to win" but we won

We hope we can win with an arsey tinarse goal like that" WTF

"You're a idiot" whose the emotional one?

"It never ceases to amaze when small minded windbags cant put aside their bias when common sense stares them straight in the eye. Ok, what can you say to rebut my earlier observations? "

I'm small minded because I drew breath at the 20 minute mark of the last qtr and you bitched?
I'm biased because I reckon our getting a win when we looked gone was a positive sign?
Riiiiiight.

Just because it's your opinion, it's not a fact. You don't need to abuse people because they dare to disagree with you.
Grow up.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2014, 09:56:16 PM »
is it physical fitness, or a mental toughness to push hard when you are stuffed?

as for being run over by the gold coast, that happens heaps in football when one team breaks the other late in the game. it can be a fitness thing, but not necessarily.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2014, 10:27:46 PM »
What are you banging on about? I don't care if people disagree with me, I generally respect peoples right to their opinion even if we disagree, you were the one that started with the stupid call after the siren pal, remember? I didn't like that and took offence at it. If we lost I wouldn't have called supporters stupid for thinking we were going to win. But that's my problem, I don't let twit comments go and then I get involved in verbals retaliating with people like you.

A day later I stand by the overall gist of what I wrote even in the highly emotive and slightly intoxicated state I was in. Bc the top sides rarely lose their poo time and again like we seem to do in games, its a disturbing pattern that has shown no signs of abating. Im concerned!
When you see players stop with their run for fear of leaving their man, that imo IS gutless and shows a lack of trust in team mates to back up.  I saw this in tiger teams in the 90's and 00's where players go into survival mode to save their own bacon but ultimately that costs the side and stops us from becoming a very good side.

In amongst my comments, I also said before the final siren, that I was disappointed regardless of whether we won or lost bc if we won, it would be by luck not design.  Now I don't know about you, but bombing it long and hoping for someone to do something is not good process, its hoping for luck! I'd prefer players still running hard to create. For me, that shows guts and that shows faith in backing your teammates in to do the right thing. We don't have that and I want us to develop it. . Did you hear Matt Thomas today? Thought I heard him say something along the lines of we have to have the courage to keep going when the going gets tough. But yeah I have nfi and Im just a sook.

tony_montana

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2014, 10:31:45 PM »
is it physical fitness, or a mental toughness to push hard when you are stuffed?

as for being run over by the gold coast, that happens heaps in football when one team breaks the other late in the game. it can be a fitness thing, but not necessarily.

al, yeah it does happen heaps in football, but it shouldn't happen when the other team has been 2 players down for an entire half.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2014, 10:37:45 PM »
no it shouldn't, but again i pose the question, is it physical, or mental?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
no it shouldn't, but again i pose the question, is it physical, or mental?

One or the other or both, either way its had an impact thus far. Obviously the word from players in interviews today is they are extremely sore, so physically they were spent, but given that this has happened at both ends of the season last year when match hardened, you'd also have to say there's a good chance its mental too.