Author Topic: Tigers should trade Nathan Brown  (Read 3708 times)

PuntRdRoar

Re: Tigers should trade Nathan Brown
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2005, 03:36:44 PM »
gotta be worth 2 top 10s  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2005, 09:10:50 PM »
i wobder if it was windy and swirly there as even krak had trouble kicking, in teh end we won and the polish was from simonds, his last quarter was hard at the ball , kicked a team lifting goal and by nathan brown! next person who says we should trade him i will shoot him!!

No it was windy X - lovely still night but the ground was very very slippery (duey) we walked across the ground after the game and were amazed at how slippery it was.

I noticed when Krak sprayed it out ont he full in the last and thought I was going to get hit in the head with the ball  :o that the ball looked like it had alot of moisture on it - may explain some of the shcoking kicking for goal :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2005, 06:38:28 AM »
i wobder if it was windy and swirly there as even krak had trouble kicking, in teh end we won and the polish was from simonds, his last quarter was hard at the ball , kicked a team lifting goal and by nathan brown! next person who says we should trade him i will shoot him!!

No it was windy X - lovely still night but the ground was very very slippery (duey) we walked across the ground after the game and were amazed at how slippery it was.

I noticed when Krak sprayed it out ont he full in the last and thought I was going to get hit in the head with the ball  :o that the ball looked like it had alot of moisture on it - may explain some of the shcoking kicking for goal :thumbsup

thanx champ, and rampt, u r a fool!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2005, 07:47:35 AM »
It wasn't windy or swirly but someone near me said the ground was pretty heavy with moisture.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2005, 10:05:47 AM »
pmsl  ;D :cheers :scream

Bulluss

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2005, 10:36:33 AM »
It wasn't windy or swirly but someone near me said the ground was pretty heavy with moisture.

That was probably from you Julz, drooling everytime that Richo ran past!! ;D ;D

Ramps

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »
3 years on - this topic that I started - has to come under serious consideration. And by the way, I just read through this whole thread again and I realised why OER is a great forum, some classic OER posts in this thread- we do good comedy in this joint from time to time and sometimes we are on the money to  ;):clapping  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 07:54:03 PM »
3 years on - this topic that I started - has to come under serious consideration. And by the way, I just read through this whole thread again and I realised why OER is a great forum, some classic OER posts in this thread- we do good comedy in this joint from time to time and sometimes we are on the money to  ;):clapping  :lol

You won't get 2 top 10 picks now Ramps lol. I'd doubt you'd even get one for browny. Probably a late first rounder or high second rounder for a 30-year old small forward (think Aker to the Dogs). That broken leg robbed Browny of his best years but he's still very good. He'll play out his days at Punt Rd. In his mind he reckons he still has 3-4 years to offer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »

You won't get 2 top 10 picks now Ramps lol. I'd doubt you'd even get one for browny. Probably a late first rounder or high second rounder for a 30-year old small forward (think Aker to the Dogs). That broken leg robbed Browny of his best years but he's still very good. He'll play out his days at Punt Rd. In his mind he reckons he still has 3-4 years to offer.

I wasnt referring to what wed specifically receive, 3 years ago we would have been in amuch better position, today ... I dont know what wed get, maybe nothing maybe a pick between 15 and 20 who knows, the 2 top 10s I think was fair 3 years ago...unfortunately thats not relevant today.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »

I wasnt referring to what wed specifically receive, 3 years ago we would have been in amuch better position, today ... I dont know what wed get, maybe nothing maybe a pick between 15 and 20 who knows, the 2 top 10s I think was fair 3 years ago...unfortunately thats not relevant today.
Yep Ramps when you posted it back then Browny was probably in the top 5 players in the comp on form. The thing is even back then we wouldn't have got a trade done once his leg snapped.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd