Author Topic: Richmond targets a GWS young gun  (Read 12712 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Richmond targets a GWS young gun
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »
Not a real pick nine thou, was he?

Given the amount of players of his age group removed from the draft

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
Pick 9 and Nahas and Graham for Tyson and Pick 21 / 24 and Pick 44?  All of them have 1 year left on contracts.  :lol

Need to keep pick 9, we don't need to trade away picks like this, regardless.

Would you swap pick 9 for pick 3?

Regardless of players involved.... ::).......no I wouldn't take Judd or Ablett for pick 9...

This has been our past problem, too many people thought we needed top up players in 95.......we need to pick a young gun with pick 9 not trade it away, unless it's for pick 1. :whistle

How is Tyson a top up player? He's a kid in his second year of senior football, would easily go in the top 10 if he was in this years draft. The kid is a young gun, who actually has an extra year of development under his belt ;)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
Not a real pick nine thou, was he?

Given the amount of players of his age group removed from the draft

He went Pick 3 ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 02:28:38 PM »
Pick 9 and Nahas and Graham for Tyson and Pick 21 / 24 and Pick 44?  All of them have 1 year left on contracts.  :lol

Regardless of players involved.... ::).......no I wouldn't take Judd or Ablett for pick 9...

This has been our past problem, too many people thought we needed top up players in 95.......we need to pick a young gun with pick 9 not trade it away, unless it's for pick 1. :whistle

How is Tyson a top up player? He's a kid in his second year of senior football, would easily go in the top 10 if he was in this years draft. The kid is a young gun, who actually has an extra year of development under his belt ;)

Ok, I DID NOT NAME HIM AS A TOP UP PLAYER.......IS THAT CLEAR?????? I was generalising.

I said I wouldn't trade away pick 9 thats it, clear cut, nothing to read into. Enough said, IMO we keep pick 9...pretty easy to understand..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »
Wow, you wouldn't give Pick 9 for Ablett?? The best player in the competition?

gerkin greg

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
Word on BF is Tyson's dad is a leading coterie member at Richmond. Dom himself grew up as a massive Tigers supporter.

His father ceratinly isn't listed in the 2012 Coterie Members on the C'ub's web-site  ;D

And as long as it isn't Hoskin-Elliott - in the few GWS games I watched he was a disappointment
From what I've heard, we're talking to WHE for next year.  ;)
We'd want to get Tyson signed first otherwise it's going to be hard to land both next year. Would make a formidable midfield though.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »

sorry mate i dont agree with this at all.

Pick 9 for a young rising player is exactly what we should be using that pick on.

If thats through the draft or a kid like WHE or Dyson then so be it

A gun player who has already been in the system 12 months is icing on the cake.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
not sure why the angst against sheedy and GWS. They havent taken anyone from us and actually got us morris with very little in return. Sheedy did us a favour with that one

GWS and Sheedy weren't trying to do us any favours when they threw the kitchen sink at Dusty when he'd only played 5 or 6 games for us.  We had to move quickly and sign Dusty on bigger bucks than he was worth at the time..... f**k GWS  !! No prisoners !
I just knew someone would misinterpret this.
I am not saying dont do it, i just cant understand the spite leveled towards GWS and sheedy.

This is why i said that "I cant understand the angst", which is a bit different to saying "oohh, don't take anyone from GWS"

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »

Wow.... Pick 3>>>>>>>pick 9 dude, Dom Tyson went pick 3 last season, pick 3 and is a stuffing jet in the making, better than anything we'll get at pick 9 this draft..... But yeah we wouldn't be picking up a young gun with pick 9 if we did the above  :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »
not sure why the angst against sheedy and GWS. They havent taken anyone from us and actually got us morris with very little in return. Sheedy did us a favour with that one

GWS and Sheedy weren't trying to do us any favours when they threw the kitchen sink at Dusty when he'd only played 5 or 6 games for us.  We had to move quickly and sign Dusty on bigger bucks than he was worth at the time..... f**k GWS  !! No prisoners !
I just knew someone would misinterpret this.
I am not saying dont do it, i just cant understand the spite leveled towards GWS and sheedy.

This is why i said that "I cant understand the angst", which is a bit different to saying "oohh, don't take anyone from GWS"

Maybe u should have said "I can't understand the degree of angst"  :shh

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2012, 03:34:08 PM »
 :laugh: perhaps....

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »
anways, if it is Tyson, how the eff do we get him if GWS have the poos and dont want to do business. He is contracted isnt he? and GWS are unlikely to let him go for pick 9

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
Pick 9 and Nahas. You could throw in Post too!

As one famous supporter keeps on saying....

Get it done Tiges!!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »

Ok, I DID NOT NAME HIM AS A TOP UP PLAYER.......IS THAT CLEAR?????? I was generalising.

I said I wouldn't trade away pick 9 thats it, clear cut, nothing to read into. Enough said, IMO we keep pick 9...pretty easy to understand..
Then why mention "Top Up Players" when it is clear that the thread and all the discussions in it are related to pick 9 and Dom Tyson????

Re Read what you wrote! You said....Regardless of players involved.... ::).......no I wouldn't take Judd or Ablett for pick 9... Then then directly after that you wrote....This has been our past problem, too many people thought we needed top up players in 95.......we need to pick a young gun with pick 9 not trade it away, unless it's for pick 1. :whistl

So what are you trying to say exactly??

LMAO at the way you back peddle and add disclaimers every time you post something stupid :lol :lol