Author Topic: Richmond's biggest whipping boy  (Read 5452 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Richmond's biggest whipping boy
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:18 AM »
I'm a little surprised M Deas name hasn't come up yet.
He has been whooped harder than Dunaden in yesterday's Cup by many posters on this forum.
Dea-sgraceful!

Dea is a honest plodder who plays his role well, doesnt shirk the contest and knows his limitations. He doesn't pretend to be anything he isn't. Plus he is a DEAlightful bloke.

Compare that with the non-committed Post, the undiciplined Jackson and the perennial malaise that is White.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
J.O.N TIVENDALE TAMBLING

Chippendale was a gun
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »
I'm a little surprised M Deas name hasn't come up yet.
He has been whooped harder than Dunaden in yesterday's Cup by many posters on this forum.
Dea-sgraceful!
reckon if you did a list of younger blokes who would be needing to improve or maybe find themselves in trouble deas name would be one of them. there are a few others as well.
only reason i dont mention younger players is time in system, usually type  and background .
dea comes from a non footy background and he was always going to take a little time.i suppose it all comes back to how patient we are with young blokes.

the claw

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 01:01:33 PM »
i dont bag em for the heck of it. its purely based on performance time in system  and weaknesses in their game.

white, nahas, mcguane, king, jackson, edwards, and houli and possibly derickx  are all senior players who i would look to trade out  and attempt to upgrade on them. they are clearly the next group in the gun because of over all performances age and time in system and last but not least  they all have chronic deficiencies.

seems most would include post in there as well. me while concerned i actually think hes tracking okay. for sure he needs to take steps next yr.

Sorry Claw but Houli offers a hell of allot more to the side now than post does, have or will. I'm not Houli's biggest fan but he plays his roll and players it better than allot of others. If we can get a kid in that over takes Houli then so be it but at worst he will finish up as a depth player and the day we have to use Houli as depth is the day were well and truly heading toward the top of the ladder. Until then he is entrenched in or best 22, Post isn't and I doubt he ever will be.....

chalk and cheese tft.  post is a kpp houli a flanker.
while i agree houli has performed a role well at times hes also very limited in 1/  the roles he can perform and  2/ the way he plays.
it is only my opinion but  i think we do have other better options than houli to play across hb. and i believe it would not be hard to find a young upgrade on him either.
i agree he would be decent depth but hes limited in what roles he could come in and perform.in fact what i have seen of him he has one role and that is as a loose running defender.

post well when i compare him to players its our tall defenders..
rance, grimes, post. with griffiths and astbury and now chaplin. that is it we need at least this many tall defenders. i keep saying it the two utilities griffiths and astbury do play as forwards and that is their natural and best position post is very much a needed player.

unlike most people i think when he came in in rnd 17 and got a continual run at it for the rest of the yr he grew and grew and had some real good games in rnds 21 and 22, unfortunately his season became a bookend when he had a poor one in rnd 23.

he played better footy than both rance and griffiths at times yet these two seem to be golden boys who cop no criticism at all.they make regular mistakes and its over looked post makes one and every man and his dog jumps on it.

i know most will laugh at this  but next yr depending on opposition  id be tempted to play

b/ morris - chaplin - grimes
hb/ rance - post - batchelor/conca/houli.?????

i think we could do this because rance and grimes are both very good movers. give them more running roles than pure defensive roles.
i think post will continue to grow and improve with opportunity but he is on a knife edge he needs to work on his weaknesses.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »
i dont bag em for the heck of it. its purely based on performance time in system  and weaknesses in their game.

white, nahas, mcguane, king, jackson, edwards, and houli and possibly derickx  are all senior players who i would look to trade out  and attempt to upgrade on them. they are clearly the next group in the gun because of over all performances age and time in system and last but not least  they all have chronic deficiencies.

seems most would include post in there as well. me while concerned i actually think hes tracking okay. for sure he needs to take steps next yr.

Sorry Claw but Houli offers a hell of allot more to the side now than post does, have or will. I'm not Houli's biggest fan but he plays his roll and players it better than allot of others. If we can get a kid in that over takes Houli then so be it but at worst he will finish up as a depth player and the day we have to use Houli as depth is the day were well and truly heading toward the top of the ladder. Until then he is entrenched in or best 22, Post isn't and I doubt he ever will be.....

chalk and cheese tft.  post is a kpp houli a flanker.
while i agree houli has performed a role well at times hes also very limited in 1/  the roles he can perform and  2/ the way he plays.
it is only my opinion but  i think we do have other better options than houli to play across hb. and i believe it would not be hard to find a young upgrade on him either.
i agree he would be decent depth but hes limited in what roles he could come in and perform.in fact what i have seen of him he has one role and that is as a loose running defender.

post well when i compare him to players its our tall defenders..
rance, grimes, post. with griffiths and astbury and now chaplin. that is it we need at least this many tall defenders. i keep saying it the two utilities griffiths and astbury do play as forwards and that is their natural and best position post is very much a needed player.

unlike most people i think when he came in in rnd 17 and got a continual run at it for the rest of the yr he grew and grew and had some real good games in rnds 21 and 22, unfortunately his season became a bookend when he had a poor one in rnd 23.

he played better footy than both rance and griffiths at times yet these two seem to be golden boys who cop no criticism at all.they make regular mistakes and its over looked post makes one and every man and his dog jumps on it.

i know most will laugh at this  but next yr depending on opposition  id be tempted to play

b/ morris - chaplin - grimes
hb/ rance - post - batchelor/conca/houli.?????

i think we could do this because rance and grimes are both very good movers. give them more running roles than pure defensive roles.
i think post will continue to grow and improve with opportunity but he is on a knife edge he needs to work on his weaknesses.

I reckon if Post gets a good run of games in the first 2-3 months of the year, he'll become one of our best key position players. It's the lack of games in the past 2 seasons which has hurt him. Other players who did no more were given games ahead of him

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »
Word is Post to Brisbane will be done very soon.

the claw

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »
source.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

As long as it isnt for Raines

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »

As long as it isnt for Raines

Craig Lambert?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »
I don't think Claw said Post was better than Houli. The day Houli is entrenched in our best 22 is the day we know we're still a mile off finals. I guess that day is today and every other day Hbouli has been at this club. Then again if Batchelor misses out on games then we can't be going too bad in our backline??

Why post this crap? We will make finals with Houli and batchelor

Not with Houli unless his missus supplies the tabouli to the Dim Sim family every thursday night again.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
I don't think Claw said Post was better than Houli. The day Houli is entrenched in our best 22 is the day we know we're still a mile off finals. I guess that day is today and every other day Hbouli has been at this club. Then again if Batchelor misses out on games then we can't be going too bad in our backline??

Why post this crap? We will make finals with Houli and batchelor

Not with Houli unless his missus supplies the tabouli to the Dim Sim family every thursday night again.

:fishing

TigerTimeII

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Judge Roughneck